Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm going to cut out carbs starting tomorrow (I have mashed tatties planned for dinner). I tried it before and dropped 5kg in two weeks but its difficult to maintain.
  • Sounds like you will be ok elf, its more the people who drink them non stop.
    Making your own helps, means you pack them out with carrot or put in some yoghurt over banana.

Apparently having spicy food in the morning is supposed to give your metabolism a jolt.

Any truth in that? I could probably have a few jalapeño slices in the morning.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've heard that ref spicy food before. Scrambled eggs with chopped chillies is probably quite a good breakfast.
  • I've heard about that too, but there's no way I could handle spicy in morning!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I might make up a pot of chilli, lime, coriander chicken and have a few mouthfuls each morning.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Or carrot and chilli smoothies? Hmm... I might have to look into this.  If I can prepare a few things in advance on the weekend for the week it would make things easier.
  • All you bastards with "Oh I just did X thing and the weight FELL OFF" go away.

Exercise is my key. If I work out I'm golden, when I stop I pile the pounds back on. Too bad I'm such a lazy sod.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Same here Outlaw, hence the need to start again tomorrow. Good thing is I know it drops off when I work out properly.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    End of last year I was the heaviest i've been, 10 stone 4 and now i'm down to 8 stone 9. For health reasons I can't go to the gym and go crazy so although it's been slow compared to other people, what's worked for me has been cutting out cheese and having small amounts of lower fat alternatives, white pasta and white rice have been replaced with brown (I was already eating wholemeal bread), milk has been replaced with unsweetened almond milk and things that i'd be grabbing to snack on, like peanut butter etc has just been replaced with a lower calorie/less sugar/sat fats alternative. 

I definitely don't feel like i've been denying myself anything, I just try to be a bit more aware of the amount of calories going in my body, using the MyFitnessPal app really helped with this and made me aware of where all the big hits of calories were coming from and what I could safely eat more of. If for instance I order chinese, I just won't have the fried rice and i'll cook some brown rice at home with it instead. 

Exercisewise, I just do a bit of cardio and body strength stuff here and there during the week.
  • Just downloaded myfitnesspal.
    Seems like a great tool. Really highlights how much those two pints of dr pepper cost me today!

Im sure it isn't the be all and end all but certainly seems like a good aid.

Cheers Musechick
  • My Fitness Pal is aces. It helped me understand for the first time the calorific content of food, so I can make educated choices on the food I'm eating. Although the app gets worse every time they update it.
  • Just do the Dukan diet, I do it after I put on weight, I lost like 2 stone in a week.
  • I did that exercise to about 80% of you maximum heart rate thing a couple of years ago. It worked really well. The weight doesn't fall off but at the same time the exercise itself wasn't so strenuous that you couldn't be arsed going to the gym so I was more inclined to do it and stick at it.
    I estimated I lost nearly 3 stone after guesstimating for added muscle mass.

One thing that has happened as I have got older is my muscle mass and the power muscle in particular has skyrocketed. 
    I used to be a very skinny 9 stone 8lbs until I was a bout thirty something. I used to go the gym and lift quite heavy weights (for my build) and while I got a bit of definition I never put bulk muscle on.
    Over the past 4 years I can basically do 30 press ups a week and balloon up.

I read an article in New Scientist last year and it went along the lines of - as you get older you generally lose muscle mass but for a certain small percentage of people they will actually switch muscle types. So stamina muscle type people might switch to bulk muscle types as they get older. Just one of those odd genetic quirk type of things.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm 6' 4" and weigh 13 stones. I just need to convert some of the weight into muscle otherwise, eventually, I will look like a snake that has swallowed a football.
  • I tried that fitness pal app a while back, but I found I kept eating things that weren't in it, so gave up.
  • How does it work?
    I assume it is a user generated database.
    You can always manually enter data or pick the bext nearest thing like a different brand etc.
  • Dunno. I couldn't think of a different brand for take away salads and entering all the ingredients was way too much effort.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Just do the Dukan diet, I do it after I put on weight, I lost like 2 stone in a week.

Just looked that up. Do you have to pay to get the diet, or just for coaching etc.?
  • We're a forum of giants going on some of these posts. Someone do a chart.
  • I wouldn't pay, just google it and follow the rules.
  • See I am terrible with rules. I can set myself informed goals and boundaries. The second anyone tells me what to do I want to gouge their eyes and then eat a multipack of crisps getting all salty crumbs in their eye sockets
  • I did have some bad side effects though including bad breath, insomnia, headaches and depression BUT two stone!
  • monkey wrote:
    We're a forum of giants going on some of these posts. Someone do a chart.

I will bring the average right down!
  • You one of these five foot two people or something?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • If I stand on my tip toes yes.
  • I knew ladies in this place were in short supply but for goodness sake..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I knew ladies in this place were in short supply but for goodness sake..

Badum tish.
  • have a look in the Paleo thread guys for some solid tips, even though the OP hasn't been updated annoyingly!
    Strangely on topic though, I came back from Tunisia a few weeks ago from an all inclusive in which I was hitting about 80% max at the tables, ie I could still walk to the beach after meals! i commented on it to She-Hulk that I thought I had been pretty well behaved and she just looked at me in disbelief saying 'you have 7 cakes with every meal, what are you on about!' oops! only put on about 2kg anyhow which is mostly gone now.
  • I've been going to the gym for a couple of months now. Also trying to reduce my fatty foods intake which is working a bit but will never be gone completely as I like it too much.
    I've actually put on about 4-5kg since starting but I'm assuming that's muscle mass.
    I feel like age is starting to catch up to me as I feel like my body is actually reacting to the foods I eat whereas I used to be able to eat whatever and stay the same.

I'm just trying to go by the whole "energy in, energy out" thing and balance it the right way to come out on top.
    Simple science fitness is good for info.

I'd just like to get rid of the tyre that's around my mid, the hardest part from what I hear, as it's almost summer. An actual beach body would be a novelty.

I'm currently 86kg and about 5'11"

Skerret would have some words about fasting and avoiding breakfast. Doing that is just a way to reduce the calorie intake by one meal from what I understand. I kind of do it just because I sleep in pretty much every day so breakfast is at lunch time...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!