101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • But also 95. Kids using American terms like garbage and sidewalk.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    23. When you get your belt loop caught on a door handle and unexpectedly get hauled back a few feet.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    When you get your belt loop caught on a door loop and don't get hauled back a few feet.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Charity dicks who think I'm going to hand over my bank details to a complete stranger in the street so they can have a fat commission and charge my account every month to save some elephant in Mongolia.
  • 4.) Johnny-Come-Latelys who spot an opportunity to pretend that they were down with something right from the very start, even though they clearly weren't.
  • Almost as bad as people who were there from the very start and won't let anybody forget it.
  • People who think the Dreamcast was the best console ever.

360 and PS3 both are far, far superior as are a lot of (almost every) other consoles.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    People who don't realise that the Dreamcast was the best console ever.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    People who think volume has numbers

1298209980.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Of course it doesn't have numbers, but the numbering scale most manufacturers use is awful.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dammit I want to agree with you Chop, but the Dreamcast comment won't let me take you seriously. Of course failed consoles from fifteen years ago are better than stuff from today
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My tv has no numbers on the volume bar.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    In Spain numbers am fuck
  • toilet paper dispensers and toilet paper which are fiddly. 

Pub toilets are the worst offenders where they have a dispenser which rips the paper as you pull it out. Or you can only get one sheet at a time. Also paper where the top layer and bottom layer aren't aligned.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The phrase 'on point'. It annoys me a lot, but I'm not entirely sure why. Annoys me on the Internet but the few times I've heard it in real life it really pisses me off.

Where did it come from? I'd never heard this phrase until a few years ago.
  • Nissan Micras. You could put Stirling Moss in one and he'd suddenly drive like he'd never seen a car before. Pre-death obviously.

An Uncle Ben ad from 15 years ago where the girlfriend is on the phone to her mate and basically slags off her boyfriends cooking. I hate every fibre of her being. On the phone otherwise I'd share the youtube link. She's up there with Mugabe, Hitler and Westlife.

Caravans. For the sole reason that I was seconded to a caravan magazine years back and almost got assaulted by readers at a caravan show when one of the crossword clues was repeatedin the subsequent issue.
  • Repeated crossword clues in my caravan magazines.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    The phrase 'on point'. It annoys me a lot, but I'm not entirely sure why. Annoys me on the Internet but the few times I've heard it in real life it really pisses me off. Where did it come from? I'd never heard this phrase until a few years ago.
    The first I recall hearing it was in rap music. MC so-and-so is always on point, or whatever.

I get mildly irritated by most such language that enters everyday conversation. 'Thanks for the heads up', 'I'm on it', etc.

Also, bit out of date now, but people who say 'Do you know what I mean?' to agree with something you said. It makes no sense and seems to be taking credit for your ideas.
  • Isn't on point a military term, possibly American, for the person at the front.
  • 'Do you know what I mean' is also used when stating the blindingly obvious. "I might take a coat as I don't want to get wet, Y'know what I mean?" Yes I can just about penetrate the dense and intricate thought processes you're articulating thanks now here's a kick in the nuts for your trouble.
  • monkey wrote:
    Repeated crossword clues in my caravan magazines.
    Heh.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You have a point man at the front of a patrol, but I think on point is more management speak for not waffling and keeping targets in sight. My housemate gets annoyde about management speak (self employed hairdresser) and had a pop at me for speaking legal jargon crap the other day when I said 'going forward', which I thought was quite an innocent and useful
  • "Addicting" ... gnnnnnnn
    "Irregardless" ... GARGARHGARGHARGHARGHARH!
  • Wonder why irregardless is so commonplace. I had a spate of using it until a friend picked me up on it, couldn't tell you why it happened.
  • "Know what I mean?" Gets a pass because it reminds me of the old Frank Bruno HP ads.

Next time someone says it just do a Frank Bruno laugh at them and call them 'Arry.
  • "I could care less"

You fucking mong that means the exact opposite of what you mean!!!!
  • "I could care less" You fucking mong that means the exact opposite of what you mean!!!!

I only ever hear Americans saying that, but yeah, right on my tits.

Okay here are mine, been wanting to vent a few of these for a while:

- people who put a single, small cup on the bottom shelf of the dishwasher at work. CUPS GO ON THE TOP SHELF YOU SELFISH BASTARD.

- people who bowls or plates in all higgledy-piggledy in the dishwasher at work. cunts.

- people who don't put cutlery in the dishwasher at work but leave them dirty and haphazardly strewn about the work surface. dick heads.

Now some less dishwashery ones:

- seconding whoever it was who said kids using American terms like 'garbage'. I'll add 'poop' to that and I blame Family Guy for its growth in use.

- should of

- airplane instead of aeroplane

- my biggest gripe at the moment, the seemingly never-ending rise of the word 'gotten' instead of 'got'. I know it's not technically incorrect, it just sounds so fucking infantile to me. "I'd gotten better last week", "I'd gotten paid" or a combination, "I'd gotten ill so needed a poop". I hear and read this word everywhere at the moment and it really fucking annoys me more than it should. Just use 'got', it's multipurpose: "I got paid last week", "I'd got better by the end of the week". Gotten. Gotten, urgh.

- People actually typing 'like': "I know, like, loads of things that annoy me".

- People who start everything with 'so': "sooooo, today I've been doing this and that"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    "the fact is" followed by completely subjective nonsense.
  • I say like and so totally ALL THE TIME. I don't even notice I'm doing it. I blame television.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!