The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Charles Dance is fucking epic.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    £29 on Xbone from India, or £33 with the expansion pass. I might wait for the Eurogamer fanboy baiting wankers to tell me if either version is borked.
    But does India still work?

Not since the Raj.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Dance pulls off the endearing clueless evolution of gaming speech pretty well.

Jane Douglas continues to be fit.
  • Indeed.  The Witcher has been kicking arse in videogames land since 2006/2007.

The first game with voice acting that really impressed me was grim fandango which is from.... 1998?
    Yeah,  that's way before gta made voice acting fashionable in Hollywood.
  • I was once properly stoked for this game.  And now I'm not so stoked anymore.  Perhaps it's because nobody says 'stoked' anymore.  I need to find a more hip adjective to describe my anticipation for this game.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I've got a fuck off BONER for this game!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm liking everything I see of this except the weird way the main character moves and (can't quite put my finger on why) the main character in general.

I may pick it up regardless, but more likely I'll wait till it's going for a stoney, or, if the reviews are lukewarm a chaluce (15 dollah bills y'all).
  • If you're not digging the main character now, you're kinda fooked. Witcher games are all about gettin' into Geralt, the character.  Ain't no face sliding Sheppard Mass Effect character generator nonsense going on here. YOU are the Witcher.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I want to believe this game will be a great thing, but my cynical mind wins out and I know, deep down, this will be merely a decent, underperformer on consoles.

Worth a chalice.
  • In all seriousness, CD Projekt have got to be one of the most earnest devs still around.  These guys giveaway DLC and shunt out updates like no ones business.  The fact that they delayed it to make it as good as they can upon initial release is also laudable.  Go Witcher!
  • All the press that I'm reading (and there seems a lot of it) has me turboed for it as Scotty T would say.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Classic Witcher epicness!
    CD project red is on fire.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I have just boughted this, the trailer coupled with my gamer tag being linked to my PayPal account meant that I could not resist!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I like the design of whatever it is at 0:55. Something I've liked about The Witcher being a fully Polish written and developed thing is that they draw a lot on traditional east European folklore for their bestiary.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I think its about time i pre-ordered this. Anyone had any recent luck with Saturday deliveries for a Tuesday release? If so, which company?
  • No. I just preordered from Amazon and hoped my prime membership,would help.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Amazon never deliver early
  • Yep, pre-ordered this last week after seeing the long sessions with youtube 'personalities'. Total dopes but the game looks great.

[font=Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

formally Gold Lazuli.

PSN: Gombreak.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I noticed the digital XBone version is only £40.49. That's gotta be a first - the download being cheaper than the disc.  :/
  • Looks like. 
    I wonder how digital sales are going?
    I'm still seeing plenty of discs on shelves in second hand shops. If might be just you lot of mad numpties and collectors. 
    From previous discussions it appears I'm in a minority on the forum with my trading practices.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • All discs come with a bunch of extra stuff so I think the digital is priced to reflect the fact that you're potentially missing out on clutter.

cbd1831c-eaa9-4f6e-86b2-72e0926b0fda._V329428620_.jpg
    formally Gold Lazuli.

PSN: Gombreak.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The day one disc copy comes with the DLC too. The download is £44.99 without DLC or £64.99 with it on the UK store. The Indian store has it at £32(!) with DLC but I can't for the life of me get that to work.

The other stores don't seem worth the bother as they're the same price as the disc version anyway.

So we're back to Curtis' original question, where do I go to get this cheap and on the day of release or even earlier?

GameCollection for £42 anyone? Who are they?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    TheGameCollection is cheapest, but i decided to take a punt on Gameseek because i swear i saw a few people posting about Saturday delivery when it was a worldwide Tuesday release. But for the life of me i can't remember what game it was. 

Hey-ho, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good man. I might go with GameCollection and see what happens. It'll probably turn up a week late.
  • That man with the white hair is awfully violent. What's wrong with him?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Good man. I might go with GameCollection and see what happens. It'll probably turn up a week late.

I've used them plenty. Good prices and service, its just they don't deliver early.
  • Curtis wrote:

I've used them plenty. Good prices and service, its just they don't deliver early.

They definitely do, I had MH4 Ultimate 2 days early, Bloodborne a day early and another I can't remember. Gameseek got the only pre order Ive had with them, the day of release.

I've gone Ps4 in the end, p's and remote play. Bought Xbox Vouchers to buy off the store but changed my mind.
  • Can't wait for this, but will have to as I'm on holiday when it comes out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!