Now eating/drinking
  • Lads they sent me the wrong kebab. Sent me the £12 foot and a half long special. Its longer than my missus' forearm. Bask in the glory. zb7IBjb.jpg
    w04jcLN.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I appreciate Liv’e joke, that’s some high quality content
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It was delicious and you will all regret when I delete your accounts at 4am
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why was it red?
  • Could destroy one of those right now.

With my mouth I mean, not weapons.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Why was it red?

Their special sauce which is a mix of hot sauce and a sweet sauce. It's a taste sensation
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It looks like Cthulhu's bumhole. In a good way.
  • Man, IED's are brutal.
  • Went to Berlin this week. No point posting the pictures of the city and monuments, but I will let you all see the food I ate.

Started with Currywurst from Curry61 in Hacheshemarkt, which was near where we were staying. It's delicious! Mayo in Germany is also tasty? I barely fuck with the stuff here, but this had a nice tang to it which made it real pleasant.
    KhFc03c.jpg

First afternoon we got Sandwhiches from a place called Funk You - this was pesto and mozzarella and leaves and tomato and so on, then grilled, but it was really tied together by some amazingly tomato based sauce that was super rich and delicious. Good coffee in Berlin too, I mostly had soy milk the whole time which again, tastes really good over there vs the stuff I get from stores in Glasgow.
    dIjW4mC.jpg

That evening we ate in a place near the hotel - there were a lot of Vietnamese and Korean places where were staying but we went to this trashy looking place called 67 Junkfood. Was like stepping into a Safdie Brothers approximation of a restaurant.

NQbNMcC.jpg
    JgrWwef.jpg

We had chicken wings and gyoza which were as you'd expect, but then had Bao Burgers which were interesting - lots of tasy pickled veg in them, and I had pork and Ev had prawn tempura. It wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it. Also look at the buns!

YaEosPR.jpg

We went to a place for the two remaining days for lunch called Zeit Fur Brot which did good coffee and bread. The little sandwhiches they did were good, this one had about a thumb's thickness of Salami in it and was mega tasty and filling, also the chocolate brioche - yummy. Sorry for the half eaten pic, but I tucked in before I remembered to snap it.

lBZB1AT.jpg
    Ragag71.jpg

In the evening we got the customary Doner Kebap. These things are fucking immense, I wish we could get them in the UK. Fresh and tasty. cheap as hell, super filling. I'd eat one every day if I could. But then i'd get fat and die.

a9Ma7oN.jpg

Also, customary Berliner Pilsner outside the Reichstag 
    ye4olc5.jpg

Finally we went to The Bird, which Gav recommended on twitter. USA themed burger joint that was packed to the gills and we luckily got a table at, near the kitchen. 

The menu had a nice incendiary bit on it that got people on twitter about didactic stuff about food habits angry but just made me laugh because it was funny.

We went for Chicken Strips for a starter and instead we got like... three whole chicken breasts?
    cqByQ4g.jpg

Also a nice half litre of Pilsner and Ev with an Estrella
    8eLkx5P.jpg

I got "Da Bird" which was the house burger - two 125g patties, onions, bacon, american cheese, pickles, and as you can see, a mountain of fries, and Ev had the Big Crack which was basically a Big Mac (no onions or bacon) The bread was indeed English muffins... and that worked out surprisingly well? We went for medium rare as recommended, and it was fucking great. All the juices, all that cheese mixing together... hnnng. Beautiful food. One of the best burgers I've ever had. Would go again.

LcR9Hit.jpg

Prost!

Ql4vKtL.jpg
  • That all looks awesome Tempu. I trust a great time was had by you both then?
  • Loving the decor of that Pho place.
  • g.man wrote:
    That all looks awesome Tempu. I trust a great time was had by you both then?
    Yeah I had an ok time despite being sick as a dog and being unable to get to sleep until 5am most nights. We just accepted it and did our day from 12-10 instead. Berlin is a city that feels cool in the evenings so it wasn't so bad.
    LivDiv wrote:
    Loving the decor of that Pho place.

I spent most of my time there thinking "I wanna model this!"
  • Had some friends over for a Sunday roast today, so I made a seven-hour roast leg of lamb. It was fucking glorious but I forgot to take any photos so I guess it didn’t happen?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Definitely didn't happen ,which is a positive as think how much you'll enjoy it again
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Saw Muggins ask for vegetarian recipes on Twitter so decided to post this here, made it last night.

Preheat oven to 400°F.
    Rinse and dry chickpeas.
    Put on a baking sheet and in the oven, they need a total time of 30-40 mins, crispy is good.
    Chop vegetables you want, I had zucchini, butternut squash and carrots. Toss with olive oil, lemon pepper and garlic salt.
    Add to baking sheet, keep track of different cook times. 
    I added carrots and squash after the chickpeas where in for 10 mins, after the vegetables were in for 5-10 mins I added the zucchini for the last 15-20 mins. Some char isn't the end.
    Prepare some couscous, I added za'atar when I fluffed it up, sumac would also work.

Serve with pomegranate seeds and feta. I also had hummus for creaminess, but I think a yoghurt/mint sauce would have been better.

Was pretty good.
  • I’m in Wakefield. Anyone know a decent place to eat in Wakefield? Because I don’t and I’m hungry.
  • Pizza Expre...

Wait that is Woking.
  • I think there is a Wimpy.
  • This is not looking good for my dinner, guys.
  • Dante! I was in Preston all day. If I hadn’t been catching a train to fucking Wakefield, I would have hit you up for a beer.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I think there is a Wimpy.

I'd like a time machine so I can go back to 1970s Wimpy.

A beloved uncle took me and my bro into one (his horses probably won that weekend). Proper sit down service. May have been the first burger I ever had. I can still remember the smell of the place. Blissful.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Those were the days :)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    davyK wrote:

I'd like a time machine so I can go back to 1970s Wimpy.

If you want to go back further, there's always the Isle of Man.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Made some proper Mexican tonight - Pozole.

An amazing colour to it

bl4asie.jpg

And with the customary toppings

QMHNHHo.jpg

Recipe I used is here
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fun fact. Pozole originated in the 16th century and after a prisoner's heart had been torn out, the body was chopped up and made into Pozole and shared among the town.

Happy weekend.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Looks good Reg. I love Mexican food. I've started making batches of smokey Mexican style beans. They're great as a healthy carb/base for meals. Burritos, enchiladas, beans on toast with whatever protein you want on top (pan fried fish works great). You can mix them into chilli or just with a poached egg and avacado.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    yay, like theb look of that
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!