Bastion

PS3

Uncharted 3
    TLoU
    GTAV
    XCOM
    Far Cry 3
    Dragons Dogma

Will also more than likely get Okami HD, Ico and SoTC as never played those last last gen.
  • Wii
    Last Story
    Pandoras Tower
    Xenoblade
    Little Kings Story
    Muramasa
    No More Heroes
    Fragile Dreams
    Super Paper Mario
    Zack And Wiki
    Beat the Beat
    Punch Out
    Lost Winds
    Lost Winds 2
    Nyx

DS
    Lunar Knights
    Bangai O
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
    Ghost Trick
    Gyakuten Saiban 3
    Dragon Quest IX
    Dragon Quest IV
    Dragon Quest V
    Dragon Quest VI
    Mario and Luigi
    Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
    The World Ends With You
    Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
    Contact
    Henry Hatsworth
    Pokemon Conquest
    Metroid Prime Hunters

PSP
    Patapon
    LocoRoco
    Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins
    FF Tactics War of the Lions
    Outrun 2006
    Every Extend Extra
    MGS Portable Ops
    Jeanne D'Arc
    Crisis Core FF7
    Dissidia Final Fantasy
    Tactics Ogre

I think that's it
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've not counted the likes of MGS HD and Okami HD etc as I have played them before and they are earlier than last gen.
  • My count is at around 112. I may have missed a few. Am I winning?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If we're talking games we own yet haven't even started yet I reckon I'd win.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    My count is at around 112. I may have missed a few. Am I winning?

Yep and the winner gets another last gen game to play :-)

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Do you really not think about how much time it takes to play these games before you buy them? It seems like you're just addicted to buying new shit and you never bought them to actually play in the first place. You might as well get rid of them all.
  • That reminds me, I haven't actually finished RE4 on Wii, or Skyward Sword.

I own A Boy And His Blob and Zak and Wiki but I'm yet to start either of them.
  • By my calculations it will take Elf 68 days of continuous play to complete/get his money's worth out of that lot.
  • Game buying is a funny thing. The fucking things depreciate like cars unless they are special editions and even then you can't guarantee you'll make money from them.
    And most collectors I know won't ever all their collection and some even not play it for fear of wrecking the value by using any codes with it.
    Better holding off a month if you need a game so much. Especially if you aren't going to play straight away. Elf had already said he's a regular purchaser of special editions. Does that all make him a gamer?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Oh boy I'm gonna list so hard when I get home. So so hard.
  • JonB wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Do you really not think about how much time it takes to play these games before you buy them? It seems like you're just addicted to buying new shit and you never bought them to actually play in the first place. You might as well get rid of them all.

That thought crossed my mind last night. And yes, you're right, I'm kinda addicted to buying games that I think will be good and I'll enjoy. And don't generally think about whether I'll get time to play them. All that has to change. Probably play around 5 games a year now or something!
  • I used to DJ and would buy shitloads of records - too many really. Came a point where the level of "I can't afford this" reached "no, shit, I REALLY can't afford this", and I resolved to only buy records that I absolutely had to have. After a few months of this, looking at the pile of records on the floor turned from "hmm... what should I take to play out, cos there's some dross in that" to "omg that pile is gold, I need to take all of it".

Less is more or somesuch IMHO.

Then again, I still have a pile o' shame - it's just considerably smaller than the ones being listed here ;-)
  • Maybe you guys can help me cull my pile and mention the absolute must plays. Cos I really do wanna play all of them.

Actually shouldn't be that hard. A very very quick look at my DS list, and I reckon I'll keep only the Dragon Quests and Mario and Luigi and maybe Workd Ends With You out of that. On the PSP list, just UG'nG and FFTactics and Tactics Ogre

It's the mammoth 360 list that will he hard to really cut down.
  • FWIW - I've found that GBA and DS games (possibly Nintendo games in general) hold quite good resale value (compared to other platforms). Not sure if it's cos they are often hard to source cos people keep hold of them or they printed less of them in the first place - but it can be quite interesting to search ebay for the "buy it now" prices of games that sold, so you get an idea of what they're worth to others/collectors. I find putting a £££ value on the games I'm currently not playing a quite effective motivator to get them up on ebay - that way I can flog them for cash money to spend on more stuff to fill up my house with!  :-)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

That thought crossed my mind last night. And yes, you're right, I'm kinda addicted to buying games that I think will be good and I'll enjoy. And don't generally think about whether I'll get time to play them. All that has to change. Probably play around 5 games a year now or something!

Well, the good news is that you don't have to buy another new game for a little over 22 years.
  • The cull is imminent. Whatc out for stuff going in the FtAGH thread. Or I might pay CEX a visit.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Maybe you guys can help me cull my pile and mention the absolute must plays. Cos I really do wanna play all of them.
    Hmm.. if only there was some sort of Games of the Generation thread to give you an indication...

I think you're right about the DS stuff though, although DQIX could take a couple of hundred hours alone if you wanted it to. For the Wii stuff, I'd say Little King's Story and No More Heroes stand out, and shouldn't take too long compared to other stuff. There's quite a lot I wouldn't bother with there.
  • Haha! No knew you'd say that! GOTG should be helpful, yes. 

I'm already thinking of getting rid of lots of 360 stuff. Cash this time, not exchange for more games! Reality did hit me earlier, not least last night when the wife and I were talking about how the kids take up all of our time, and your post was therefore well timed. 

I need to stick to absolute must plays. Really do.
  • In fact, I'ma use the Placeholder post in GOTG thread to cull my list. I'll put up what I think I'm getting rid of. People can help me decide if I should keep or not. It's like a game!!!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It is, and I'm producing a collector's edition of it with an art book and some plastic tat that you can buy off me for just £100. Get your preorder in quick, the numbers are extremely limited.
  • That reminds me, I think there's a limited run of some book I was after....
  • The main games from your list that should survive the culling, imo

Portal 2
    Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed
    Mass Effect 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Arkham City
    Sine Mora
    Super Meat Boy
    Stacking
    Trials (pick one: you won't have time for both if it clicks)
    Zack & Wiki
    Punch Out

First game you should cull: GTAIV.  Especially considering you reckon V is ruining the GOTY thread, you nutter.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    With Trials, don't pick one, pick Evolution. It's better in every way.
  • I think the absolute top top tracks in HD are better than anything in Evolution, but that is sound advice.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yup, Classic is still the best track in either game.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Heh, the fun we had with that :D
  • I played Let's Get Physical for about 20 hours, and I never had ANY fun on that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I hated that, as I do all physics based tracks. Too many random elements.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!