Giving to Charity - please read
  • Hi, 

Just a quick one for those of you who ever buy anything online - especially flights or train tickets etc. There is a website called https://www.giveasyoulive.com/. What happens is you download their app for your browser (there's probably a better word for it) which stays invisible until you are browsing a site which is linked with giveasyoulive. Then a little bar appears and you can choose to activate giveasyoulive. You make your purchase as normal at no extra cost and then a small % is given by the retailer to charity. It is a small % but on larger purchases like flights you will start to contribute. 

Most people here I know already give to charity and lots of us donate directly. This is an indirect way to give even more. It really is minimal hassle. It took me about 1 minute to register my details and download the application/taskbar thing. I've only contributed about £2.33 so far but i've not bought anything big. 

Please can I ask you to register and install the app thing and use this when you can? It will make a big difference to charities, especially the smaller ones affliated. 

There is a list of charities on the site, giveasyoulive will divide the money across charities or you can pick one from the list in your account settings. The charity that I do my youth work with is there so I have selected to give just to that. I'm not here to specifically pimp the charity I work with but if you wanted to contribute to that then feel free to pm me and i'll share that with you - thank you. 

I hope this doesn't come across as advertising in a bad way. The aim here is to highlight something which I think is a great way to give to charity.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I don't buy online, but that is pretty cool.

Unless Just Eat is one.
  • So it is like one of the cash back sites (Quidco etc) but instead of giving you the dollar it goes to charity.
    Seems like a good idea.
  • Can't participate myself, buddy, sorry, but I'll let my family and friends know about it. Hope that helps.
  • Righto, I'll look into it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Amazon is covered so I will try to use this when I pay for my Bone.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    That's a clever idea, will investigate.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So it is like one of the cash back sites (Quidco etc) but instead of giving you the dollar it goes to charity. Seems like a good idea.

This is what it reminds me of, I dont know if this can work with quidco or not, there is nothing on the website to say you can't do both. 

Thank you to everyone who has considered this! You're all on my christmas card list.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!