Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A Few Good Men

Still holds up as a great courtroom drama. Tom and Jack on top form of course, but the supporting cast are also very well chosen. I’d say it’s in my top ten films of all time.
  • Oh forgot about this thread and counting films. Saw a couple on plane journey to holiday and one on Netflix couple of nights ago. 

Creed II. Found it a bit dull. [6]

Bumblebee. Quite enjoyable. [8]

Patriot Games. Meh. [6]

Edit: oh wrong thread anyway. :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Watched Demolition Man last night. Flora enjoyed it which is a good sign. Had been years since I saw it. Had fun explaining Pizza Hut / Taco Bell to her.
  • We're watching that soon, been on a 90s thing still. Clifford Hanger was this weeks, what a great film. No fat, great scenery, great action, great score.

Looking forward to DM, just waiting for music magpie.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Those vids of the awful scenes in Meet Joe Black doing the rounds on Twitter make me want to watch it for the first time. I recall reviews at the time of release making it sound long and boring, but that parting scene would’ve been worth the price of admission.

I have a soft spot for meet joe black. Or maybe just a bit of a hard one for pretty Brad. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but one of them films that always seemed to be found on itv2 at 11:30pm when channel hopping and next thing I'd be sat until 1am having watched it all.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I found it a bit of a boring slog to be honest (if I remember right it has the most long pauses and looks in a movie pre twilight series) but I do like the bit where Joe speaks patois to the old woman. I don't think Brad does particularly well, I just like the scene.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Anyone here got those upfiring Atmos speakers, or tried some? Wanting to get some but can’t decide whether it’s justifiable (well, it’s totally not justifiable but you know what I mean).
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Demolition Man is an actual classic, daft/excellent lines, silly wardrobe, the works.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Simon Phoenix' future outfit is some flat up h r giger shit
  • Dungarees and orange t for the win though.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh shit aye that stuff bangs
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Went to watch Escape From Alcatraz at the New Beverly cinema last night.

Both B and I hadn't seen it yet, so it was a good time to see what the deal was with the "Tarantino cinema". It's a pretty cool place, and they seem to have a good schedule. Very much focused on showing classics (and Tarantino's own) on 35mm. Busy place though, but $10 for a double bill is a good price (they showed Dirty Harry before but we missed that).
    Missed Tarantino himself as he apparently showed up for the midnight screening of The Blues Brothers.

Enjoyed the movie, only problem for me was the sound as I often had trouble hearing what they were saying.
  • Spider-Man into the spiderverse

Holds up well on the small screen

Still looks amazing still
    Sounds amazing and the script is brilliant

Probably the best Spider-Man movie ever
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Added Meet Joe Black to my Prime list, I may resort to the FF button if it drags.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Added Meet Joe Black to my Prime list, I may resort to the FF button if it drags.

You might as well take it off your list now to save wasting your time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A tad disappointed with The Sisters Brothers. Couldn't get on with Jake Gyllenhaal's English Bob routine and even though Joaquin Phoenix did a passable turn as an outlaw on his last legs, I didn't really buy this tale of brotherly love.

The ending was also very underwhelming:
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Escape Plan - did the job, took a while to get going though tbh, could've done with being about 20 mins shorter. Still, Stallone doing what he does best, and there was an Arnold guy there too. 3/5

Showgirls - Awful acting, misogynistic, gaudy, unintentionally hilarious. I enjoyed it despite being objectively terrible. Elizabeth Berkley is so god awful in it. Everyone in the film is a horrible person except for her friend in wardrobe. 1/5, but I still liked it. Bonus Robert Savi in leopard print waistcoat.

Climax - Wanted to like this more at the time I was watching it, have liked it more today (the day after). No real plot but good dance sequences and really captures the drug-taking experience well I thought. If you've seen other Noe you'll know what to expect. Not nearly as extreme as I thought it'd be. 4/5
  • Right, I’m having some Alien 40th whatever 4K remaster goodness, haven’t seen it for ages, excited!
  • Turns out the Alien was inside him all along.
  • It gets blown out of the space lock.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sisters Brothers.

Handsome,offbeat, entertaining. Recommended.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Well it's Friday. So I guess that means yet another Alien short...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK wrote:
    Sisters Brothers. Handsome,offbeat, entertaining. Recommended.

Do you not think the ending was a rather underwhelming? (see 4 posts above)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora and I rewatched The Last jedi and that movie is a ok.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    davyK wrote:

The book is absolutely fucking astounding as is all DeWitts stuff.  Has anyone read it, if not then get on it.  Think it was booker shortlisted actually.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Right, I’m having some Alien 40th whatever 4K remaster goodness, haven’t seen it for ages, excited!

Well this took 3 sittings because of poorly child, but it’s still absolutely class init? The 3 sitting job did remove a bit of the tension, alongside the two or three dodgy monster costume moments, you know the ones:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

These seemed more prominently bad than I remember, though perhaps that’s just a natural ageing problem.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    davyK wrote:

Kind of. I was expecting a Butch Cassidy style ending. But then maybe that would be expected.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    The book is absolutely fucking astounding as is all DeWitts stuff.  Has anyone read it, if not then get on it.  Think it was booker shortlisted actually.

Will do that.
  • Introducing my boy to the joy of the Coen Brothers and Nic Cage via the brilliance of Raising Arizona. Haven't seen it myself for nearly 15 years, but goddamn if it isn't still a work of genius.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Damn that movie is amazing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!