Plants vs Zombies™ Garden Warfare
‹ Previous123456711
  • 2404412-trailer_plantsvzombiesgw_gardensgraveyards_20131217.jpg

I think I'm safe in saying there isn't a thread for this, so in light of the interest garnered for this in the One thread, allow me to dedicate one.

This may or may not get lost in the Titanfall hype but as it is fairly priced and pitched as a lighter alternative to Battlefield, it deserves to shine.

Official Site

Polygon - 8.5
    Destructoid - 8
    CVG - 7
    The Sixth Axis - 8
    Eurogamer - 8

I'll do the honours and list players below, holla if you are picking this up.

Xbox One roll call:
    Webbins
    Moto 70
    Wonderbanana
    Frantic
    Kernowgaz
    Stopharage
    Dongle Unlimited
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm defo buying this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yes yes but is it 1080p 60FPS?
  • Ignore me then !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I might get this.
    360 though. I guess cross platform multi is too much to expect?
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Ignore me then !

My sincerest apologies Kern. If it means anything to you, I just realised your absence five minutes ago mid stirring of brew.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yes yes but is it 1080p 60FPS?

971p and 53.8fps confirmed.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuck that shit. Out.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I thought it was 29.99p?
  • It's 3999p on The One. Next gen yo.
  • Just watched some videos and wow, next-gen has really arrived!!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Says it's sub 30 on shopto for Bone?
  • Don't ruin the joke with accurate pricing.
  • Get it ordered, tha'll have it before I will because Zavvi.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Won't be on till sat anyhoo.
  • Boardgame geek !
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yup. The death of FNXXX drove me to become even more of a geek. I blame Bob.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just read this also has a 4 player horde mode. Awesome.
  • Dunno whether to go digital or from shopto . I suppose if i don't like it i can sell it on if bought from shopto
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Woot!

I can only play on Friday night and possibly Saturday night though.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I can't do fri, but I'm on babysitting duty sat so will be on from 7pm.
  • Just had the dispatch email from Zavvi. Outside chance of getting it Friday, maybe Saturday... next week.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Get on early doors sat night peeps.
  • After watching a couple of vids I'm not sure what the classes are , so found this - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare is officially out, and it's rad. If this is your first foray into the world of PvZ, or perhaps your first experience with online-only third-person shooters, you might need to get yourself a little more familiar with the various classes in Garden Warfare. Mind you, they're not hard to wrap your head around, but each of them does have a distinct playstyle. Both Plants and Zombies have similar classes that parallel one another, but there are some key differences. With that in mind, let's start with the Plants. Peashooter This is your go-to starting class, and acts as the scout. His shots do splash damage. This is ideal when shooting at a bigger horde of enemies or when taking down tomb stones, since splash damage spreads to the spawning enemies around it. His Hyper skill will make him run really fast and jump really high for a short amount of time, letting him cover some ground really quickly. This is handy if the garden you're defending is getting attacked or if you need to run to somebody's aid. Peashooter also has a chili pepper grenade which has a high damaging explosive attack. In Garden Ops, Zombies will be drawn to the pepper, making it a perfect distraction. Peashooter's ultimate skill plants it into the ground and makes his mouth into a gatling gun. This does some really impressive damage, but immobilizes the Peashooter, so make sure you do it in a safe spot. Chomper This is my personal favorite class. It's both the strongest yet most vulnerable class in the game. Chomper doesn't have a ranged weapon, and his most valuable asset is his giant mouth. He can swallow enemies whole, assuming he attacks them from behind. His Dig skill also allows him to consume enemies in a single attack. However, Chomper has the unique advantage of being able to damage shielded enemies directly. Zombies carrying a fence or guarded by a porta-potty can be damaged directly when attacking them from the front. Trust me, this is super helpful, since those enemies take a lot of damage. Chomper's goop is also perfect for disorienting players and sneaking up behind them to get an instant kill. So what's the downside? Once Chomper eats a zombie, he's stuck digesting the enemy in a short animation. Even though it's brief, it lasts long enough to get him killed. Chomper is best used when protected by another player, preferably not another Chomper. Sunflower One of the most overpowered yet weakest classes is Sunflower, the game's healer. Their initial skill will chain heal any players or set up defenses nearby. The second skill deploys a small healing flower that spits out sunshine heals to anyone nearby. Lastly, the third skill has the Sunflower plant itself into the ground, much like the Peashooter, and shoot out a ray of high damaging sunlight. Sunflower's main offensive weapon is a machine gun shot, with a high bullet count, so you'll be able to pump out 50 bullets before having to reload. In Garden Ops, having two or more Sunflowers in a team is pretty much a guaranteed win, since they can all simultaneously heal each other. Cactus The Sniper of the group, Cactus can zoom in and unleash high damaging shots. While not my favorite class, they have the most useful skills outside of Sunflower's heal. Cactus can plant down mines, which when placed down in key locations can take out an enemy in a single blow. Tallnuts can also be placed as barricades. However, Cactus' most useful skill is the Garlic Drone. This remote controlled flying garlic can dish out damage from above with its machine gun and call down Corn Strikes. Not to mention, it's a good scouting device. The downside is that it can die extremely quick, as it has very low health. Now let's take a look at the opposite team, the Zombies. Foot Soldier This is the equivalent to the Peashooter. While he doesn't have a Hyper mode, he does have a Rocket Jump which allows him to gain some quick ground. One of his most useful skills is the poison cloud which not only blinds a certain area, but also damages enemies on contact. The heavy hitting skill is the ZPG or, Zombie Propelled Grenade. Basically if you're looking for a good class to start as with Zombies, Foot Soldier is the perfect candidate. Engineer This butt-crack showing Zombie is, like his name implies, the fixer-upper of the group. He can build turrets and can ride a damaging jackhammer into battle. However, his true usefulness, at least in a good team comp, lies with his Stun Grenades. These will immobilize their target for a short amount of time, leaving them completely open to attack. He also brings a shotgun into the fray, making his shots a little slower than most, but definitely packing a punch. The Engineer is best suited for those that like to play Support. Scientist I can't quite wrap my head around the Scientist, but maybe it's because I'm just not good with him, and he takes quite a lot of skill to play as. He has one of the best escape skills, and can easily warp past enemies. This can really confuse other players, and allows him to warp behind someone and finish them off. He also has sticky grenades, which when combined with Warp, can be truly devastating. Although he's not as good of a healer as the Sunflower, he can also deploy a healing station that slowly heals any zombie that walks near it. It can be destroyed though. All-Star If we'd compare PvZ classes to Team Fortress 2 classes, the All-Star would be The Heavy. Wielding a large and heavy weapon, he's also the slowest of the bunch. That's fine, because he has a lot of health. Not to mention he has the ability to drop down a tackle dummy which can soak up more damage. His tackle skill can also be used one of two ways. It lunges the All-Star forward, doing some really good damage if you can manage to get a hit. However, it can also be used as a defensive move. For example, it's one of the best ways to escape a Chomper before he swoops in for the kill. It's also a good move to quickly get behind cover, you know, since he's so slow
    Moto70 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Woot! I can only play on Friday night and possibly Saturday night though.
  • Fuck all that shit here's the link , copy and paste from a phone is shit !!!!!!!

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2014/02/25/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-class-guide
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Looking forward to this!

What the fucks that word search about above though? :D
  • I think Kerno is selling NFL shirts.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Cracking review.
  • Good review, should be a nice little distraction till Titty and beyond. Hopefully these good reviews will boost sales, it felt like this would get overlooked at launch.
  • Should be picking this up.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
‹ Previous123456711

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!