Scalebound - New Platinum!
  • Star Fox was okay, just really tricky with the motion controls.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yeah Transformers was budget but that was kinda my point, is that all they're gonna be?

Scalebound appeared to be them getting given a huge budget from MS and being let off the reins.

Yeah Star Fox wasn't great.

What was the last game they made that was genuinely great? Or is it just Bayonetta?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Star Fox was okay, just really tricky with the motion controls.

I thought it was pretty good tbh, until the on foot sections that is. I don't think I've ever hit a wall so hard in a game before, literally couldn't get my head around the controls.

I do intend to go back but it's getting relegated into my Pile 'O Shame soon.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is the E3 trailer from last year:

looked shit as fuck like
  • Not my cup of tea, but it was never going to sell well on the xbox.
  • This is the E3 trailer from last year:

looked shit as fuck like

So did the Bayonetta trailer though, and that turned out to be fucking incredible.
  • Yeah Transformers was budget but that was kinda my point, is that all they're gonna be?

Scalebound appeared to be them getting given a huge budget from MS and being let off the reins.

What was the last game they made that was genuinely great? Or is it just Bayonetta?

Bayonetta 2, Vanquish, Metal Gear Revengeance(?) and Wonderful 101 are all really good games.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is the E3 trailer from last year: looked shit as fuck like
    So did the Bayonetta trailer though, and that turned out to be fucking incredible.

eehh ya cheeky scamp

Bayonetta 2, Vanquish, Metal Gear Revengeance(?) and Wonderful 101 are all really good games.

Bayonetta 2 and maybe Metal Gear aside they just kinda struck me as Madworld levels of good tbh.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • High hopes for nier automata.
  • Get the fuck outta here Vanquish and MGRising are hall of fame output.
  • Vanquish is full on great. Not quite as good as Bayonetta, but not far off either.

The demo for this seemed...muted. Wonder whether they were trying the second guess the Xbox market and figuring that a darker colour pallet + chatty wisecracking lead was what those guys wanted.
  • I actually always thought it looked more like something I'd expect to see on a Sony console. Make of that what you will.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Get the fuck outta here Vanquish and MGRising are hall of fame output.

I liked them, but just didn't quote think they were great.

Did love George in MG though!

If I'm being honest I'm not a massive fan of Bayonetta, although I can see what all the fuss is about with that at least.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I couldn't get on with Vanquish at all but appreciated that they were catering for more adept players.

Just struck me as a strange approach to take with a game. Bayonetta aside, Platinum don't really do much for me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I enjoyed Bayonetta but in general I've grown out of bat-shit crazy Japanese games. Because I'm a boring old cunt now. As said, the idea behind this game interested me but the gameplay and characters leaved a lot to be desired.
  • Was looking forward to this, am a huge platinum fan (even liked anarchy reigns...) Thinking recently that a big problem with last guardian's development was trying to make it work with a giant creature, and wondered if this might suffer the same fate.

Guess they were worried about it sitting in limbo for 10+ years and thought it best to pull out now.

Edit: I'm so happy others thought as highly of vanquish as I did. I remember showing a friend who just couldn't understand why it was any good. Throwing a lit cigarette to distract heat seeking missiles was genius.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah, I would imagine that's starting to settle on publishers and developers alike now - this unfortunate situation were games sit in development for so long that any interest for them comes and go's before they are even released.
  • Cosmic knows, I even bought and got at least some enjoyment out of Anarchy Reigns.

Love me some Plat. Wasn't too hot on Scalebound but I'm gutted for them, in a way. Acti have canned their own licensing stuff so I'd guess PG are in a spot just now and need some quick contract work?
  • I even bought and got at least some enjoyment out of Anarchy Reigns.

So did I.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    I even bought and got at least some enjoyment out of Anarchy Reigns.
    So did I.

Brothers!

It gave me motion sickness something chronic but I loved how ridiculous it was.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Facewon wrote:
    That's a fair way into the sandwich to decide you don't like onions.
    What a phrase!
  • Shame, I was interested in this. Well, there's still Nier Automata.
  • I don't think Kamiya has been involved in a bad game so it's a shame to see Scalebound go the way of the dodo It might not have looked promising, but the proof is in the pudding, and this guy had pedigree.
  • Yeah, RE2, DMC, Okami and Bayonetta are nice titles to have on your resume.
  • Also Viewtiful Joe, and supposedly Wonderful 10, which is a game of his I have sadly missed.
  • I hope someone picks this up, it looked good if bit Dante + Dragons.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Also Viewtiful Joe, and supposedly Wonderful 10, which is a game of his I have sadly missed.

Wonderful 101 is one of my favourites ever. It's incredibly ridiculous, hilarious, vibrant and challenging and it never stops one-upping itself. Nothing I've played can match the final hour or two.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I have the means to play it, I just need it cheap

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!