Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • Calorie restricted weights programmes suck.
  • What myself and goober are doing isn't really calorie restricting just getting on the right path.

By asking me my weight, height, sex and activity level it gives me a set amount of calories per day, I can then add exercises to increase how many cals I'm given. Easy enough really.

Although I doubt an hour of walking at 2.5 mph is as much as 600cals.
  • You're all going to die anyway.
  • Big time!
    Im 85kg of rippling muscle btw. Almost :(
  • TheDJR wrote:
    You're all going to die anyway.
    Bullshit!
  • I'm almost afraid to weigh my fat ass.  Was in great shape during my 20s that fortunately enough left me with a fairly solid, broad frame and some nice muscles - if I do say so. But dayam 33, too much ale and only a few failed flirty running spats has left me with some nice jowls and a hella beer belly. The half term plan to blitz it and get back on the exercise horse, quit the ale and eat right has so far resulted in my sitting on my arse playing windwaker for about 4 hours straight.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Bullshit!

You're first.

• TheDJR wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Bullshit!
    You're first.

Come at me!
  • Still hitting low on this calorie thing.
    Put in what I have had today and what I am having for dinner and I still have 700 odd calories to play with.

What's it giving as your allowance?
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I've never understood the 2000 calories for women thing. I don't usually eat over 1000 unless i've eaten really badly for that day. I can't imagine trying to eat double the amount I do o.O
  • 2000 is an average, some need less, some need more. Most people couldn't imagine trying to eat sub 1000 calories a day.
  • I seem to eat however many I need, although I'm consciously aiming to eat more because I have a crazy exercise regime and I don't want to burn the muscles I'm trying to grow, but I do want to shift the fat!
  • I would kill for a gym membership, I want to do some weights but it's well out of my reach financially.
  • Start with cans of beans.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Still hitting low on this calorie thing. Put in what I have had today and what I am having for dinner and I still have 700 odd calories to play with.
    What's it giving as your allowance?

2100 and some change.

I will say that I am feeling hungry at appropriate times though, like just before lunch and dinner.
  • Are you trying to lose weight, or just monitoring what you're eating?
  • Lose weight by monitoring.
    No interested in a diet as such but want to get my eating back on track which in turn will end up with me losing weight. basicaly this thing says I don't have enough calories left for beer so I'm not having it.
  • Would you normally have a had a beer the last few days? Just wondering how you can need to lose weight if you're eating as usual yet having hundreds of calories surplus each day.
  • I would normally have had or beer or three. 
    I have payed a bit more attention too, had snack a jacks instead of crisps, didn't buy lucozade this morning had sparkling water instead, had toast at home instead of a cereal bar at work. Still pretty normal eating just small substitutions that I haven't noticed.

Has only been 48 hours mind.
  • Fizzy drinks kill me. I love Irn Bru and can easily drink a 500ml bottle a day. That's like, 200 useless calories right there.
  • Good lad Live, be disciplined, you will learn to to love the hunger pangs.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • ZMM wrote:
    I seem to eat however many I need, although I'm consciously aiming to eat more because I have a crazy exercise regime and I don't want to burn the muscles I'm trying to grow, but I do want to shift the fat!

Almost impossible, FYI. Burning fat and bulking require different exercise routines and different eating plans. Nearest you'll get is circuit training using free-weights. Best way is burn fat and maintain muscle mass, then start adding bulk.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I'd go the other way and just keep bulking up, winter is[font=arial, sans-serif] coming anyway so just start cutting before spring and you'll be good.[/font]
  • From experience, if you've fat to get rid of, it's easier to do it first (depending how much you need to get rid of natch - if you've only a bit to get rid of then Hulk's right, bulk first).

Good thing is that nothing burns calories better than lots of muscle so the more muscle you have, the more you burn.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Went to the gym this morning, did find a scale, but couldn't find anything that would measure my height. So am none the wiser, as I was too tired to actually use the scale.

Not that I'm looking for losing weight, but keeping track of food intake can be interesting. I already noticed I've chanced a few things since I started going there, although I'll never be able to cut all bad things.

Best thing is that I might have quit smoking since yesterday. Not had the urge to get new cigarettes yet, last one was Sunday evening, and I just don't really enjoy them anymore.
  • Stopped the coffee and switched to weak diluting juice
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Where you having mocha-choco-cara-pecan-Bono-Lattes?
    I only drink black coffee, which is free (both in terms calories and my work provide it).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Am in pain this morning after yesterday's gym session, haven't been in over a month.
  • Doesn't coffee speed up the metabolism or something making it easier to keep weight off? 

That's my excuse for the amount I drink anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!