Current Affairs
  • I wonder how long that would take in the UK.
  • I wonder how long that would take in the UK.

Depends. Are you starting the count before or after the white paper and independent inquiry?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    In related news, since this news went big a few days back, China has built a new hospital in Wuhan. And no, I don’t mean a massive tent. An actual building. From scratch. In less than a week. Only in fucking China.

That's what Boris is going to do here.  Forty times over.
  • *uncontrollable laughing*
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Let's see how far they can stretch the definition of "new" and "hospital" (the Tories, not the Chinese)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Chinese do not fuck about.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • If you are a massive authoritarian regime with an existing design made of prefabricated buildings you already built once before for the sars outbreak in 2003 in 7 days it's probably a piece of piss.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The number of infections has gone from 400 to 1278 in less than a week, and the death toll from 12 to 41. That's a 3% fatality rate (so far, I imagine accurate figures can't be determined until to outbreak has been stopped), about the same as small pox.

If the 1278 figure is even remotely close to reality would it be safe to say this virus isn't very easily transmitted, considering the population density of the areas of the current outbreak?
  • Contamination is likely to be touchbased, perhaps even limited to ingestion?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I guess it depends how long symptoms take to manifest.
  • Apparently a doctor just died. I assume incubation time to be quite short and rapid. Especially when the quarantine (epidemic) spreads from 3-5-18 cities in less than week?
  • Will do, thanks all.

In related news, since this news went big a few days back, China has built a new hospital in Wuhan. And no, I don’t mean a massive tent. An actual building. From scratch. In less than a week.

Only in fucking China.

I caught that today. It's astounding.

The doctors who are dying, they're dying of overwork.

Honestly we need to never go to war with these people
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • China should monitor people who got sick and are recovering from the coronovirus/virii. Try to develop a vaccine from there based on antibodies.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    If you are a massive authoritarian regime with an existing design made of prefabricated buildings you already built once before for the sars outbreak in 2003 in 7 days it's probably a piece of piss.

Brunel would have approved.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    So the great post-Brexit Britain (England) then.

Why can't we build a fucking railway line?
  • hunk wrote:
    China should monitor people

Oh I think they already have that down to a tee.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • davyK wrote:
    So the great post-Brexit Britain (England) then.

Why can't be build a fucking railway line?

Half our problem is that we did build one, we built one first and now it's not up to standard.

There is a bridge at the end of my round that has been closed since March because they have to make it taller to fit the electric trains. Before that they did the bridge at the other end of my road.

In regards to HS2, that is just standard government policy. They took the low ball quote to get it started and are now paying over the odds of the reall cost.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    First Corona virus here in Orange County confirmed. Was to be expected as we have a big Asian culture here. Part of the reason no one can afford to buy a home. From what I know a lot of, mainly Chinese and Vietnamese I think, bought houses here years ago, when they started filling OC with houses (where I live is only 20 years old this year). Inflating prices that way as it was a second house for a lot of them.

Interesting to see how this develops, as health care is a bit of a luxury here.
  • davyK wrote:
    So the great post-Brexit Britain (England) then. Why can't we build a fucking railway line?

Because this country is fucking stupid and throws it's arms up in the air like a cranky toddler in a supermarket every time someone mentions our infrastructure. 

See also: our inability to improve our airports, our water mains and drains that have spent the last 5-10 years bursting each winter with ever increasing vigour, our roads which are full of pot holes, our cities that have the absolute bare minimum provision for things like cycling and electric personal vehicles as well as terrible traffic management which is not even trying to really adapt the increasing number of cars on the road, keeping our hospitals staffed and not closing wards and entire buildings and fucking merging different NHS trusts together and then trying to build one new big hospital to serve 3 counties that's like an hour away from anywhere by road if you have to get an ambulance there. 

Maybe if we hadn't voted repeatedly for governments that did nothing to stop the wealthiest individuals and companies avoiding tax while at the same time cutting tax rates all over the shop for everyone we might have the funds to properly fund our public services.

God this country really boils my piss sometimes.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    So the great post-Brexit Britain (England) then. Why can't we build a fucking railway line?

Because this country is fucking stupid and throws it's arms up in the air like a cranky toddler in a supermarket every time someone mentions our infrastructure. 

See also: our inability to improve our airports, our water mains and drains that have spent the last 5-10 years bursting each winter with ever increasing vigour, our roads which are full of pot holes, our cities that have the absolute bare minimum provision for things like cycling and electric personal vehicles as well as terrible traffic management which is not even trying to really adapt the increasing number of cars on the road, keeping our hospitals staffed and not closing wards and entire buildings and fucking merging different NHS trusts together and then trying to build one new big hospital to serve 3 counties that's like an hour away from anywhere by road if you have to get an ambulance there. 

Maybe if we hadn't voted repeatedly for governments that did nothing to stop the wealthiest individuals and companies avoiding tax while at the same time cutting tax rates all over the shop for everyone we might have the funds to properly fund our public services.

God this country really boils my piss sometimes.

If its any consolation, I feel the same about Ireland.

SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    This Coronavirus infection doesn't appear to be slowing down at all. Infection rates are roughly doubling every 2 days. This could hopefully be because diagnosis is getting better/faster, but it doesn't look great.
  • I woke up with a nasty cold today.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Whrooiskey!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    BA have suspended all flight's to/from mainland China.
  • It's rare that I side with the Mail on fucking Sunday, but AITA for thinking Harry's Instagram photo of him with a drugged and tethered elephant, edited to look like he's an elephant whisperer, is rightly being called out? I'm conscious that I have a dislike for the monarchy, which maybe colours my opinion here, and also, eww, the mail, but it's hard to not think this was all done for the gram.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51316000

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!