regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ahh don't pretend you're too good for the eyebrow. My wife, the critic, can't resist it
  • regmcfly wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    I'm waiting for the inevitable comedy starring Johnson and Cena butting heads. It'll be spectacular.

I've got a movie for you. It's called WWE

Haven't been able to enjoy it since I was a kid. I find there's too much tedious bullshit to sit through for the occasional cool/funny pay off.
  • Nah I love the rock I just like that meme too
  • Nah I love the rock I just like that meme too

What’s not to love? I just want him to hold me and tell me it’s all gonna be alright
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I do worry he will run as a centrist president in 2020
  • aFJm56m.gif
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • There a great essay to be written somewhere about this weird swathe of heavily muscled men like The Rock, Terry Crews and Vin Diesle who are actually counter to type in their ability to be tender and at the very least attempting to be progressive with their masculinity.

Itis absolute anathema to the weedy gross alt-right fuckheads and channers, the latter of which swore off soy to eat whole raw onions for the testosterone boost and ending up stinking of onion when they swear.

I love it.
  • Tempy, I agree with you. It is good to see. It’s healthy for young guys to grow up seeing a positive male role model, someone who’s tough and hard working yet can be kind, compassionate and highlight that “tenderness” you of which you speak.
  • It makes me think of all the times you described gross meathead people at your various gyms over the years, and how all of them combined are weaker than Terry Crews, a man who consistently goes against type in a loud and important way.
  • Indeed, it’s refreshing to see and I applaud it.
    Did you hear Robbie Collins review of Rampage on Kermode and Mayos film review this week?
    He talked about how we seem to be having a change of message behind action movies today compared to the 80’s.
    He said that looking back at the action movies of the 80’s and 90’s there seemed to be a theme of America retelling Vietnam with their guys coming out on top, the American warrior going into a foreign land and coming home the hero.

Today though just looking at The Rocks output he seems to be picking big Hollywood blockbusters in which he playes the role of the saviour at home, Police, fire, ambulance, search and rescue in San Andreas for example, doing his part to rescue family or innocent lives during the destruction of cities at home rather then going abroad to fight.

Robbie Collins puts it so much better than my hamfisted summary there but it’s worth a listen
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Rock recently spoke out about his own mental health issues, and it felt like a cathartic moment for masculinity Vs being human.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also his skyscraper movie has him playing an amputee which also, although shouldn't, feels like another big step
  • That he did. Was excellent to watch and at the time I was going through some mental stuff so was good to hear from someone I look upto
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Also his skyscraper movie has him playing an amputee which also, although shouldn't, feels like another big step
    When you say “ a big step”...

Sorry, real bad taste
  • Oh by the way chaps, old wookster here is going to be in a short movie soon. We start shooting on the 28th but I’m a samurai warrior in a huge battlefield scene.

You might not see my face but when it’s finished I’m gonna hopefully be able to post the link here.
  • Grem, it's fine as bad film and shits on Star Wars lore.  Without any intentional condescension, glad you enjoyed it.
    It’s not a bad film though. It’s a decent film.

As for it shitting on the lore, I guess it helps that I don’t give a toss about that (and can’t see what you mean anyway).

I mean, if we’re talking about bad star wars films and the shitty fan-upsetting moments in them then I guess Chewie doing a Tarzan cry in Revenge of the Sith ought to put some context to your crazy opinion that TLJ is a comparatively ‘bad’ film.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • mangman wrote:
    Wildlinghttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt5085924/

This leaked online today, and the RT reviews were decent so I gave it a go. A lot better than expected, with a very good central performance and an interesting take on a genre there's been a lot of. Well worth a watch, its a bit low/mid budget so can look a little shoddy in places but I enjoyed the shit out of it.

I watched the trailer as it sounded interesting. The trailer reveals the spoiler.

Amazing how I still watch trailers, as they've become an abbreviated version of the film if you don't have that much time. Bloody irritating. It's not always been like that has it?

Yip. One of the most offending trailers I've seen of recent. Like a TLDR of the actual film.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hey Grem, drink my shake.

8TMhURn.gif

Hamill knows.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • That’s a great moment, sold by the awesomeness of Hamill.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    He's one of the grains of glitter on that turd.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Hah! I still don’t get why you hate it so much.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m watching The Last Jedi for the first time right now.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Crock of a film.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I don’t know why I’m bothering as I thought The Force Awakens was fucking awful.  I think it must be curiosity to see just how much worse this one is than the last.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Me too. Even better than when I saw it at the cinema and I loved it then.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

Me too. Even better than when I saw it at the cinema and I loved it then.

Isn’t it just objectively great?
  • I still haven’t seen it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!