Metroid General Thread - The Queen of Video Land
‹ Previous123456731
  • A place for us to discuss past present and future games in the Metroid series.

For Metroid Dread discussions check out Minnesänger's awesome thread
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The only game of this type I've played properly, in 2D anyway, is Dust: An Elysian Tail, which I played for an unprecedented 15hrs over over the course of a working week, and really enjoyed.  I expect this information will get on your nerves.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I really must go back to Super, I've got it on my Wii U but lost momentum.

Fingers crossed they add GameCube games to the Virtual Console, especially with that GC pad adapter coming out; I'd love to go back and finish Metroid Prime 2.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I never finished Super Metroid, one of the bosses passed my threshold for number of times I'll repeat the same thing before giving up.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If SNES games get added to the 3DS VC, I might actually buy myself a 3DS and play this (among many other games). N64 games would be a bonus.
  • Yeah, that'd make me give it another go too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its the best game, Moot. Play the best game.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh, I've cleared Suproid many, many times.  Crocomire for the big win.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Ive only ever played it to the first "boss" about ten minutes in. The first I saw of it was a friend showing me the final fight and escape sequence.

I'm in.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Played this fucker so many times, it's a personal totem.

Still largely unbettered in its field, which is fucking criminal considering it's two decades gone.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The most/best atmosphere I've experienced in a sidescroller.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    And lastability, clearly.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's a stayer.  It's so mechanically sound too, the combat is a joy and movement has heft.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Metroid is amazeballs. One of the games that got me in love with gaming. Up there as one of the best ever in my eyes.

And yeah, don't just follow I guide. That's reading, not gaming.
  • I like the way samus runs. No fucking around sprint. One of the things they captured well in other M.
  • 3rd best game ever. Play it Moot, or forever be laughed at.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A mate of mine started playing Super for the first time recently.

He got stuck at the noob bridge.

I laughed.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Noob bridge?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh the noob bridge, yes yes.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The only game of this type I've played properly, in 2D anyway, is Dust: An Elysian Tail, which I played for an unprecedented 15hrs over over the course of a working week, and really enjoyed.  I expect this information will get on your nerves.

By the way, Dust is poor in comparison. Poor, I tell you.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    One of the few games I have completed. Atmosphere, perfectly paced area growth, great controls all together in one package. Lovely. I have the big box version.

I foolishly flicked through a guide before I bought the game and could not unremember 2 things..
    Spoiler:

I probably would have got past the 2nd one - not sure about the first one - really hard to say.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah, I think I saw those in the guide too before realising how much it was giving away.

The other 2 bits I remember being a bit obscure were:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The first one I got lucky and just happened to do the right thing. The second one I was stuck on for ages, and I still think it's a bit shit seeing as everything else in the game is marked according to what weapons can affect it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah - that 2nd one - that was a bit unfair.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah, I think I saw those in the guide too before realising how much it was giving away. The other 2 bits I remember being a bit obscure were:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    The first one I got lucky and just happened to do the right thing. The second one I was stuck on for ages, and I still think it's a bit shit seeing as everything else in the game is marked according to what weapons can affect it.

The second one was the bit that had me scratching my head long after the guide revealed the answer.  How you're supposed to work that out without trying everything everywhere is a mystery.
  • davyK wrote:
    Yeah - that 2nd one - that was a bit unfair.

I remember thinking that it looked really fragile and precarious back in the day. Soon as I got the power bomb I knew it was something I'd try it out on.

That said, I did get lost for hours during that game. Soundtrack was so good that I didn't really mind.
  • I still have the original snes version stashed somewhere in a cupboard. Awesome, awesome game.
    I sometimes fire it up on emulator on my phone but it isn't the same.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I have 2 mint copies of Smetroid, all boxed with books and plastic sleeve, just in case.
  • I have big box PAL copy as well as Jap copy. Both on mint condition.
  • Well I have the super special Australia edition that came in THREE layers of shrinkwrap and the game outside the box so you could play it without breaking the shrinkwrap.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My slightly tatty round the edges copy.

snesGamesSpecial.jpg
‹ Previous123456731

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!