Anime and Manga
  • I mean just look at this shit. Beautiful.

SoggyMedicalHorsemouse-size_restricted.gif

The way he jumps, misses and throws his weight before pivoting back - that fixed camera angle - just such an incredible flex from the animators
  • Because I sit in front of what feels like a tidal wave of media constantly crashing over me these days and I just feel like there's so much MUST SEE content I'm left sitting there paralysed and so I just run away and hide on YouTube or twitch watching little chunks of things on youtube like a guy eating MREs, or a someone playing a game I like, or someone who likes trainers, or someone who makes insightful videos about current online goings on.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Just listen to me, your dad.
  • Cowboy Bebop was on netflix. I enjoyed that.

I can't be doing with the subtitles though and netflix is good for stuff with english voices.

I did watch some stuff on Crunchyroll but .. life to short for that too.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Looks nothing like baki or kengan.

Just saw the trailer. No it isnt. But its a fighting anime on netflix so i will give it a go. Have very little time to watch tv with a baby and everything else going on. So there are particular subgenres of anime i prefer. Fighting anime is up there.
  • Pearls before swine!
  • Bob wrote:
    Cowboy Bebop was on netflix. I enjoyed that.

I can't be doing with the subtitles though and netflix is good for stuff with english voices.

I did watch some stuff on Crunchyroll but .. life to short for that too.

I switched between subtitles and dub for kengan ashura as netflix allows you to do that. I prefered the original japanese with subs for some reason.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I mean just look at this shit. Beautiful.

SoggyMedicalHorsemouse-size_restricted.gif

The way he jumps, misses and throws his weight before pivoting back - that fixed camera angle - just such an incredible flex from the animators

If that was on netflix i would watch
  • It is on Netflix! I just said it was on the last page! That was the whole point of that post!
  • Right so Trigun is on!

Netflix only anime Recommendations please.

although I will have to finish Asterix Wars.
  • FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD

• Are there any good anime on Netflix please
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tempy wrote:
    There's only a handful of good anime on Netflix.

Anyone watching stuff on there and not watching One Punch Man or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is just shooting in themselves in the foot. See my earlier impassioned post about FMA:B. After rewatching it again, it's still basically peerless, with some of the best animation in the biz. Bones outdid themselves, the alchemy fights in it are some of the best fights committed to animation, and the final few episodes have some best of the medium sequences.

Other than them you've got Steins;Gate which is interesting time travel based SciFi and Haikyuu which is the current sports manga power player - a bunch of cool lads play volleyball! It's very exciting.

• Trigun
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Are there any good anime on Netflix please

I’m gonna bop everyone’s fucking head
  • Cowboy Bebop did you say?
  • Is that on Netflix?
  • Tempy wrote:
    It is on Netflix! I just said it was on the last page! That was the whole point of that post!

Must of missed that. Have a baby to contend with. Will re-read your post.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Is that on Netflix?

It was but it's not any more.

I enjoyed Canon Busters fwiw
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    It is on Netflix! I just said it was on the last page! That was the whole point of that post!

Must of missed that. Have a baby to contend with. Will re-read your post.

You have my blessings baby daddy
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill on UK Netflix? Gurren Lagann is a must watch, I need to rewatch Kill La Kill to remember my opinion.

Will probably start FMA:B again, I know I've seen it but think I saw it right after the original. Can't remember exactly so why not rewatch, I know what I saw was very good and I still hate it when people dare to post that screenshot as a meme.
  • It is very good Nina! How are you getting on with HxH or did that fall by the wayside?

There is no Gurren Lagaan in Netflix sadly
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    HxH is on hold sadly. I need to bother B again to get a Disney+ and Hulu subscription, but I can't deal with his whole speech about why subscriptions suck that will probably follow. Maybe once the Star wars thing is done on Disney and we finish Mindhunter it might seem an option for him to add the Disney / Hulu combo.
  • MAGICAL SHOPPING ARCADE ABENOBASHI

I’m not sure what’s going on.

Gurren Lagaan used to be on Netflix, shame it’s gone now. How can we possible pierce the heavens?!

I finally started buying the FMA manga recently and my friend (another big fan) is annoyed because they’re the new hardbacks and they look so sharp and she has all the old tired rubbish not pretty paperbacks. Like what’s the point.
  • Yeah the fullmetal versions are beautiful, gonna collect them in 2020, though I doubt we’ll see them all before the year is out
  • So Trigun doesn’t appear to be on Uk Netflix at the moment as far as I can see
  • Nina wrote:
    No Gurren Lagann or Kill La Kill on UK Netflix? Gurren Lagann is a must watch, I need to rewatch Kill La Kill to remember

No and no sadly
  • Turns out I already watched episode one of full
    Metal alchemist and didn’t rate it
  • Bob wrote:
    Turns out I already watched episode one of full
    Metal alchemist and didn’t rate it

Which one though? There are two: FMA (original series) and FMA brotherhood (reboot closer to original books).

I mean the fact you watched either of them and didn’t rate it means you probably won’t like brotherhood regardless, I guess.
  • I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!