The Twitch Thread
  • Ditto.

Edit:

Page turn humiliation... FML.
  • I use Twitch a lot.

I definitely watch more Street Fighter tournaments than television shows.
  • Well, yeah, I mean how many street fighter television shows are there?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    ALMOST NONE
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • just updated the op with http://www.twitch.tv/puncayshun/profile which is the current 120 star world record holder on mario 64. 

I wish I understood the intricacy of starcraft 2. I might actually learn to play it one day but i've got a shit laptop and even worse mouse
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's the whole Dota 2 movement that's getting to me... The character selection at the start alone can take almost 30 minutes!

And that's interesting, because I would never, in a squillion years, take up the game with any serious intent, but it's obvious that plenty of people do, and partly because of that, I want to understand it's intricacies.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    It's great fun if you've got the mates.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • i've just read up on dota, looks like a game i'd like. 

Is there counter picking for teams? 108 characters to choose from? Sounds insane
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

There was a guy who was working on an Ikuraga 1CC live on twitch. Was amusing enough..

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • eptome of frustration!
  • this is the mariokart 64 world champion, he's still really active at the moment going for 32/32 world records. He's on twitch alot if you want to bookmark it

http://www.twitch.tv/mk64mr
  • The andriod app for this is amazing with chromecast.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Last thing I caught on Twitch was the Starcraft 2 world final at Blizzcon.

I thought it would be brass' and confusing, like the MOBA tournaments, but it was not...
    The 'action' was very clear and immediate.

I'd actually recommend watching the semis and grand finals...

Taeja (the veteran, and the most successful SC2 player ever) vs Life (some teenage prodigy in his first international tournament, I think), was particularly enlightening.
  • Facewon wrote:
    The andriod app for this is amazing with chromecast.

Unless you want to watch stream archives.

twitch.tv/brianvondoom is where you'll find IFGC streams. Mainly Street Fighter IV.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Man... I'm really getting into these Starcraft streams...
    There's a big tournament out in Germany.

It's at the quarter final stage right now, and as you can well imagine, the Germans have already been knocked out... As have the Americans, the Brits, the Russians...

Everyone but the Koreans, actually:

http://www.twitch.tv/taketv

Great game. 
    Didn't think I'd appreciate it so much, given my experience with MOBA's.
  • I've only used this a little. I watched Kaz for a while, doing his 24 hours Dark Souls-athon. My mate and I streamed our 24 hour FIFAthon the other day.

Other than sporadic use, I don't have the time. I'm way behind on the TV I'd like to watch, books I'd like to read, films I'd like to see and games I'd like to play as it is, let alone spending time watching others.

I thought the integration of app and service was pretty poor. I didn't want to show comments on my TV, because it takes up too much room. I thought that logging into the app would let me see them, but no. The only way to see them was to go into the PS4 share menu which, brilliantly, cuts your stream.

I'm always baffled when services fail to deliver on what I would have thought is bare minimum functionality and integration. (Hello NowTV, you useless piece of shit.)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    There's some mental charidy' speedrunning thing going down on Twitch right now - http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick - They're currently streaming Sonic and Knuckles. Don't know how long it's going to last for, but the Mario Lost Levels one was utterly brilliant, and I can't help but feel there's another gem due in there...

Worth taking a quick glance, at least, I'd say.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    There's also a Monkey Ball speed run due.

That could be quite interesting...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Metroid Prime speedrun coming right up, though I know trying to generate interest in this event is a losing battle.

I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've caught so far though.

Really shines a light on all the stuff that MK64's in to.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I've been dipping in. Lost Levels dude was quite impressive. Will try and remember that Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are on tomorrow.
  • Some of it has been great, the Arkham City run had the potential to be amazing but fucking hell... CRINGEBOYZ

Some nerds should just shut up.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That guy doing Yoshi's Island theme on the fucking accordion was lol as shit. I like geek passion but yeah, sometimes its a bit too much.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, the nerd level has been impressive.

I caught the end of Arkham City, I think it's the first footage I've seen. It looks quite good. 

I've always dismissed it as a beat 'em up thing, but I might have to give it a bash (hahahahaha), depending on whether it accommodates unskilled button mashers.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    SPEEDBOIZ

You should look up the Dark Forces 2 speedrun for some proper "lol people didn't understand polygons" game breaking shit.

Also some guy called Witwix who is allegedly one of them YouTube guys did a cracker of a run on I Wanna Be The Boshy.

And there was an Animal Crossing GC run last night - how quick can you pay off Tom Nook.
  • Tempy wrote:
    C R I N G E B O Y Z
    regmcfly wrote:
    S P E E D B O I Z

Fixed.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good work.

YSG approved.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (Kill the animals)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    (Kill the animals)

Lol!

Btw. There's a Vanquish run going on right now, and it will be followed by an attempt on Metal Gear Rising...

Best 'runs' for me so far have been The Lost Levels (even now), and the Tetris grandmaster exhibition... Which was terrifying... You play at that level MK?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah Tetris was mindblowingly mental.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!