Pile O' Shame
  • DS
    Yoshi’s Island DS – with the new one coming out I might give up on ever going back to this.
    Metroid Prime Hunters – done the first level(?), seemed good but never went back.
    Contra 4 – not for the want of trying, so hard!
    3D Space Tank – got it off the back of being made by Dylan Cuthbert, didn’t enjoy and will never go back to but can’t sell because its BLOODY DIGITAL!
    Dark Void Zero – spontaneous purchase, utter crap, again can’t sell.
    Mighty Flip Champs – superb game but tough. Still play very randomly and do a level or two.
    PiCOPiCT – can you complete this? Nice little game.

Wii
    Metroid Prime 2 – done 1 & 3 but heard this is the worst one?
    Punch Out – still have about 5 title defences to do.
    Boom Blox – played for a couple of hours, would love to finish at some point.
    Resident Evil Zero – had it on GCN and played for about an hour, seemed decent. Sold GCN and got it on the Wii intending to play but still haven’t.
    RE remake – as above.
    Bit.Trip Beat - can you complete this? Nice little game.
    Excitebike – bought out of nostalgia, so-so but overall disappointing. Might go back.
    Gradius Rebirth – Love CV/Contra rebirth, this was the weakest of the 3 and no co-op!!! Probably won’t get round to it.
    Lost Winds 2 – Loved the first, literally never booted this up.
    World of Goo – meh! Doubt I’ll ever play it again.

PS3 (excluding PS+ stuff)
    The Shoot – decent on rails (ala Virtua Cop) shooter, will definitely go back to as I love the genre.
    God of War Ascension – currently playing.
    Metal Gear Peace Walker – currently playing.
    The Last of Us – yet to start, will definitely do unless I don’t like it in which case I’ll sell it because it’s not digital – woohoo! Physical copies FTW.
    Bionic Commando Rearmed – utter shite imo, would love to sell it if I could.
    Calling All Cars – barely touched, an early PSN impulse buy.
    Echochrome – as above.
    Jak & Daxter – heard it was amazing, I don’t agree. Maybe it hasn’t aged well? Will try again.
    Jak 2 – got the trilogy but only really wanted to play the first, if I liked it I would possibly do the sequels.
    Jak 3 – as above
    Sonic CD – will play with moot at some point
    Sly 2 – got in the trilogy like Jak, I did the first. Might play one day.
    Sly 3 – As above.
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 – yet to play, will definitely do in co-op with a friend when we get time.

N64 - including this as its one of my favourite consoles ever and I’ve completed everything I have for it apart from:
    Zelda Majoras Mask
    Excitebike 64
    Doom 64

The reason I never done these isn’t because they’re not great but that by then I had got a Dreamcast and not long after a PS2. I’m not a graphics whore but PSone/Sat and N64 haven’t aged well and as soon as I played Dreamcast going back was impossible without having the nostalgia factor. It’s a shame as I think I’d have loved all three.

About 6 years ago my list looked like Elfs on steroids. Working at EB/GAME for 4 years I amassed a huge collection of games. For example; because I enjoyed the 20 hours of FFVII that I played I got every single one released for the PSone, even the old ones re-released, at one stage I was buying games just because they looked good, even if I didn’t like the genre.

I didn’t stop there though, in the early 2000’s when eBay kicked in I was buying Mega CDs, 3DOs – literally anything and everything I wanted to play as a kid I was buying. I was like a 10 year old with the new copy of Mean Machines but with tons of disposable cash!

Since then I’ve learned that there will never be enough time to play everything, I won’t have the space for everything and there’s more important things to spend money on. I’ve since sold probably seven tenths of my collection and feel liberated for doing so.

Also seeing the Angry Video Game Nerds collection made me realise as nice as mine was it would never be the best. I’ll collect vicariously through him.

The time it took me to do this list could have been spent on one of these games. Oh well!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • sorry DP
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • sorry TP
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Prime 2 is class, peeps just moan because it's 'hard' and there's backtracking in it, as with every Metroid.
  • I liked Prime 2. Not Prime 3 so much, although control scheme on Wii worked wonderfully. Would love to play original Prime on Wii, but alas as can be seen, I have far too many I played games to warrant repaying old ones, even if it is one of the best games ever.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah the Wii controls were excellent. The reason I never played them on GameCube was because of the controls, was to use to dual analog by then.

Mmm, might have to put Prime 2 higher up on my list of priorities seeing as you two think its decent.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I had to give up on 3 as I hate the controls. I've played through 2 four times, the light/dark is a great mechanic ala lttp etc.
  • Umm..... not including downloaded games. These are unplayed, or hardly tried....

Mega-CD

Nighttrap
    Batman Returns

Wii

de Blob
    Madworld
    Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics
    No More Heroes
    Samba de Amigo
    Sin And Punishment 2
    Sonic Colours
    Virtua Tennis 4
    Let's Tap
    Wii Sports Resort
    Skyward Sword

3DS

Ocarina of Time
    Pokemon Y

Dreamcast

Aerowings
    Hidden & Dangerous
    Pod 2
    Starlancer
    Super Magnetic Neo
    Sydney 2000
    Tokyo Highway Challenge
    Toy Commander
    Unreal Tournament
    Wetrix
    Wind And Water
    Pink Bullet Last Hope
    Sturmwind
    Samba de Amigo 2000
    Cool Cool Toon
    L. O. L.
    Densha de Go 2
    Sonic Shuffle

Saturn

Dragon Force
    Shining Force III
    Soviet Strike
    Story of Thor 2
    Wing Arms
    Kaitei Daisensou
    Detana Twinbee Yahho
    Puyo Pop 2
    Gussun Oyoyo•S

DS

Advance Wars: Dark Conflict
    Infinite Space
    Elite Beat Agents
    Sonic Chronicles

Mega Drive

Batman
    Beggar Prince
    Dark Castle
    Marko's Magic Football
    McDonalds Treasureland Adventure
    Mercs
    Powermonger
    Ristar
    Shadow Dancer
    Spider-Man
    Taz in Escape From Mars
    Urban Strike

Band Hero
    DJ Hero 2
    Dodonpachi Resurrection
    FIFA 11
    FIFA 12
    Kinect Sports
    Rock Band 3
    Rockstar Table Tennis
    Tiger Woods '09

Game Cube

Wave Race

PS2

Shadow of The Colossus
    Yakuza 2
    Okami
    Killer 7

Xbox

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

N64

Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Donkey Kong 64
    Jet Force Jemini
    Majora's Mask

PS3

Little Big Planet 2
    SoTC HD
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Ni No Kuni

Shit!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Super Magnetic Neo, Story of Thor 2 and Dark Castle should all be played ASAP.
  • Dark Castle is supposed to be THE worst Mega Drive game!
  • In the crap games week in the retro game thread, only Sword of Sodan fared worse from the selection of MD games I played.  You have to try it though, it's exceptionally bad.
  • It was 'recommended' to me, by Paul Davis (former CVG editor)
  • I am afraid to count unplayed games from anything past last gen. Very afraid. I mean.

This hoarding must stop.
  • It was 'recommended' to me, by Paul Davis (former CVG editor)

Online?  In a pub?  I think I'd still be reasonably star-struck by the Mean Machines/EMAP crew.  They were my rock stars.  I've told this at least once before, but I was talking to Richard Ledbetter with such incessant enthusiasm on the underground around 15yrs ago that he pretended he was going the wrong way just to give me the slip.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It was 'recommended' to me, by Paul Davis (former CVG editor)

Online?  In a pub?  I think I'd still be reasonably star-struck by the Mean Machines/EMAP crew.  They were my rock stars.  I've told this at least once before, but I was talking to Richard Ledbetter with such incessant enthusiasm on the underground around 15yrs ago that he pretended he was going the wrong way just to give me the slip.

On twitter. He seems a really nice chap, we've chatted a fair few times.
  • He wrote a decent piece in Retrogamer this month about 'lastability' and Julian Rignall's positive review of Flicky.  Early high-five era CVG was very good (right up until the price drop, actually).
  • Play Majora's Mask you mentalist
  • One of the best Zeldas. Melancholic Madness.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    One of the best games.

FTFY
  • Well all Zeldas are the best games so that was a given. Then it's a matter of ordering the Zeldas. 

Let's not start that again though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Majora is the one Zelda I could never get on with. Tried on the 64, emulation and GameCube.
  • Majora is the one Zelda I could never get on with. Tried on the 64, emulation and GameCube.

Same
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The main issue I face (apart from getting a replacement Saturn) is, finding time to play anything.

Young children are bloody demanding of your time.
  • Majora is my favourite Zelda.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Should give Little King's Story some more time now I don't have to play it on my noisy Wii. The classical soundtrack felt like a really nice fit.

Must dig out the DS and give Bangai-O Spirits another go as well. I never got into it on release but ended up loving the 360 version, been meaning to go back since reading this retrospective on eurogamer.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Dark Souls.

That's all.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Dante, that is not a pile o' shame, that is 3 piles o' shame.
    Cripes!
  • Dark Souls. That's all.

Yes but you don't have any consoles and don't play many games. You don't count.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!