Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    dear o dear.

I am, in fact, quite drunk......

Was quizmaster today at ours.....at lot of drink has been consumed in the interim.

I am now on a quest for a conveyence home whilst dodging our mad interns,

Merry Christmas etc.

Post here during your party (if you can - this is a herculean effort)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good on you Davy, glad someone's doing Black Eye Friday properly.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I started drinking at 2.30.

Had to leave the pub as it was a sausage and red tie fest.

Have eaten.

Going to go to a quieter pub.

All my fam are working in the service ind. and so I expect to end up locked in a bar till the wee hours and then walking out of a 'place' a few miles from home about ten am.

Feel guilty in advance for quitting liverpool, again, when I can and leaving everyone I love.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I'm going to miss our works do because I already had plans. S'ok, it'll be shit anyway.
  • I'm not sure I can be arsed with ours.  I missed the Officers' Mess Christmas ball because I couldn't be bothered sorting out a kilt before it, and didn't know enough people to make it worthwhile.  One of the Squadrons I work on had a Christmas do but I was already off on leave for that.  My Squadron had a piss-up in the crew room, but I was working.  The had a pub day for my Flight, but I was off on leave.  We have a formal Christmas Lunch in January (is it late or early?) but it's the weekend after I get back from America so I doubt I could be bothered....

Boy, we have a lot of Christmas parties though.
  • We get just one and I think we only get like £5 or £10 of Wetherspoons vouchers anyway. Classy.
  • Just got back from ours. Starved meself all day and walked into a champagne reception at the Queens Hotel, Leeds. Virtually horizontal after two glasses of bubbly, enter three courses of good grub and I spent the next three hours trying to get legless with limited results.

Multiple Jagerbombs, Disaronno and Cokes, Peronis, vin rouges, Baileys and Glenfiddichs later, still merry but not legless. I blame my sensible angel on the shoulder that demanded I down the occasional glass of water. Thank Christ it was a free bar, now settling down with some cold pizza and Tim Vine.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Sitting on the sofa, checking the forum and preparing myself to walk to the station three minutes after throwing up. Second round of work Christmas drinks last night, and I just made the schoolboy error of using my toothbrush to clean Guinness fur from the back of my tongue.
  • Good drinking at ours to start, a rather tame Secret Santa, and then an okay curry.

And then an hour's drive home.
  • I already had plans to watch It's A Wonderful Life at The Cornerhouse followed by too much food at Gorilla, so I couldn't make our works do tonight. I suspect my night was better anyway.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ours started at 1:30 yesterday. Management provided Irish stew, soup, various breads and a member of staff with the right skills provided cakes etc. Management also provided a hearty supply of wine and beer along with crisps etc.

We set up a beefy AV system (our estate includes a couple of concert venues) with a pile of playlists. I did a quiz which also involved darts and WiiFit ski-jumping challenges between rounds to keep it varied.

A lot of people complimented the management supplied drink with their own - quite a few stay on into the evening - when I OP'd here , there weren't many left. It wound up a bit early this year but in previous years it has gone on a bit too late so it's no bad thing.

I called in this morning and the canteen looked pretty ropey - did a bit of tidyup so not to abuse the goodwill of the cleaning staff.

There were a few reveals as to some relationships that have secretly sprung up during the year so it was all good fun.....

Given that I had a good share of red wine, Black Bush and Glenmorangie I really should feel worse than I deserve today - but I won't complain. Will be fun on Monday doing the post mortem.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Started this thread 10 years ago. Heh.

Ours is today. First post lockdown effort. Bus/train strike tomorrow and lots of people will stop middle of next week so today's the day. Numbers are down but there will be around 40 I'm led to believe.

Drink and food arriving at 1.

Music, Projected Versus Tetris, Klask and table top curling for entertainment.
  • Mine is this evening, just a meal out this year.
    Bloody Mary prawn cocktail.

Beef shin with maple carrots and fondant potato.

Cheery and orange spiced sponge with Christmas pudding ice cream.

Can't wait!
  • We had a tray of cold sausage rolls handed into us by Occupation Health yesterday *thumbs up*
  • Nice.  My office is full of people I've never seen before, all sporting boxfresh drip, aromatic necks and (presumably) shaved pubes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Marvellous.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ours is tomorrow but I don’t think I’m going to go. A bunch of people got Covid last Friday and I think they’re all going to turn out to be ‘coincidentally’ better in time for the meal. I’ll have to cancel all my Christmas plans if I get Covid at this point as my Grandad’s been on death’s door with lung issues a lot of the year (he’s actually made a really good recovery to an OK state of health but obviously we need to keep him that way!)
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Seems like a wise move. Id take family Christmas plans over work do.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You only have to isolate for 4 or 5 days now. But not sure why that is the case.

Better to be safe.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They stopped doing ours. Instead we get a two hour paid for team lunch during work hours. Went to Gusto this year, was banging.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They seem to have all caught it from someone who got Covid after travelling, isolated for about a week and clearly thought they were fully recovered before coming back in, which is part of what worries me.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The best Xmas parties are had in the service industry. Staff that serve people all Xmas go magnificently batshit at the Xmas do, which is always held in January because restaurants can't do it when everyone else is celebrating. The amount of drugs is spectacular, plus you're visiting places and staff who work in the same industry you do. Everyone knows everyone else and the results are crazy. Good times those.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I once saw a colleague snort 2 grams of coke in one line. The manager of the nightclub said she could have it for free if she did it in one go, which she did.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m in the hotel deciding where and how I can get food. Really good night at our new offices. Because it was just us and not at a venue we just stayed there singing karaoke in one of our studios. Pretty sure my voice has gone after all the terrible singing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    feeling rough.
  • My other half had her work do yesterday. Was a daytime one, kicking off around 1, so she swore she'd be back earlier than a usual work day. Cue her stumbling in at half 10 demanding I air fry some hash browns before falling asleep on the sofa. Always on the cards tbf.
  • Missed last week's Xmas party as painter was late to arrive and late to leave. Arranged to meet an ex colleague for a Xmas lunch today. Cancelled it as painter is a no show today so I'm WFH.

I wonder does he do piano lessons?
  • We had our work Xmas dinner and party last week.  I left after the food, once they got the music and dancing going.  Fuck that shit.  Already hearing stories of how people made fools of themselves.

Had team Xmas lunch on Wednesday.  I left after lunch and during some drinking, rest carried on to some pubs and bars or something.  Manager and team member came in next day hung over.  One of them just stared at me in pain when I was explaning some data and calculations work.  He barely could understand what average/mean value meant.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Had my do last night, was enjoyable. I left at about 11 as the drunkenness started to kick on with everyone else.

Bosses announced early on that we could have today off which really is the way to do it. Not a lot of point in encouraging/paying for everyone to get drunk then expecting them to function at work the next day.
  • Ours was last night. Overnight trip to a lodge near Loch Lomond. Meal. Drinks. The usual.

I didn’t go because I’ve got too much work on for a fucking stupid deadline our MD agreed to. Spent all of yesterday and today in the office on my own getting shit done.

Spoiler:
  • Spoke to painter, he sounds awful - definitely ill.

Forgot to ask about piano.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!