Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    -2lb this week. A minor miracle. Shows you can celebrate a bit and keep with the programme.

Wifey's away until Sunday on a spree in Portugal with friends. It's tougher doing it on your own. Will see how I get on.
  • Keep on doing it davyK, sounds like you're winning.
  • I’m now 2 months in to having a personal trainer.  I’ve only lost about 1.8kgs, but it’s been an absolute revelation in terms of my attitude to fitness (something I enjoy and WANT to do, not something I SHOULD do).  I look loads better; lost a load of fat around my face and neck, and I have actual definition in muscles across my shoulders, chest and arms.  

My core strength is something I couldn’t have believed 2 months ago (plank times have gone from 25 seconds to nearly 2 minutes, and I can do 56 consecutive renegade rows with 4kgs dumbbells while planking now), but I think I need to start involving nutrition more to help me see a benefit in how it’s going.

I still basically just want to look better in the mirror, so hope this is the right thread to discuss...?
  • You may have ‘only’ lost 1.8kg, but if you’ve only just/recently started training then some fat loss may be being masked by muscle gain.

Try cutting down on food just a little bit, carbs in particular.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Relatively small weight loss but the tale of the tape is probably more impressive. You will have gained and lost inches in the right places.
  • Agreed; I mean, I feel stronger, I feel fitter, and I objectively look better, even if my trousers aren’t quite falling down yet and I’ve not lost a lot of weight.  I’m trying not to get hung up on numbers, but dropping a waist size and a bunch of kgs is definitely a wish.
  • Also it’s a bank holiday and I’m in the pub, but I’ve massively cut down on random alcohol and mid-week drinking, so that must be helping.
  • Elm is getting buff 

he'll be unstoppable
  • Tempy wrote:
    Elm is getting buff  he'll be unstoppable

Kind of the idea...!  Always wished I could get more into this.  I look better already so high hopes for keeping it going.
  • I’ve stalled at 69.7kg. Think I need to make a small cut to calories.
  • For clarity I’m still a measurable amount over 100kgs, so congrats to those who are getting there substantially below that...!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Keep it simple Elm, lots of protein and carbs, lower fat on training days, lots of protein, fat and minimal carbs on rest days.

Build musclr first and if you want to get lean, go keto like Elf or someone and get buff as fick
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • When you say “build muscle” do I need to start thinking about weird protein things on days I work out?  I like the idea of helping my body out but also aware I’m new to this, and maybe just working out is enough?

I mean, very happy to work on specific diets for training days, and we’re shifting from 2/5 to 3/4, but advice needed.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It is enough, especially at the start with dem noob gains, but you can help it along by getting into good habits. Fuck supplements and whatnot, just pack in the steaks and milk and veg like a bastard
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Steaks are hard when I live with a 9 year old and a vegetarian in her 30s; frankly if there’s a supplement option I’d be happier!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Protein shakes it is! Also milk and lots of it
  • Yay! Which what how now what?
  • Unhomogenised gold top variety is your friend, but can cost a bit.
  • Any advice is good advice
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Also it’s a bank holiday and I’m in the pub, but I’ve massively cut down on random alcohol and mid-week drinking, so that must be helping.

Booze, especially beer and wine , really needs to be cut out or drastically down. It's one of the reasons I've managed to drop 4st in 6 months - but I did have a lot to loose.  I've subbed it with whisk(e)y, ice and water when I take a drink.
  • Smashed my 10k pb tonight with a 39:38 at a local club race. Previous best was right on the 40:00 bubble, watch said 39:59 but my official time was 40 dead so it’s great to finally break the 40 barrier officially. Primal/not-quite-keto eating has definitely helped me keep my weight at a decent level, used to bounce around the 12 stone mark but these days I’m consistently closer to 11.5. If I had a bit more discipline I’d try full keto but there’s just too much other stuff going on. 

Anyway, dead chuffed with my time. Next goal is breaking 1:30 at half marathon then I can retire.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another  4lbs off since I last posted. Just a shade off 4.5 stone lost now.
  • Nice one Davy!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've just attempted a proper plank and proper push ups. Managed about 30 seconds on the plank and 2 push ups. Think I've work to do. Kinda finally decided I can't be a fat fuck for the rest of my life now I barely drink and don't touch weed.
  • 30 second plank is a good starting point.  Just build up gradually.  Careful on the push-ups, my shoulders are fucked from years of doing it wrong.

the-proper-pushup-form.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I watched a Youtube vid on how to do them, managed two like that and then I started sagging so stopped. Gonna aim for three sets of two and build up from there, if I feel any sagging I'm noping out.

Used to do them when younger and fitter but got shown how to do them with elbows pointing out, they didn't help much.
  • Grats Daddy, Davy and DS on your gainz.

I'm still sticking at it, soy boy life, walking to work and mild exercise in the evening. No metrics to follow per se, but might buy some extra plates for my weights, pretty much maxing out my reps on my current weight now for my babies exercises.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Right, say you are a skinny 30 year old who eats pretty well, and weighs on the 9st/10st border, has no money to go to the gym regularly, but has access to some weights at home and the physical resistance of his own body, coupled with compete ineptitude at figuring out how to use these components to get a bit of definition here and there. What do?
  • Honestly tempo you can just straight up do loads of press ups or try building up to loads anyway. Situps as well.

Loads of knee lifts and lunges and standing squats as well. Planks too.

If you want to actually use the weights do a few bicep curls and tricep dealies and some forearm curls.

Fuck anything more complicated. This patented system (apart from the loads of press ups part because I am a perpetual weakling) is fully endorsed as part of my stop being a fatso journey.

Minimal impact on joints, minimal risk, results over time.

Do not listen to any of the lifts bro cru, they have all forgotten what it was like to be not buff.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!