Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • Hit 10,000 steps getting into bed.

Pro tier that.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've been off the booze all month, exercising regularly and eating (generally) well. Knocked off 3kgs so far, I've got another 8 to go to get to where I want to be. Hopefully by mid March.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Down from 100 to 95 with minimal strength loss so far, wahey
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    101 to 98 here. 90 is the target.
  • Hit 10,000 steps getting into bed. Pro tier that.

Wow. How did you do that? You have a really tall ladder on climb first or something? Like a really high bunk bed.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Jeez you guys are monsters. I got to 75kg. Down to 73kg now and hope to get to maybe 68kg or so before a little bulk again and maintain at around maybe 70kg.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm 6'3", and apparently the upper end of a healthy weight for me is 85kg. The lowest I've ever been as an adult is 84 when I was boxing, and I was training three times a day and was probably about 5% body fat, so there's no way I'm getting down to that weight.
  • I'm aiming to get down to about 70kg ahead of my wedding. Currently dancing around 77 but looking to cut down on booze and get back into running. Surely I can manage that in the 22 weeks I have ahead of me.
  • I'm 6'3", and apparently the upper end of a healthy weight for me is 85kg. The lowest I've ever been as an adult is 84 when I was boxing, and I was training three times a day and was probably about 5% body fat, so there's no way I'm getting down to that weight.

Ah you're grand. NHS has the healthy weight band for 6'3 as about 70 to 90kg.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/height-weight-chart/
  • I'm 6'3", and apparently the upper end of a healthy weight for me is 85kg. The lowest I've ever been as an adult is 84 when I was boxing, and I was training three times a day and was probably about 5% body fat, so there's no way I'm getting down to that weight.

Holy fuck 5%

Yeah forget you’re tall. And bigger frame too. I’m 177/5’9.5”, and have small frame (tiny wrists). I would be happy at 70kg but good body composition.
  • Ah, 57.5 to 80 for me then according to chart. I have small frame so should be towards lower end.

Don’t think I’ve ever gone above 80kg, that was my heaviest about 5 years ago. Got to 66kg mid last year after half marathon and then Ramadan. Felt too skinny. Wanna settle on say 70kg then. That might be ideal for me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm back up to around the 18st mark (114kg) which is a bit disappointing but I am in the same size clothes.

I'm back on the wagon again. I never really fell off - just I have put on weight the last 2 Christmases and haven't taken it off. I'd like to get down to around the 100kg mark really. Though people were saying I was gaunt looking at that weight. I'm not tall really (just over 6' 1'') but I'm quite wide.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I think that the biggest contributor to my flab over the last few years was eating meal deal style products for lunch every day. Last year I moved over to home-made veg curries and pasta sauces (with lentil flour pasta) for lunch instead of processed meat sandwiches, and also cut out any wheat breakfast cereals in favour of oats and fruit. Lost about 2 inches off my waist just from this.
    I'm not one of these anti-wheat/gluten types but boy do we bulk up on too much of that crap.

Definitely don't crash diet, and don't cut something you like out 100% though, because that's not sustainable.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I changed my eating habits just over 2 years ago and lost almost 6 stone. I needed lose it. I had lost almost 2 stone a year before starting that. It was part of a well known slimming club.

I am still on the programme as in I still eat the way I did. So I eat healthily. The programme was not a faddy one - it's main thrust being to eat all fresh prepped food with at least 1/3 vegetables every meal.  This was also backed up by rationing dairy, bread or equiv and of course booze and sugar.

My gains have been all about about falling of the wagon because of a raging sweet tooth which I will never get rid of , and a love of booze.  I can control my sweet tooth with dark ,>80%, chocolate and strong coffee - but every so often I will go off piste and I will gain depending on how long I get back to being sensible and how long I stay that way.

It really isn't that complicated - the healthy eating is my rock but I have to consciously address the sweet tooth thing. Booze I can handle because I only like drinking when out with company.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Back on the wagon this week after a week in Lanzarote. Didn't go mad when I was away but I put a couple of pounds on. Have negated that already and back on the normal regimen with Christmas well behind me.
  • Have started the 5:2 fasting diet and today is my first fasting day - it's a bit of a shock to the system given the excess of lockdown but then I guess that's why I'm doing it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've been holding steady but I need to lose the weight I put on last Christmas before the next one comes along!!
  • Kinda at a difficult point now. I lost a couple of stone of flab over the summer by cutting out all junk except for one day a week. I'm carrying on doing weights (just dumbbells) and climbing and don't want to loose more weight at all, and Ideally I want to put a little bit of weight back on but as muscle.

Is it just a case of upping food intake incrementally but only healthy stuff?
    Really wish I'd done this stuff in my 20s when my metabolism wasn't set to 'slob'.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • 66.26kg (7-day average) and broadly 13.5% body fat. Getting there. Slowly slowly.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rejoined the slimming club. Weight coming off steadily. Hope to have half a stone off this week after a month. That would see me down to 110kg aka 17st 5lb again. I put a stone on last Christmas and didn't get it off. So if I can get another half stone off over the next 5 weeks I'll be back to where I was a year ago.  Have a sensible holiday and then back to getting the final stone and a half off to get to my target weight of getting below 100kg.
  • Nicely done elf. Fingers crossed davy!

I'm still carrying a good half stone+ of lockdown weight (which was a good stone+), which was coming off nicely until Covid hit. I'm back to running again now, managed 5 miles today, feeling pretty good, so think the lingering chestiness has finally abated.

Need to stop eating so much shite though.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I didn't put any weight on over lockdown - but had to work at not putting any on!!!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    aarrghh.... a half pound shy of the half stone mark. Still happy though. It will be off me next week and I'm on schedule for having a stone off by Christmas.

Steady losses - 1.5 - 2 lbs a week is just fine with me and sustainable.
  • Good effort Davy!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another 2lb loss this week. Steady as she goes.
  • What the fuck is this fat doctor vs weight loss guru shit from This Morning?! I just watched it on YT and can’t believe this woman is a doctor and allowed to go around saying this shit. There’s some truth to some of that stuff she is saying but she’s not doing it well.
  • I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Stone and a half off since I went back to Slimming World. One stone off my current target weight of 15st 7lbs.

Hitting a wobbly section at the mo...but holding on. :)
  • That all lead me to this; I shouldn't be surprised this is a TV show you could have actually made but I am.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

Phil himself is a fine example of what a male eating disorder can produce so that must have been a tricky ten minutes for him.  Surely, being heavy isn’t something we should be encouraging though?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!