The Twitch Thread
‹ Previous123456766
  • So the $1bn Streaming Website "seems" to be popular. Apart from the recent fiasco where streams were shut due to copy right (ala youtube) things seem to be returning to normal now Amazon own the beast. 

I like catching things on Twitch from time to time and I know a couple more of you do to. I've no idea if this will grow huge but i'm happy to post every now and again on things i'm watching and hear about. 

Feel free to either post about stuff you are watching or the service itself. 

The worst thing about twitch imo is the live chat and the absolute drivel posted!

Top Channels:
    Mario64 - http://www.twitch.tv/puncayshun/profile
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I have a facial tic where my eye twitches when I'm under stress. I don't like talking about it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • lets not skezza
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    As I was going to say, I'll be starting a Twitch channel dedicated to my tic.

But yes the comments are bile. Twitch is neat for playthroughs.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • In general its a great place to go and check out high level play outside of a tournament surrounding. 

Not that they dont show/air tournaments - they do. But if you just wanna see how much dedication it takes to become either the fastest Mario 64 player in the world or fastest Mario Kart 64 player in the world then both players regularly stream their attempts.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    I think in general that Twitch is great and mainly watch Starcraft 2 tournaments. Also nice for checking out new games that have just been released, though staying away from Destiny spoilers atm :)
  • If I want to watch replays there's YouTube. This seems like unedited guff. I may be wrong of course ....
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    So the $1bn Streaming Website "seems" to be popular. Apart from the recent fiasco where streams were shut due to copy right (ala youtube) things seem to be returning to normal now Amazon own the beast.  I like catching things on Twitch from time to time and I know a couple more of you do to. I've no idea if this will grow huge but i'm happy to post every now and again on things i'm watching and hear about.  Feel free to either post about stuff you are watching or the service itself.  The worst thing about twitch imo is the live chat and the absolute drivel posted!

This is a good thread. Twitch is definitely changing the way we view games.
    No designer has made a blatant target of it as yet, but it's only a matter of time, and when it happens, we'll wonder why it took so long.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If someone can go back to the marunrum and dig out a post from whatever E3 thread we started talking about 360 and ps3, I'm pretty sure I was saying then, that I was most excited about online play being the ability to observe quality players, maybe commentate on matches, and viewing games becoming as much fun as playing them

It should all have been done through the systems rather than twitch, although I guess it's pretty integrated nowadays. Not yet joined next gen, so don't know
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Isn't it the channel of choice for elite tetris tournaments?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Twitch chat is the greatest thing to happen to the internet in the last 10 years.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Twitch chat is the greatest thing to happen to the internet in the last 10 years.

kappa

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I like to raise my Donger <༼ຈل͜ຈ༽>
    I do it all the time ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    and every time its lowered┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐
    I cry and start to whine ┌༼@ل͜@༽┐
    But never need to worry ༼ ºل͟º༽
    my Donger's staying strong ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    A Donger saved is a Donger earned so sing the Donger song! ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I have a facial tic where my eye twitches when I'm under stress. I don't like talking about it.

You look the sort, y'know. I once had a friend with an eye twitch, but his was triggered by information overload. 'I've set the fucking baud rate!'

There should be a channel dedicated to those with twitches doing things to twigger their twitches on Twitch. Or a slideshow of Bill Oddie. w
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Once upon a time, yes.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    If someone can go back to the marunrum and dig out a post from whatever E3 thread we started talking about 360 and ps3, I'm pretty sure I was saying then, that I was most excited about online play being the ability to observe quality players, maybe commentate on matches, and viewing games becoming as much fun as playing them It should all have been done through the systems rather than twitch, although I guess it's pretty integrated nowadays. Not yet joined next gen, so don't know

Hf9lXgE.png
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Haha!

Totally legit.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    But his avatar, but how?!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahahaha, not for the first time, I'm in love, brilliant
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also could you PM me your version of my cocko logo, I miss not having an av round here, and that looks perfect
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Can't change avs at the moment bro.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    aw baws
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Thankyou though, I laughed way too loud considering I'm at my desk
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    She's swept awards night.
  • 322883e9_the-rock-slow-clap.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Think I might start Twitch streaming myself reading and posting on the forum.

ZGz1SdI.png
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I watch a couple of people on twitch fairly regularly, mainly because the gobshite in the twitch chat is on par with the gobshite coming out of my TV when the missus has the remote.

It's mainly Dota streams [PFlax and Shane] and a few choice others.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    krs wrote:
    Think I might start Twitch streaming myself reading and posting on the forum. ZGz1SdI.png
    suuuuubbed
‹ Previous123456766

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!