Scalebound - New Platinum!
  • Vela wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Also Viewtiful Joe, and supposedly Wonderful 10, which is a game of his I have sadly missed.

Wonderful 101 is one of my favourites ever. It's incredibly ridiculous, hilarious, vibrant and challenging and it never stops one-upping itself. Nothing I've played can match the final hour or two.

As a Wii U owner I feel I've let myself down on this one.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I feel like I dont know you any more.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • There's a demo isn't there?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I mean, I want to say why the game is good but you really need to experience the rhythm and spectacle of the game by yourself. It will occasionally frustrate you but then it will also surprise you when you do something half competent and even if you dont it has enough measures to drag you back onto your feet.

It's a game that doesn't compare well to many others because it does a few very different things, but it shares some of the design ethos of games like Gunstar Heroes, Twisted Metal and Pikmin on acid.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yeah there might be a demo.
  • I have a sealed copy!

(I'll be opening and playing it.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    W101 is a stealth greatest game on WiiU. I've played through it twice and it has bags of character and, as mentioned, a completely lunatic final couple of hours.
    I might play it tonight.
  • Someone lend it to me cheers
  • monkey wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    That's a fair way into the sandwich to decide you don't like onions.
    What a phrase!

H/T Daniel kitson.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I wrestled Daniel Kitson on stage once.
  • Smang wrote:
    I hope someone picks this up, it looked good if bit Dante + Dragons.

I do like Dragons.
  • yeah, i spent more than 10 minutes on that launch ps3 game because of dragons.
  • I sat through that stupid Christian Bale film because of dragons.
  • Smang wrote:
    yeah, i spent more than 10 minutes on that launch ps3 game because of dragons.

Lair?
  • Games of scale do take too long to make now.

HD (360) era was peak sweet spot of time to make a game, broad enough audience and fidelity.

I can't see a mass effect trilogy happening again in a single gen.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    W101 is a stealth greatest game on WiiU. I've played through it twice and it has bags of character and, as mentioned, a completely lunatic final couple of hours.
    I might play it tonight.

I tried it once. I found myself struggling to balance the pad and use the stylus but the second analogue method felt cumbersome.
  • It does take getting used to that's for sure. But it does work unlike TLG controls. It's just that they are sometimes difficult to perform.
  • I played a bit at launch and gave up after a while cos of the awkward/shit controls, but am determined to stick with it when I next play it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The controls are actually good (analog stick rather than screen input). It's about being accurate as opposed to having to wait for the catbird superhero swarm to do what you want.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Smang wrote:
    yeah, i spent more than 10 minutes on that launch ps3 game because of dragons.
    Lair?

That's the one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!