Vinyl figures/toys (customs and collections)
  • Utterly outrageous those things.

Yea boba fett cost about £80 second hand in Japan, it looked new to me.  I think new it was around $170 which I just can't justify now I've got a kid. They've got a few different ones on their site.

And holy shit they're doing this

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-space-jockey-sideshow-collectibles-300305/
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Yeah $170 puts it a bit out of price range. Was thinking of my Bro's birthday, which by chance is the same day Mortal Kombat X is out.
  • Billy wrote:
    Currently on my desk, going to try and pick up the Vader as well, the detail on these is bonkers sideshow_boba_fett_action_figure_7.jpg

awesome
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The Coarse edition is still available and exclusive to Amazon. Oddly (or not) the yanks don't like it and have been preordering the EU exclusive alternate version, this pile of tat. 515SIWrGIQL.jpg
    Yer what?!  Fucking idiots, Coarse does amazing work.  I'm not bothered about MK but would consider that ed just for the statue.  Will get me a PAWS and JAWS one day when I feel whimmy.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I know right!?!

I'm not really down with the CE trend but that Coarse piece is nice. The other tat is just plain junk.
  • Boba Fetts second poser is a little 'hello sailor'.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Its quite jaunty and the cape looks lovely in the wind.
  • Looks like I made the right move pre-ordering that MKX statue.

Pre-order is £99. They have already sold on eBay for £150 plus, game isn't even out yet.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good.  Was always going to happen being a Coarse thingy.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Was going to buy one of those creepy porcelain dolls for the wife as a weird birthday present... Turns out not even Lord_Griff can justify that level of expenditure.
  • Went to Japan recently.  Apart from buying fam presents & the odd Amiibo, was not really after anything myself, apart from 2 things that my inner geek desired.  Come 3 days from the end, I stumbled across Set "B", which was on my small list of must buys if I clocked them.  Twas brought & is now stuck in customs atm as I did not have the space to bring back.  Even with expecting a rather healthy custom slap'age due, it beats paying what some fuck in South Lanarkshire on ebay has been chasing for a while now.

gatchaman1.jpg

Will slot right into my collection.  Not seen a set "A" for sale for a long time :(
  • They're awesome, give them to me.
  • I'll make you a deal, you can keep the tank.
  • I like them :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Went to Japan recently.

I'm totally not jealous at all. You bastard.

Nice find. I recognise the geezer on the bike from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, but I'm guessing he's originally from something else?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It's the princess from Battle of the Planets/G-Force.
  • Loved that show, love Japan.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, I was in Wellington over the weekend. Got these two:

f3180383ac8312bd3425292e9d8598a9.jpg

and

$_35.JPG

Not that pleased with the latter. The plastic feels cheap, her hair doesn't quite fit on her head properly, and the flame thrower accessory is as bendy as an eraser.

I still want to get the alien, the egg, the face hugger, chest-bursted Kane... I may have issues. Send help. And toys.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    adored wrote:
    It's the princess from Battle of the Planets/G-Force.

Ah ha, thanks much.
    Billy wrote:
    Loved that show, love Japan.

Japan both intrigues and frightens me. It's so far at the top of my 'places to visit' list that every where else on the planet doesn't even make the top ten.
  • JP is easymode. It's why I live here.
  • adored wrote:
    It's the princess from Battle of the Planets/G-Force/Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman.

Aye it's her. She a also appears in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom along with Ken/Mark/Ace(dependent on which version you grew up with) & the cameos are the only reason I own the game & stick, well that & it's a pretty easy brawler to get into.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Aye it's her. She a also appears in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom along with Ken/Mark/Ace(dependent on which version you grew up with) & the cameos are the only reason I own the game & stick, well that & it's a pretty easy brawler to get into.

TvC is the best beat 'em up ever, and the only one I've ever bought a stick for.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    JP is easymode. It's why I live here.
    Pros and cons of JP living GO
  • Tiny shitters. American beer. Feeling like a giant .
  • The toilets have built-in spraycleaners pretty often.

The beer is routinely great because I know all the good bars and vendors.

I am not especially bulky.
  • Cons are generally macro - poor civil society protest momentum, rubbish expectations for women, calcified corporate structure making entrepreneurial exercises unusual and so difficult to secure funding for.

The shopping owns though and crime is basically a myth.
  • don't forget the BEEF!
  • i liked the vending machines and the crush on the tube.
  • Hulka T wrote:
    i liked the vending machines and the crush on the tube.
    Re that crush thing. 
    On a brief trip to Tokyo years back the missus and i found ourselves getting a train during evening rush hour back into central Tokyo. 
    The train was busy as was the platform when it pulled in. I looked at the schedule board and noticed there was another train 1 minute behind this one going to exactly the same place. So i said to the missus lets not crush on, as the locals did,(pretty much the crush you see on tv etc...). The next train pulled in virtually empty and we got seats. 
    So @brooks is this a Japanese cultural oddity thing where they feel they need to get this train right now? Or was it just a blip?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • No that's pretty common. They like to be punctual here, but also you'll find that plenty of lines run an every-stop and an express - the latter will tend to be the more rammed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!