The Walking Dead - TV
‹ Previous123
  • Is anyone else watching this? Its fucking good. 

I watched S4 E16 the final of the season last night and it was pretty good. A return to form in my opinion. It was inevitable that they would all get reunited. I think the new brainiac guy will come in handy as he will build stuff like MacGuyver!

Maggie is fit too.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Didn't we have one of these already?
    Guess not.

I gave up on S4 a few episodes back, utter shite. Thank fuck it's on hiatus and Mad Men can return.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Love it though S4 has been a tad odd.

Reckon Maggies next.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nice spoiler in the OP there. They're becoming rare these days, but it's always nice to see one out in the wild.
  • I have no idea where I'm up to with this. The last episode I watched had the Rick and his gang leavin' the prison for good.  Was that a mid-season break?  Is it back on now??
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I watched whatever was on Love Film when I subbed that - think S1 & 2. Enjoyed it to my surprise.

They had just left the farm after getting overrun and the lead character had killed his fast-becoming-irritating sidekick which was a result. That's when they discover the prison.

If S3 & 4 pops up on LoveFilm Netflicks or whatever would probably sign up again.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Personally, I liked the sidekick.  The series took a dive with the intro of 'The Governor' imho.  I never rated David Morrissey's performance all that much. Not even a baddie you could grow to love to hate or anything.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Has the son been killed yet?
    Last ep I saw had the Guv lurking outside the prison and I thought fuck this shite and didn't bother anymore.
  • I find the son kind of bearable.  He ain't a Wesley Crusher zombie-dodging kind of kid.  I suspect he's immune to being killed off as it would send Rick over the edge completely, making that character completely redundant.
  • I'm yet to watch the rest of Season 4, got to the episode before the half way point as it was starting to become reaaaally boring in that sodding prison.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Personally, I liked the sidekick.  The series took a dive with the intro of 'The Governor' imho.  I never rated David Morrissey's performance all that much. Not even a baddie you could grow to love to hate or anything.

I started off liking him and the whole dynamic. But the character got so OTT that it wasn't sustainable within the scenario which is a pity.
  • It's amazing how often people who have survived a zombie outbreak for two years, stand about in the open without checking around them, then fall over in surprise as a slow, noisy zombie lurches at them. 
    Oh and the split up from each other all the time when clearing a building. 

Your head would be on a swivel and you would be so susceptible to any out of place noise.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • And American house builders have a hate hate relationship with natural light.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hmmm, where to start? I know.

First season was sound. Fell apart after that. Tries to rescue itself repeatedly but too many negatives kinda make them moot.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • FFS stop stepping in traps, twisting ankles and falling over.
  • I can't even remember which episode I gave up on or what was happening in the storyline at the time, early part of season 4 I think. They were in the prison, seemingly the least secure safe house ever.

Occasionally TWD pulls out a really good episode, the memory of which makes you stick with it despite the show's many faults. But sheer indifference towards the characters and their plight finally won out.

Good that this thread provided me with enough spoilerific details to fill in the blanks of what's happened since. Not that I was very bothered. The zombie's and the general SFX were always top class though. 

Maybe one day I'll get around to catching up on it.
  • They seem to linger on unimportant parts of the plot, then pull off a good episode or two, then lose the plot again!

There's been some good parts interspersed with dull drudgery. 
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Just watched all four seasons in about 3 weeks. Season 1 is absolute gold, best first season of any show I've seen. The rest is good, enjoyable stuff but man, that first series is stunning.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I hate this fucking show its garbage.
  • Just watched all four seasons in about 3 weeks. Season 1 is absolute gold, best first season of any show I've seen. The rest is good, enjoyable stuff but man, that first series is stunning.

That's where I'm at
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

It seems I should quit while ahead at the end of S2. Pity that. S1 was excellent.
  • Enjoyed series 1. Thought it went downhill very quickly from there.

Lady Tiger's sister always raves about it and says it's better than Breaking Bad. I lol in her face and then get told off and get no lovin'. :(
  • Enjoyed episode 1 of Season 1, it went rapidly downhill from there.

Am I the only person that actually preferred Season 2?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Season 2 was fine. The zeds in the shed bit was effective.

As a series, characters get bumped off at an alarming rate which whilst valid in the scenario is a trifle limiting when it comes to character development.

• I still enjoy the show - kinda. As said above, you get maybe 3 episodes where nothing really happens and then theres a big event that sBnaps back your attention. It could do with being a bit more pacey. I actually felt season 4 was better than 2 and 3 overall - there were some great episodes and moments in it. It could also do with a cast trimming as the current set-up doesnt contain enough decent characters in there to justify them all. Sad to say as well, I just dont think the writing for Rick has been decent enough.
    SFV - reddave360
  • You always know when the black guy will die in TWD because a different black guy gets introduced the episode before.
  • we currently have 2 black guys in the fray
  • But a black lady was deleted to make room.
  • Ah, they have started to mix i up a bit.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Whilst I find clean shaved victims and Maggie's ultra white teeth jarring, as a bit of weekly 45 minute Zombie fun it works.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Hear me out on this one...
    As a whole the show needs to play with us a bit more.
    It needs a one off quirky episode, on how much fun it is to be part of a zed apoc.
    That's why we watch it isn't it? Because we are secretly thrilled by the inherent possibilities of the break down of society, the release of pressures, the unshackling of social conventions and laws.

Other 'serious' shows have done it - the Breaking Bad 'Fly' episode, the Sopranos 'dream' etc… to name a couple off the top of my head.

It would keep the views on their toes and actually make us care for some of the characters a bit more, by seeing a different side to them.
    IMO.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!