Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I hate you people for making me do this, but it's not Demons, Demon or Demons', it's Demon's Souls.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oh yeah, page turn of kings that one. Pedantry FTW.
  • Drives me mad too Paul, don't worry.
  • I hate you people for making me do this, but it's not Demons, Demon or Demons', it's Demon's Souls.
    I would've assumed Demons' without looking. Doesn't seem to make sense if it's one demon (unless it's someone called Demon).
  • Oops, I always thought it was Demon.
    Rolls off the tongue better and suggests plural.
    One Demon Soul.
    Several Demon Souls.
  • I know what it's called, juts don't care to be so precise. I leave iPhone to correct what it pleases.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • JonB wrote:
    I hate you people for making me do this, but it's not Demons, Demon or Demons', it's Demon's Souls.
    I would've assumed Demons' without looking. Doesn't seem to make sense if it's one demon (unless it's someone called Demon).

Paul is right but I agree with you - it should be Demons'.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Gradius Rebirth maybe.  You enjoyed Darius 2 the other day so perhaps you're in the mood for a scrolling shoot em up.
    davyK wrote:
    Gradius Rebirth in nice and quite short. But I'd say only Gradius/shooty fans will appreciate it.

Done.

Another great little throwback in the criminally underrated Rebirth series.

The worst of the three only because of the strange exclusion of a co-op mode. Would be on par with the Contra one if it was included. Caslevania is obviously the best :-)
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Lost Winds 2 next mayber, assuming you're still waiting for your nephew to finish Captain Toad with you.  If not, Captain Toad.
  • Captain Toad is still being played, slowly by surely, we'll get there.

Not feeling Lost Winds 2 atm, might finish Punch-Out!! next.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I keep trying to enjoy super smash bros wii u, xcom enemy unknown, stalker: shadow of chernobyl and empire total war. i keep failing. that's it for me really. i don't buy many games and if i do i play them. i have a huge list of games i want to buy and play at some point.
  • That's good mate.

I always brought more than I played in my adult/disposable income days. It was at its worst in the 6th Gen, to the extent it backfired and I didn't end up enjoy much at all from that generation.

After a lot of years of culling and catching up I'm finally at a manageable level.

I forced myself to do it before really getting into the PS4 and it's worked a treat. I'm currently playing DOOM on that and will pick up (one at a time) The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4 and Mafia III.

Now the great thing is I picked up DOOM for £15 and by the time I finish it the three games above will be a similar price. Rinse and repeat.

Games drop in price so quickly these days I don't see the point in paying full price for the most part*, it makes more sense to be 3-6 months behind.

Back when I was at my worst I'd have had all three of those games plus more on the shelf with receipts inside for £40 a pop, waste of money.

* I still have a few day ones I can't resist.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Captain Toad is still being played, slowly by surely, we'll get there. Not feeling Lost Winds 2 atm, might finish Punch-Out!! next.

If youre going through WiiWare titles, may I suggest ExciteBike World Rally, Swords and Soldiers and Moto Heroz?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Now the great thing is I picked up DOOM for £15 and by the time I finish it the three games above will be a similar price. Rinse and repeat.

That's the beauty of it. Don't worry though i wasted a lot more of my disposable income on 'audiophile hi-fi' bullshit now there is a con waste of money if ever there was one.
  • Vela wrote:
    Captain Toad is still being played, slowly by surely, we'll get there. Not feeling Lost Winds 2 atm, might finish Punch-Out!! next.

If youre going through WiiWare titles, may I suggest ExciteBike World Rally, Swords and Soldiers and Moto Heroz?

Did Excitebike WR a few pages back, was a lot better than I initially gave it credit for. Don't own the other two although I've played Moto Heroes with Moot.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Swords and soldiers got a wii u port and often goes for very little. I prefer it over the sequel.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I think I've seen the original for less than a quid a few times.  I've always fancied it for two player.  Is is any good solo?
  • I only played it nofriendo and had a great time with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Decided to get back to Paper Mario color splash. It's a lovely game. But maaaaannnn that battle system.
  • Punch-Out!! done.

Turns out I was on the last fight, kinda.

I was on the last title defence, against Mr Sandman. So bloody hard, took me about 2 hours and tons of defeats before winning.

After that you go on what's called 'Mac's last stand', which basically is an endless career mode which ends after 3 defeats which Mac has set as his retirement, upon which you get the real ending. Very cool!

In this mode you face Donkey Kong as a nice bonus.

I didn't last long against him, as the save files for the game kindly reminded me the last time I played was November 2009 (adult life really is flying by) so I was extremely rusty.

In the last stand I only won an additional 2 bouts before I lost three, thankfully DK becomes unlocked for exhibition fights. I fought him after losing about 20 times before toppling the big Ape.

Absolutely incredible game, by far the best Punch-Out although I'm a sucker for originals being the best, so that NES game will always be on a pedestal.

A personal 10/10 and easily one of the best Wii games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Did you play with buttons or motion controls?  I enjoyed it with the latter, but knew they would only take me so far so I stopped playing after winning the title (I think).  Definitely one of my favourite Nintendo franchises, each of the three main entries would be in my top 5 for their host system.
  • Exactly the same as you mate, gave up on the motion after a few fights.

It worked well enough but standard controls are better.

Would love to try it with the balance board though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I really liked the SNES one, but for some reason when it came to the Wii one I just couldn't be arsed. It all seemed well made and everything, but I just didn't feel like putting the effort in.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Loved NES version. Liked the SNES version. Loved the Wii version.

I haven't completed title defence yet. Have only played it with motion controls up until now. I've briefly tried the balance board option. It is fucking knackering.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Haha, I bet it is!

Agree with you completely though, SNES version was cool but a pale shadow of the other two.

edit: quite rare for SNES to have worst anything, amazing console but I was disappointed with SPO even back then.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I liked it. It just wasn't as good as the NES version. The Wii version feels like an update to the original, leaving the SNES game as an offshoot of the series. The SNES version is more like a port of the arcade game.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I didn't play Super until a couple of years ago in the retro thread and thought it was fantastic.  Wade Hixton's Counterpunch was the first Punch-Out type I played, so I was quite late.
  • The SNES version, while good, has very few random elements, so most fights can be played to a set pattern.
  • Due to backwards compatibility the 360 will be going into the loft and the PS3 will be coming back down. This means I can finish Deadly Premonition.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!