3D Gaming?
  • So I've just treated myself to a Sony 46" W905. What is the deal with getting PS3 or 360 stuff in 3D? What titles are the highlights?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Off the top of my head, Crysis 1,2 and 3, Batman Arkham City, Gears 3, Halo Anniversary, Wipeout, and Uncharted 3, those were my highlights!
  • SotC, CoDs generally support it quite well, Super Stardust.
  • Cheers. I have most of those titles so I'll get cracking soon. I think there was a 3D thread but I couldn't find it using the search.

And I'm sure I posted this same post earlier?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Wipeout is stunning in 3D and Uncharted along with Batman are impressive but my personal favourite is still GT5 as it just feels really natural.
  • While 3D certainly never took off (though I'm happy to see Nintendo hasn't given up yet with New 3DS and the improved 3D viewing angle) I'm sad to see it slowly fade away again.

While the results vary depending on genre and developer implementation, unlike VR 3D can be applied to traditional games. Though that might be why it never took off (scare stories aside): there was a distinct lack of exclusive 3D content, it was always optional. VR promises entirely new experiences, 3D didn't.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!