PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Play DOS games on your Pi.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Taking a lego mindstorms (NXT) and a Pi from uni for my sequester. (There's the python library for NXT- related to the P(y/i)Bot links I posted a bit ago, 

Dunno what I'll build, or build upon but I've got it to give me a break from the main focus of work while I am away.

I'm still set on making a robot that pesters you when you have a deemed importantant digial communication.

I'm interested in themes such as 'when ubiquitous comms become to laborious to reply to (ignoring obligations)' and so enabling such ignorance in faith that a system (in this case a robot) will hunt you down and be like, "no really THAT chime WAS important". Obviously it'll have some supervised learning to get it started.

Though set, doesn't mean it's what I'll do with the gear. (I'm open to suggestions.)
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This is quite awesome... http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/4693

In other news, Python is aiight', but frustrating to debug if you're a n008.
    I'd blame the language itself, but that's not strictly true.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hail Dave.

What problem you having with py?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's the indentation thing... Indentation I understand, but trailing whitespace (a latent side effect, I'd say) is hard to track, and can obscure the wood with trees... Other problems I've encountered can be attributed to me being dumb...

Real talk.

Have to admire dat library though... 
    It's crazy large.

That Nes MIDI chip map is quite a thing, no?
    That's at least half a grands' worth of electronics hardware there...

And then there's the instruments...

Remarkable.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's quite the beast. It's quality if you want to write a programme quickly but you pay an overhead on performance. Only really noticeable the larger one gets. 

I'm always messing up in functions personal, syntax errors galore.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Not Pi related, but dynamite I love your new avatar.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Not Pi related, but dynamite I love your new avatar.

It's from some random Web Development studio (not so random, if you check my post in the website thread on the other media board).

Slickest looking badger I've seen away from a lucky night... 

And look... Cookies!

8724593737_98d6d42192_z.jpg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm starting to love python.  Did my first bit of python webserver stuff last week.  Was tres easy really.  But yeah, whitespace, meh.  

Trailing whitespace is normally OK though, isn't it?
  • Edit - Forget it. I don't know what I'm on about.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm starting to love python.  Did my first bit of python webserver stuff last week.  Was tres easy really.  But yeah, whitespace, meh.   Trailing whitespace is normally OK though, isn't it?

Untabbed trailing, and leading whitespace was fucking up my shit, but I think I've got the hang of it now... I also think it had something to do with me switching between IDEs.

But yeah... That aside, reading and writing the stuff isn't all that bad.
    Incidentally, you can now also verbalise the fucker...

http://www.i-programmer.info/news/99-professional/6263-code-by-voice-faster-than-keyboard.html

It's a long vid, but skip through it, and you'll get the general idea...
  • Almost bought one of these in rs today, didn't though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
  • Only didn't because I wanted to know if the had the new updated ones or not and they just stared back blankly, deff want one.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Updated?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The 512MB model B is vaguely new isn't it?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I can't imagine any of the old (256) ones being on sale anymore. 

Speaking of which I need to update mine to the 512.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Guys, how can I find out which language a program's coded in? Without source code.

Is it a matter of decompiling the executable in every known language until the slipper fits? Or maybe there's a handy program that can pseudo-run the .exe and reveal its language? But piracy, right? There must be more to it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Interesting question, I kind of work it out myself- on debug view a windows sys internals app sometimes folks build programmes that output to it and I can figure from that. On Linux I inspect processes much the same on Windows as I'll use process Explorer. 

I've never known an easy way to tbh. 

Stackexchange might have a better answer or two.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Obviously, it wouldn't be the done thing to hack commercial software, but I think it's a shame that people can't add features to the likes of GlovePIE.

I'd love to see Xpadder's code.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    GlovePIE, all bells no chime for me right now. Can't even muster a Google.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Did I do some things with wii-motes with it?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Did I do some things with wii-motes with it?

Use 'em on a PC, aye.

joysticks, gamepads, mice, keyboards, MIDI input devices, HMDs, Wiimotes, trackers, and of course, Virtual Reality gloves!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

That's epic. I wonder how well a Pi would cope with being a Minecraft server for a large group of people.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Guys, how can I find out which language a program's coded in? Without source code. Is it a matter of decompiling the executable in every known language until the slipper fits? Or maybe there's a handy program that can pseudo-run the .exe and reveal its language?...

No... Not quite. I mean, it depends on a lot of different things, but if you're on Windows, you could try something like this - http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/ - or a hex editor, to dig into an assembled .exe and start to pick out bits that might make sense to you, but after a certain point, it just becomes a futile exercise.

That said, some programs made with certain tools will often leave some evidence of their composition (i.e. Java VM processes, or Adobe Air processes), but a blackbox is generally a blackbox to me, unless it's fucking up my shit... Then I'd make a concerted effort to examine it (if at all possible).

Disclaimer... I wouldn't recommend using a resource hacker on everything randomly. Sometimes, even merely examining an .exe with one will break it.
  • I bought a pi. I've stuck xbian on it and built the default Lego case, living the dream. Any one know how to get the pi xbmc to read my pc library properly?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No, but your avatar is amazing. :) (Can the Pi read USB harddrives?)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    I bought a pi. I've stuck xbian on it and built the default Lego case, living the dream. Any one know how to get the pi xbmc to read my pc library properly?

Haven't tried it myself, but the key is to install a ntfs driver (assuming your PC is a Wintel box) and mount the drive before you start XMBC. This tutorial suggests adding the process to bash so Debian will mount the drive on startup...

http://kwilson.me.uk/blog/force-your-raspberry-pi-to-mount-an-external-usb-drive-every-time-it-starts-up/

Can't guarantee that it works, because I haven't been there yet (so to speak), so good luck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!