Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
‹ Previous123456712
  • Finally got round to trying the beta for this and it's actually quite good fun. There's a few worries about balance, especially with the unlocks, but the basic game play is pretty satisfying. Could be great with a forum squad. Worth a try anyway.
  • Yep, definitely got an eye on it. The 3rd person seemed to stop it becoming a headless chicken hunt. I think the controls were the main sticking point for me, give me a custom layout and I'd find it very hard to refuse.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I said to Iain, we should try it with a full squad. I really quite like it, and it all flows rather nicely around the map. Plenty of flanking and stalking going on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I tried the beta for about 15 minutes with Webbins and didn't think much of it. I was tired, pissed and angry after a lag humping on Battlefield though, so I should probably give it another go.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Gimme a shout if you're a man short. I've not played the new gametype yet. What is it?
  • I've only seen the mode where you cycled through a set of different objectives.

There's this on the official website:

Last but not least, in thanks for the feedback you have provided, we are releasing the Saboteur game type early, today. In Saboteur use stealth and cunning to capture the explosive briefcase and detonate it on the opposing team's objective. Saboteur really emphasizes the teamwork aspect of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and we hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as we do.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cool. If people are about tonight we should try and get a game going.
  • I really liked the beta.  There was something satisfying about defending a position/nervously downloading something and hoping nobody saw me.  I felt it was nicely balanced too.

Looking forward to this.

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Spot of this tonight anyone? Really itching to try it with a full squad.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    If I could get a key I would
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Splinter Cell: Conviction must be dirt cheap by now, and it's a good game anyway if you've not played it Mod.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's open now innit? I thought the key was for early access?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I can't find a key, I seem to remember having a uPlay account but didn't see an email.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message

Splinter Cell: Conviction must be dirt cheap by now, and it's a good game anyway if you've not played it Mod.

Might pop up to blockbuster in an hour to see if I can find a copy. It's any/every copy yeah?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye any copy, no online pass or anything as far as I can tell.
  • This does seem to still be a closed beta, people on their forums are still looking for codes. The way I got mine seems to have gone as well. I don't know how much longer it runs for either, the game's out in a few weeks.

Still worth trying to play it. Far from perfect, but it seemed to slow things down enough that shouting out what was happening at all times was essential, something that's sadly gone from Battlefield. Looks far more likely to be an on-line contender than Max Payne, the videos of that look exactly like the rest of Rockstar's on-line efforts, good for a laugh a few times and that's it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    With a full team it could be great, and when I've tried on the beta I've always got on a friends team.
  • I didn't like it when I first played it, but spent quite a bit of time on it recently and when playing with a good squad it's brilliant. Never had the melee attack work yet though.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Right, I'll be on at night. Full squad plz.

Iain is on now, the little bugger. Want to join him but I'm performing a voodoo ritual to make United lose. It isn't working.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nine, not night.

Edit: scratch that, Homeland finale tonight innit. I'll be on at 10 if anyone's about.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeaaaah, yer man Paul has come through like a champ. Downloading now.

Now, what the fuck is Ghost Recon?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Nine, not night.

Edit: scratch that, Homeland finale tonight innit. I'll be on at 10 if anyone's about.
    Homeland finishes with a double episode.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sky+
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dammit.

No chance of that Mod, the Missus is sat rocking in her chair already in anticipation.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well that was utterly awful. I can excuse the crippling lag, getting stuck in the floor and other movement issues as it's a beta, but the design decision that sees you constantly detected is another matter entirely. UAVs, cameras and that intel thing where everyone on the team is punished if one of you gets knocked out by the taser mean you're visible even through cover.

Give me the spotting system from Battlefield or the CoD UAV over this shite any day.
  • Torn with this. When it works, it's really good - slow, precise and all about the teamwork. There seems to be the possibility of 'better' players being able to turn it into COD though and just running about getting quick kills, which kind of negates everything I like. I'm not sure how much is lag and how much is the bewildering amount of unlocks, but there's maybe too much that can go wrong with this for it to be a day one buy.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I liked it, there's little chance of lone wolfing it though. We were just getting battered by the yanky doodles at the end yesterday, up till then it'd been quite good. Still seemingly a temptation for people to hang back and wait for easy kills, but I'll put part of that down to people playing the Beta when they won't get the full game.

It still baffles me how some people will play a beta protecting their K/D when it'll be wiped before launch.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The guys hanging back probably had DETECTED flashing up on their screen, making them even less likely to press forward.
  • The newest member of 'Team Ghost' is a pretty crass move which is getting all sorts of negative reactions.

Still, all press is good press, right?
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Played the first mission of the campaign last night – jury's out for now.

The series seems to have been pretty CoD-ified, with little set pieces, slow-mo breaches etc.

I like the pace of the action though and the campaign is 4 player co-op so should provide some laughs.
  • Had the beta for two weeks. Fire it up every day. Fails to connect to the Ubisoft server every day. Now deleted. Won't be bothering.
‹ Previous123456712

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!