Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • I went for a walk today. Exercise for the year done.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Nice one little Davy!

'twill be a while before I'm called that.......4 stone to go by my reckoning.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Missed last week for logistical reasons but at the weigh-in this week I was 5.5lbs lighter over 2 weeks. That's a result given I have attended 3 boozing sessions - 2 of which were half day affairs and involved dining, Guinness, red wine etc.

I am now the lightest I have been in approx 10 years - under 19st. Next goal is my wedding weight which is about 1 and a half stone lighter than I am now.

See you on the other side.
  • Come January I've been gymming it for a year. 
    At least 3 times a week, about 1-1.5hrs a session, weights only - not a minute of cardio - and following a programme, I'm probably in the best shape I've been in for 10+ years. According the scales (which I don't even bother looking at anymore because i can see the fat has dropped off) I've not lost a single pound but I've lost a shit load of fat and gained a load of definition. I've even got muscle I didn't know existed. 

In a couple of weeks some of you might be tempted to join a gym and if you are like me you will be full of dread at pounding a treadmill. But it's been a way easier for me to keep motivated by pumping iron instead and you get the double whammy benefit of losing fat and building muscle.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Hate the bastards who go just for Jan or something and take up all the space such that us regulars don’t get to do our routine stuff.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ha. I'm usually in early mornings when it's quiet after the prework rush. 
    I went in after work once... Never again, it was horrible, men were touching other, shouting and grunting, I think there was even a high five or two. 
    I started over a year ago but didn't get anywhere for about 4 months. 
    I asked a guy I know who's a trainer and he said find a programme and stick to it. Previously I was going in and doing what I felt like doing and it was just too random.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Hullo thread. Figured I'd post an update since it's the end of the year. 

This year I mainly did a lot more walking to work since the office moved to London. Then I spent august onwards being a fucking hipster vegan. I was pretty good at eating better this year but less good at sticking to my (humble) exercise routine. Luckily all the walking made up for it. 

I am now a 36" waist and I reckon I will probably drop back to 34" which is basically my waist size from like 15 years ago when I was a y u n g b o i and is my 'normal' size. I went from just about a 2XL to well into an XL this year in terms of tops sizing and then got a shirt for xmas off my aunt which was an L that actually fits normally so I'm pretty chuffed about that, guess I did a bit better than I thought. 

Anyway, this is by no means a humblebrag cos I think it's been 3 years since I started trying to eat better and get more exercise to lose some weight, which seems like a long time and at the same time sitting here thinking about it doesn't seem to have felt that long, I guess probably because it's the laziest routine of all time. I just want to continue to let it be known that you don't have to go to a gym, you don't have to do any diet clubs if you don't want to. You can just do little things one at a time as you feel comfortable and eventually it will all add up. I still don't weigh myself and still have no plan to. 

Good luck for 2018 thread peeps. Happy new year.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I saw your instagram pic the other day mate.
    Came up as a suggested or summat, I noticed that you looked a lot better.
    Congrats.

Your method is my plan for the next year and so on, really got to knuckle down as I have gone back to being a right fat Fuck after losing a decent amount a couple of years back. I piled back on because I moved and stopped going to the gym, I always hated it anyway though.
    Started walking Clayton pretty far everyday recently, talking 5 miles a day minimum.
    Dry January starts tomorrow, that is a big chunk of my chunk.
  • Yeah boiiii (and also thanks)

Don't worry about telling yourself you gotta knuckle down though, just pick one thing and do that, so in January just do dry January and carry on as normal and then in Feb just pick something you can easily change and just do that to start, no point making it hard on yourself else you just give up after a bit unless you are real masochist. 

In my experience walking more was the single biggest thing. I think I walk about 10k a day (so 5k to work and 5k back) not including other shit like taking stairs instead of the lift and all that shit. Cos even if you have a shitty day and you just eat a fat takeaway, if you're walking about a lot and eating okay the rest of the time the occasional OMG NEED JUNK FOOD NAO fix isn't going to negatively impact on anything. Which is cool cos you already got your walking routine sorted with Clayton so once you make inroads on either a bit of extra exercise or some changes to what you eat/drink then it'll start adding up. 

Good luck dude!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah man, definitely the type of approach that works for myself.
    Food will naturally improve anyway without drink, snacking while drinking and hangover food are fuckers. But yeah, little improvements here and there over time add up and are easier to stick to.

Tonight, I am eating and drinking like a boss though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No humblebrags Rouj, you just go ahead and share the success.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    There's lots of bending and crawling under his table to fiddle with cables and plugs.

I've gone from 154 to 168 this past year, which'd be fine if I didn't plan to get back into running this spring (I've been ticking over in '17; running and lifting). I was ~150 at my fastest in 2016, so anywhere in that region's good. I've been dieting (which for me is only cutting down on chocolate) for a fortnight and fallen to 164.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1 and a half lbs put on over the fortnight.

I would have taken that - so content.

Back into sensible eating these last couple of days.

Have stashed away any unopened contraband. We tend not to open anything - different story once opened though....

Going to go dry this month too - I have a mate's 50th birthday weekend in Donegal at the end of the month so will aim for that.
  • I was extremely tempted have a beer the other night.
    Stressful day of work and fancied that release but held strong. I have done it before and if you can get past the first week to ten days it is pretty easy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    To be honest I couldn't face the thought of drink. It's something I don't miss that much any more - especially in the house.

Had a sufficiency over Christmas. New Years Eve was a car crash - got totally pissed on a smorgasbord of whiskey, akvavit, Tequila, lager, cherry beer and sherry. That's what I remember at any rate.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven’t been in this thread in a while, but just catching up on Davy's posts and am bloody impressed. Well done!
  • Just been for a 'jog' after coming back from the shops...with a tub of SlimFast.  My paunch is just getting ridiculous now.  I can't fit into any of the XL jumpers I got for Xmas for christ's sake!  I've never properly tried to diet in my life, and whilst I know 'diets' don't work I just wanna try and cut of out all the beer, cakes, crisps and other assorted crap that's got me in the state I'm now in.

The 'jog' really was a 7min shuffle around the outskirts of the local park. Tried a second lap but my legs gave out.   And whilst I cycle (about 25min in total a day to work and back on a leisurely commute) I've come to associate the bike with the job, so it's gets thrown into the back of the garage come Friday and doesn't re-emerge till the weekends done.  By which time the binge drinkin' has put paid to any benefit I might have received from that exercise.

Suppose if there's one thing that might help with my new found resolve to lose the belly is the fact that the new girl in work is quite cute - and if I'm to stand any chance in that department, I need to put paid to the paunch.

On another note, why don't we get public health messages like this one anymore?

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Well done for getting out for a jog in the first place, that’s often the hardest bit. Build up slowly and you’ll be knocking off 5k+ in no time. Then you can do parkrun, invite the new lass at work along and go for a coffee after. Job done.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Well, coffees finished, they’re both still glistening with the moisture from the hard fought 3 mile meander. She stares across at his red, sweaty face from behind a cappuccino-froth moustache and invites him back to hers for a shower. He coyly accepts, and they both head briskly back to hers. “Wait here” she says when they arrive back at hers. She emerges from the front door 2 minutes later wearing a pair of green frog-eyed wellies and brandishing a karcher pressure washer with the patio dirt blasting attachment.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That took a sinister turn.
  • Ooh, I've got one of those.
  • So I wanna cut some fat and will need to count calories first. Logged onto myfitnesspal for first time in over a year and logged everything I ate during a normal working day that includes all meals and snacks.  Seems I’m having around 2,200 calories easily. My BMR is around 1,800 according 2 or 3 different sources. I walk over half hour to and from school and work etc quite briskly so using up some excess calories there. 

Wondering where to cut down. Morning muesli seems the most obvious choice, but apart from that just reducing portions by a little would help. Like 150g Greek yoghurt instead of 200g, 3 oatcakes with humous instead of 4 or more.

Let’s see how I go. Wanna get rid of love handles if I can.
  • Check different brands of what it is you are eating.
    What seem similar can be hugely different. For example I seem to remember Uncle Ben's microwave rice pouches had nearly twice the calories of other brands.
  • Aye, I do and will continue to do so. My wife takes the piss cos when we go shopping, I’m constantly checking nutrition info. Muesli wise, I’ve found a couple of good ones with not-so-much fruit/sugar. I think I just eat big portions cos ITZ TASTY!

Would like to cut some fat and then try and maintain at that level. Would mean experimenting with intake and settling on a routine.
  • Cut carbs not fat. Fat is the one true god.
  • Seriously though, I massively reduced carb intake through November and December (until festive consumption of shite at least), lost weight even though I made few other adjustment and was actually running less than normal due to man flu.
  • Not a fat fighting thing really but I ditched caffeine entirely back in December and am feeling much better for it now for whatever reason.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!