The Mashup Thread
‹ Previous12
  • Take two games, mash them together and tell us why it creates the supergame you have always wanted.

Will post mine when my boss leaves for his meeting.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • STREETFIGHTERxTEKKEN

Oh wait...
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mario Party 7 and Mario Party 8.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Zelda and Dark Souls. 

I like worlds that are puzzley and coherent and shit. And Zelda could do with being a bit more like Dark Souls (not the other way round). Open world like and actual proper mechanics to battles and fighting. Oh, and challenging. Keep the spatial sunken puzzle design and clever use of items and how different areas open up over time etc.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This is how my brother is pitching his new game, you should enjoy it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've often thought a cross series shmup craft versus game could be interesting. Not like the RType Final thing, but real time. It could be split screen with your opponent at the top of your screen. There would need to be enemy swarms to shoot al la Twinkle Star Sprites to generate power ups and the balancing would be tricky but it could be done.

You could even have a vert verses horizontal mode for say R-Type versus DoDonpachi Red.

An engine-based approach for user created content would ensure loads of different craft whilst avoiding licence wrangling.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Zelda and Dark Souls.  I like worlds that are puzzley and coherent and shit. And Zelda could do with being a bit more like Dark Souls (not the other way round). Open world like and actual proper mechanics to battles and fighting. Oh, and challenging. Keep the spatial sunken puzzle design and clever use of items and how different areas open up over time etc.

aren't temco doing something like this already?
  • NES Remix + Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection.  Or Wario Ware/Half-Minute Hero meets the Sega Allstar franchise. 

Something that spans different generations would be wonderful.  Survive the forest bike scene in Alex Kidd in Miracle World and you're plonked straight into the descending lift scene from Streets of Rage 2, if you make it through you're whisked away to fight Puffy in NiGHTS; succeed and you progress to a Dreamcast title, fail and you're put back a generation.  Once all Sega hardware generations are complete, you move onto the next set of games.  Add a randomised survival mode, specific game challenges, arcade bonus stages, rejigged and entirely new sections using existing game tools (come on, how hard would it be to create a new Fantasy Zone stage?).  Most importantly, the developers mustn't scrimp on the amount of games on the disk - it should be a total fanservice labour of love.

If I won the Euromillions I'd fund a Sega/Nintendo mash-up of the game described above.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    NES Remix + Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection.  Or Wario Ware/Half-Minute Hero meets the Sega Allstar franchise. 

Something that spans different generations would be wonderful.  Survive the forest bike scene in Alex Kidd in Miracle World and you're plonked straight into the descending lift scene from Streets of Rage 2, if you make it through you're whisked away to fight Puffy in NiGHTS; succeed and you progress to a Dreamcast title, fail and you're put back a generation.  Once all Sega hardware generations are complete, you move onto the next set of games.  Add a randomised survival mode, specific game challenges, arcade bonus stages, rejigged and entirely new sections using existing game tools (come on, how hard would it be to create a new Fantasy Zone stage?).  Most importantly, the developers mustn't scrimp on the amount of games on the disk - it should be a total fanservice labour of love.

If I won the Euromillions I'd fund a Sega/Nintendo mash-up of the game described above.

I'd buy that.

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    so would I.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Speedball x Titanfall

The movement of Titty is so good I'd like to do more than just CoD style shooty stuff. Speedball in first person, with the ability to throw the ball where you want, slide into other players, running along the side of the arena, all that shit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Titanball?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No, Speedfall.
  • Metal Gear Solid's cast transposed to some sort of vs. fighting game.

They could run with the whole CQC branding gimmick and make a wee fucking mint, I swear.
  • Combing words where only the last/first letter match is a poortmanteau

I'd like to see something like max Payne meets dance dance revolution. A rhythm Hong Kong shooter.
  • Thread needs more gurning and rigs.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

A splendid example of a mashup...

• I was serious with Pokemonintendogs. Imagine adding a quality RPG (inc fighting...) to the training bits of Nintendogs. Or proper low-level tamigotchi-style training to Pokemon.

Or I guess a simple Nintendogs game but with the dogs replaced by some of the most iconic Pokemon.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This is how my brother is pitching his new game, you should enjoy it.

How's that coming along? He's hone silent and your last post on it was verging on the pessimistic...
  • WorKid wrote:
    Or proper low-level tamigotchi-style training to Pokemon.

They did that. It's shit.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    This is how my brother is pitching his new game, you should enjoy it.
    How's that coming along? He's hone silent and your last post on it was verging on the pessimistic...

I have no idea I'm afraid.
  • Reckon he's got Shahid Kamal in his ear encouraging him to get New Game + on Vita and PS4.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • What a bump. Love this.

Obviously not real, it was made in the spare time of an animator from Texas, Takahashi retweeted it today.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I've often thought a cross series shmup craft versus game could be interesting. Not like the RType Final thing, but real time. It could be split screen with your opponent at the top of your screen. There would need to be enemy swarms to shoot al la Twinkle Star Sprites to generate power ups and the balancing would be tricky but it could be done. You could even have a vert verses horizontal mode for say R-Type versus DoDonpachi Red. An engine-based approach for user created content would ensure loads of different craft whilst avoiding licence wrangling.

Coffee table arcade cab
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • These M&S pre mix cocktails really are something else.
  • Guys watch the fucking video please
  • Guys watch the fucking video please

It's real good.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I loved that you said "obviously not real". Pause for a moment and tell me that you honestly think Keita wouldn't do such a thing, he's a fucking fruitloop, in all the best possible ways
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!