Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Unsurprisingly ISIS are claiming responsibility.
  • Surely all this "terrorist" stuff will have to taper off at some point. I know it's been around since, well, forever but just the current cycle of it. Cunts driving vans into people enjoying life. Fuck off.
  • Surely all this "terrorist" stuff will have to taper off at some point. I know it's been around since, well, forever but just the current cycle of it. Cunts driving vans into people enjoying life. Fuck off.

I dont think it will ever taper off. The whole issue is grounded in political instability and historical grievances in the ME region. All these "holy lands" are in close geographic proximity and many of the sects claim the same sites as theirs.

Syria was a powder keg that was ignited by drought. The next thirty years are going to see greater climate stresses put onto an already hot and arid region, and the inevitable migration/exodus on top of crop failures and market changes (fossil fuel and water prices) will just make the whole region an uglier mess. That's without the US threatening to impose democracy. 

I think there was an article recently citing the risk of 35 degree C dew point temps in the tropics as being a critical point for deaths on large scales. Depending on the indian ocean patterns, the westward winds are going to bring that air more frequently to the ME region and fucking hell will it be ugly if that happens often.

I can imagine the resource wars in the region will only increase, as will the animosity towards the richer states (Israel, Saudi Arabia) which coincidentally include the most contested holy sites for billions of people. The contest over those sites in an age of mass environmental crisis will only be exploited more and more by the fringe extremists who are located elsewhere around the world.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Well there goes my hopeful thinking...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    What the FUCK is Nick Ferrari doing on Newsnight!!?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The guy who used to play The Hulk?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No that's Lou Ferrari.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You mean Harold Ferrigno?
  • Skerret wrote:
    No that's Lou Ferrari.

Lola Ferrari?
    With the tits?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Kinks?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    René Kink?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I still believe there should be a second referendum for Brexit after negotiation of a deal with the EU. Give the people of the UK a 2nd, this time an informed chance to make a definitive choice for where they want the country to be headed. To go for a Brexit after 1 referendum is madness and unwise imo. Don't get sucker punched by the likes of Farell and rightwing media because of 1 referendum! This decision is far too important for that.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Ideally yes. Not going to happen though. Never in a million years.
  • But seriously, who decides that? If enough voices call for a 2nd referendum (ca 50%) and the remain camp unites, why not? People should know what they're going for, what they're actually choosing.
  • Parliament could decide.
  • Imho: The main motive for Brexit.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/04/disaster-capitalism-tory-right-brexit-roll-back-state

It's an unashamed cynical conservative cash grab with a lot of opportunity for doing privatising 'huge' deals. Migrant problem? That's how you sell it to the plebs who have no idea what's at stake and haven't a clue as to who's really profiting from a new deal.

That's why the likes of Nigel Farage are grinning ear to ear with Brexit.

• You could only have a second ref if you were sure you wouldn't lose, otherwise what's the point? And if you are sure, then the public would have turned against it by such a margin that it should be obvious and you wouldn't need a referendum anyway. Another ref before that point and you have to deal with the anger of people voting Brexit out of spite against being asked twice.
  • Yes him! Mr. Snooty whatshisface.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Essentially, hope has it that the disaster minority govt. will have to have a GE in the next 12 months. That'll result in a smaller minority govt..

The only way a "prog. coalition" will form is with Labour agreeing with the remain parties to have a ref. on the terms of Brexit. Two choices; i) take exit deal with no trade neg. in place and recover £ in approx 10 -20 years. ii) sack it off and recover £ by remaining, approx 5 - 10 years.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • What should be happening is our so called Prime Minister should be saying.

" The referendum was advisory and the result unsubstantial enough to be used as a definite decision maker.

Since the referendum we have seen the pound fall dramatically and global investment drop.

The Northern Irish border was an unprecedented complication that could cause hardship to many and has potential to reignite the troubles.
    On top of that Scotland are looking at another indyref, not because they want to leave the UK but because they want to remain in the EU.

I will not sit by while our nation is weakened and divided.

For that reason I will be reacting article 50"

Won't happen though because she is spineless.
  • She'd be instantly out of a job though, causing more chaos, handing choice of PM over to Tory party members who will choose a hardliner who reverses her choice anyway. Maybe.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    North Korea has fired a missile over Japan. If we're all nuked by morning, it's been a pleasure.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm using my bath bomb tonight then.
  • Fucking sick of this idiotic nuclear bluster.
  • They wouldn't dare start a war before the last two episodes of Twin Peaks air
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    To be honest, nuclear annihilation will probably offer a great deal more closure than actually watching the last two episodes.
  • What should be happening is our so called Prime Minister should be saying.

" The referendum was advisory and the result unsubstantial enough to be used as a definite decision maker.

Since the referendum we have seen the pound fall dramatically and global investment drop.

The Northern Irish border was an unprecedented complication that could cause hardship to many and has potential to reignite the troubles.
    On top of that Scotland are looking at another indyref, not because they want to leave the UK but because they want to remain in the EU.

I will not sit by while our nation is weakened and divided.

For that reason I will be reacting article 50"

Won't happen though because she is spineless.

The people have spoken and Brexit means Brexit. Once somebody figures out what that means, if it means anything at all, there's going to be some changes around these 'ere parts, and those elitists are going to pay. Wandering about, knowing stuff.

Not everyone likes Dawkins but then again not everyone has read The Selfish Gene and slightly fallen in love with him. You might not like him but he was never going to be in favour of Brexit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4feBH0ABk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!