Now eating/drinking
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I will attest to Dyno’s move to vege-flexi-whatever-tariansim. I will also attest to his willingness to learn from a community that he respects. Admittedly, not as much as he maybe should have done on climate change, but still.

Dyno is a hundred percent genuine in his questioning and, more than that, he’s a badger. He deserves all of the benefits of any doubts you may have.

I've tried, I really have. I just don't buy it. And "being a badger" isn't a free pass on anything.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A friend of mine used to run an organic food shop and always went on about the huge difference in taste with organic vegetables. I never noticed the slightest difference. In fact, I remember his tomatoes being distinctly manky.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So there was a difference after all.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I will attest to Dyno’s move to vege-flexi-whatever-tariansim. I will also attest to his willingness to learn from a community that he respects. Admittedly, not as much as he maybe should have done on climate change, but still. Dyno is a hundred percent genuine in his questioning and, more than that, he’s a badger. He deserves all of the benefits of any doubts you may have.
    I've tried, I really have. I just don't buy it. And "being a badger" isn't a free pass on anything.

Fucking agree on that last bit.

I get the high value you place on your bullshit filter, I really do, but it's broken, and needs re-calibrating.

Honestly, on a slightly more vital topic (say Brexit, for example, or gun control), I'd be a little less angry about your conduct and Dante's.

In this context though, you're baring your arse, and it needs a good fucking kicking.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    You think those "Hi Dr Nick" comments were lost on me, or anyone else?
    They were fucking banal.

When they were ignored the third time, that was when you exploded.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    To go further, and try and get at what I suspect you and Dante are alluding, it actually cuts both ways. If you don't understand the question, just admit that. Or better still, walk on.

If it's too 'lowbrow' for you, fuck off.

It's it's too 'highbrow' for you, fuck off.

It's pretty simple.

But, free speech is free speech. You've shared your opinion (which tbf, is much more than some people do), and now I'm sharing mine.
  • Here's mine:

You all need to calm tf down. Lovely day outside, step out and have a breather. Bloody tofu ffs..

Same applies to Avatar thread.
  • Bloody tofu ffs..  

Could have been worse. Someone could have mentioned Quorn again.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Quorn > tofu.
  • This place is going tofu...ck
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Here's mine: You all need to calm tf down. Lovely day outside, step out and have a breather. Bloody tofu ffs.. Same applies to Avatar thread.

It's the personal attacks that frustrate me. 

And why? Because I wanted to talk about taste, and not science, but some prick got that confused?

I've got a right to be angry this time.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    This place is going tofu...ck

BeautifulDetailedJanenschia-small.gif
  • You think those "Hi Dr Nick" comments were lost on me, or anyone else?
    They were fucking banal.

When they were ignored the third time, that was when you exploded.

The Dr. Nick comment was aimed at the author of the "study", and the only person who is currently exploding, repeatedly, like semtex-powered hiccups, is you.
  • I repeat my sentiment.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    You think those "Hi Dr Nick" comments were lost on me, or anyone else? They were fucking banal. When they were ignored the third time, that was when you exploded.
    The Dr. Nick comment was aimed at the author of the "study", and the only person who is currently exploding, repeatedly, like semtex-powered hiccups, is you.

Yes I know the comment was aimed at the fucking info graphic.
    But I suspect that I actually do have to put that in a column for you.
  • Sentiment > Excrement

The moment our food thread literally turned to shit.
  • I repeat my sentiment.

I'm going home to get an ice cream. The paddling pool is out, apparently.

EDIT: walk away, Dyno. Jesus.
  • My problem is with you dropping in some nonsense from a fringe weirdo with "what do you think of this?" Tell us what you think of it first. Why are you posting at all?

You asked how you should have started and I told you. When asked for a source, rather than just providing the source, you replied with "top result on Google". Great. Top result for what?

If you want a conversation about something then you really need to be clearer about what the conversation you want to have is. Nothing about that infographic is about taste. It's about why you shouldn't eat tofu. Or to put it another way, the science not the taste.

If you think any of this is a personal attack from me, it's not. I'd feel the same way about anyone doing this, however it's something you've repeatedly done, and I've seen multiple times that it's not helpful to the conversation.

Since this thread has gone all over the place since I was last in, I'll just ask this.

What were you actually trying to ask then?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    If you want a conversation about something then you really need to be clearer about what the conversation you want to have is. Nothing about that infographic is about taste.

Fucking tragic.

Taste is not just olfactory.

That is all for this argument from me.
  • You've absolutely lost me there.

I don't know what you think is tragic, nor do I know what you mean by taste is not just olfactory.

If Im missing something completely obvious about how that infographic relates to taste, by all means can someone fill me in as I'm now utterly bewildered.
  • Just ordered salt and chilli tofu, fucking have it
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    But tofu makes you grow big cancerous tits.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Just ordered salt and chilli tofu, fucking have it

0/

H0LnrDCl.jpg

There was some left in the fridge...

Unlikely is a dick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!