myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No she's a doll again, like in the beginning. Guess no insight means I can't see anything.

Celestial thing being an asshole now.

Edit, dead asshole now.
  • Rakuyo is mine. Phew!

Next up OoK.
  • Thanks for the tip on the item to bring btw.
  • Np, a hunter must hunt.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Martyr down. Easy enough once you know that
    Spoiler:

Now to figure out what to do with the enemy Eileen has been hunting in the Cathedral. Died pretty hard there. It's only her and the Daughter thing that are optional things I can do right now, otherwise it's back to the story. I know I'm getting closer to still not understanding what's going on, is there a point of no return where I can't try bosses anymore? Would like to do them all, but think both Eileen's enemy and the Daughter are great attempted at the highest level I'll get.
  • That’s why you should never listen to B.
  • Good stuff Nina.

I'm not 100% sure if there is a point of no return - well there can be if you chose B's option (if I remember what you said earlier in this thread).

When the hub area looks different you are close to the end - so make sure you finish off anything at that point to be safe.
  • Kos is down. Not too bad a fight, fairness wise. Hated the electricity - got me every single time even when out in the sea.

Other than that, it is dodgeable for the most part.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've gotten a new controller (berry) and now I'm scared to go back to this. What if my character actually moves at a steady pace now?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Micolash down, not my favourite fight, mostly thanks to his constant talking at moments. I don't understand any of the shit you say, just be quiet.

This whole nightmare chapter has been hard for my heart though, I'm surprised by how much horrible the game can make things, even if you think they can't take it any further.

I know I've one more enemy here related to the frenzy, I've got the Crow of Cainhurst to deal with, the Daughter of Cosmos and the whore. Pretty sure I should wait with the crow and daughter till I have the rock to get my weapon to +10, and possibly some extra points in stamina. Currently level 85 with vitality at 30, endurance at 33, strength at 34 and skill at 23. Bloodtinge and Arcane at 6 and 9, kinda sad them being so low prevents me from even equipping some weapons. I'd quite like to know if the big wheel would look good on me.
  • Oh majestic, majestic!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yes...

Luckily didn't have to fight him too often. I don't even want this cage, it's a nasty thing to put on your head.

Tried to find the brain but no luck, and there's too much daylight in the room now that I have to strain my eyes too much. Had a quick look, and hopefully have time tonight to do this.

It's a horrible area, but I like how it's build quite vertically. Feels like you're really going up somewhere and the higher you go, the more insanity you find. Sense of place is quite amazing in this game. First time getting to the Upper Cathedral was impressive as well.
    There's actually no area I hated, apart from the enemies in it, but they all feel pretty well designed, even if you can see that asset placement doesn't make sense (like fences right in front of doors in Yharnam).
  • Getting to the frenzy things involves the most annoying roll in the game. I died so many times.

Micolash is great fun on NG+ and later. Drop down to be one shotted while you recover from the fall. Then the chase is on again.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't think I'll ever play NG+. I started this in June or so, did have some breaks, so another year with this game is just too much to handle.

But that doesn't mean I'm not trying to get everything out of it this playthrough!
  • You'll blitz through NG+.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Maybe when I get a PS5 and if I get the DLC.

I love it, but the overall bleakness of it does impact my general mood at moments, so I have to be careful there. Would love to spend more hours in this after the story is done, I've only done 1 chalice dungeon so far but at some point I need to move on!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spend at least 1,5 hour trying to cross the bridge with the frenzy brain fuck guys, have never been so angry when I parried and visceral attacked the first two, parried the third (and last) but missed the visceral...

Managed to do it in the end by side stepping and big sword mode. Only to die to the single one inside as i forgot to heal about 1/3 of what a vial would replenish. Killed by frenzy. At least I opened the iron door so I think I can avoid the bridge from now on.

Celebrating with sushi for dinner.
  • “La la laa”

How did you get on with the roll from the lift?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That wasn't too bad, once I adjusted the camera a bit to the side I almost always got that.

The singing was so weird, and I do wonder how that works psychologically. As it's a pretty soothing song. Couldn't tell if it calms you nerves enough to concentrate better on the hunt, or if it takes you off guard enough that you need a couple seconds to switch from listening to it to battle mode.

Woke up still feeling sad that I missed that third visceral attack. Almost feels cheap how I've done it in the end compared to that. As with parry + visceral I wouldn't have needed vials of sedatives. Side stepping is just a lot of buttons to hit to evade, attack, suppress frenzy and heal yourself.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    The brain is dead. Went back to Daughter with my +10 weapon and couple extra levels, but not much success so far.

Really hoping to get the Crow and Daughter before progressing with the story, but I might not be able to do them.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Got Daughter's health to to under half , think 30/40% left. Quite exciting, never got her below 75% I think

Edit, down to around 15% I think. Time to start the fight with a cannon blast to the face. Haven't been using that as I first needed to get her closer to death, before starting to use 12 bullets a blast.

Lol that was death right after the blast to it's face. It does take a decent chunk of, and I would have been extremely close on the down to 15% health run if I blasted her.

Another edit, I'm either over my peak for the day or those couple runs were pure luck. Camera and environment are biggest enemies here.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just needed B to wake up and sit next to me and be very unimpressed. Daughter is dead, I might have done a fist pump.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    The Crow is also dead. So is the whore and it's thing.

I might have actually revived the queen of vileblood, not sure if I need to kill her again (Alfred did it last time), also not sure if I need to finish off Eileen and everyone in the Church. As I'm not sure the ending will be kind to them.
  • Nina with the big plays.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    And the big posts
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have a Cursed Tempering Damp Blood Gem that gives me a lot of extra attack, from 299 to 380. The curse seems to be that attack vs Beasts will go down by 9.3%. Is this gonna be useful towards end game? I'm sure I'll have to fight some beasts in Nightmare of Mensis, but maybe I should equip after?
    It also shows my skill attribute bonus will go from A to a B, not sure what that means.
  • I avoided the cursed gems but they do offer big gains if you can avoid the negative e.g. not fighting beasts. There probably aren't a lot of beasts and no bosses that are classed as beasts from where you are.

The A to B is a reduction in skill scaling so you get less of a damage boost from your skill stats. If it's going down I guess you have a gem already equipped that is boosting the skill scaling and the new gem is showing that you will lose that scaling once you remove it. I didn't see much difference at all in scaling primarily because you equip the best boost you find and that usually offsets any benefit of scaling - otherwise you wouldn't use it - all about those blue numbers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm working from home a couple of days a week at the moment and today I've been enjoying this BB randomiser mod (all enemies + bosses, item pickups and vendor gear are random) run in the background. Puts me in a mood to dive in again after a few years.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Killed the Nurse. Pretty cool enemy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!