Left 4 Thred 2
  • Very well. I will be waiting.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Just send me an invote and I'll join your game
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Randoms are still playing this AND they aren't cutthroat levels of mental. Quite reasonable actually. Some people are genius at just flat out running through these levels though, some guy got ultra far on the Parish Brdige Finale, of course he was on his own so he got smoked and died, LOLLERS.
  • Yeah, if you're going to play this game independant of the rest of the survivors, you're going to have a bad time. Although having said that, was playing with a guy last night over two campaigns who consistantly made it into the Saferoom by just legging it and leaving the rest of us. It was masterful to watch.

Also, there's an achievement for The Bridge in under 3 minutes... really?!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Just been on L4D2 on 360 and I totally forgot how much harder it is to control than with a keyboard and mouse, and just how much laggier it is. Definitely a game made much more enjoyable with people you know and not randoms.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message

You just stick to the left and run as fast as ye can. When you get to the tank you ignore him and run past on those plankboard routes up the side. Once you're on the final piece of bridge (the bit that's tilted) you use some adrenaline and it's plain sailing.

Edit: Opps also forgot you need to throw a pipe bomb at the beginning as you're running up to the coach and the first horde is coming up. Once you're ahead of them you shouldn't encounter any more till the end.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    You just stick to the left and run as fast as ye can. When you get to the tank you ignore him and run past on those plankboard routes up the side. Once you're on the final piece of bridge (the bit that's tilted) you use some adrenaline and it's plain sailing. Edit: Opps also forgot you need to throw a pipe bomb at the beginning as you're running up to the coach and the first horde is coming up. Once you're ahead of them you shouldn't encounter any more till the end.

I can't seem to do this any quicker than 4 minutes with AI, because I get to the end and have to wait another minute or so for them to reach me :(
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I'll try it out later. The maps are still new to me, so I still have the WTF/dread moments.

I forgot how hilarious this game can be when the survivors lose their cool. Watched Coach accidently molotov his downed team yesterday as he tried to lob it through a window onto the Tank outside and then rush into the flames to try and rescue them. Their night ended there.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    You just stick to the left and run as fast as ye can. When you get to the tank you ignore him and run past on those plankboard routes up the side. Once you're on the final piece of bridge (the bit that's tilted) you use some adrenaline and it's plain sailing. Edit: Opps also forgot you need to throw a pipe bomb at the beginning as you're running up to the coach and the first horde is coming up. Once you're ahead of them you shouldn't encounter any more till the end.
    I can't seem to do this any quicker than 4 minutes with AI, because I get to the end and have to wait another minute or so for them to reach me :(

I'm up for a run at this achievement if you want to try it without the AI.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @humantarget

Do it on expert. That'l end them.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I'm up for a run at this achievement if you want to try it without the AI.

Confirmed! Could try tonight anytime after 2100? If it's a Weds or Thurs night it would have to be after 2200.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • The maps just aren't as intuitive as the originals in my opinion. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. They rely on the player using their GOD DAMN EYES sometimes and looking for key things like Massive Structures, Lights, Painted Ladders etc etc, but some bits like the town on the level with The Bridge in tread the line rather carefully between being a nightmare to figure out and wider than they appear... lots of horrid bits where you aren't quite sure if you're going the right where but you always are.

Got any of the DLC Lester? You need to experience No Mercy.

Edit: HT, Bollockoff, I will be getting L4D2 on PC this week, will you be up for games + luv?
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    @humantarget Do it on expert. That'l end them.
    Tried expert and got the exact same time and problem with them both times :(

@Yossarian Sure, i'll gladly do it as many times as it takes, haha.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't think I'll be around tonight, or indeed any night this week, I have stupid amounts of marking to catch up on. Maybe over the weekend.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The maps just aren't as intuitive as the originals in my opinion. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. They rely on the player using their GOD DAMN EYES sometimes and looking for key things like Massive Structures, Lights, Painted Ladders etc etc, but some bits like the level with The Bridge tread the line rather carefully between being a nightmare to figure out and wider than they appear... lots of horrid bits where you aren't quite sure if you're going the right where but you always are. Got any of the DLC Lester? You need to experience No Mercy.

Yes. We need a No Mercy game. It's the best campaign from both of the games. All the original L4D maps are on L4D2 on PC now, anyone know if there's plans to bring them all to 360?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    The maps just aren't as intuitive as the originals in my opinion.

That's Valve being clever. They have to cater to the infected players in versus don't forget. The almost labyrinthine parts of The Bridge really play to ambushes.

@humantarget

I meant shooting them dead before you raise the bridge.
  • I know, I wish I knew how they did it. Still think Swamp Fever is a clusterfuck though.

In case edit was missed: HT, Bollockoff, I will be getting L4D2 on PC this week, will you be up for games + luv in the future?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The prospect of man luv makes my microphone stalk erect. I'll see if I can can assemble some old guard I have to play online as well. Got some crazy scottish chick and a few other elite multinationals to make up a crack team.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The maps just aren't as intuitive as the originals in my opinion. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. They rely on the player using their GOD DAMN EYES sometimes and looking for key things like Massive Structures, Lights, Painted Ladders etc etc, but some bits like the level with The Bridge tread the line rather carefully between being a nightmare to figure out and wider than they appear... lots of horrid bits where you aren't quite sure if you're going the right where but you always are. Got any of the DLC Lester? You need to experience No Mercy.

Yes. We need a No Mercy game. It's the best campaign from both of the games. All the original L4D maps are on L4D2 on PC now, anyone know if there's plans to bring them all to 360?

I thought the original maps had been added to L4D2 in one of the DLC packs. I might be wrong though.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Tempy wrote:
    I know, I wish I knew how they did it. Still think Swamp Fever is a clusterfuck though. In case edit was missed: HT, Bollockoff, I will be getting L4D2 on PC this week, will you be up for games + luv in the future?

Yes. Anytime.

@optimark_prime I'm unsure. I have No Mercy and The Passing. I'll check the marketplace.
  • It seems that the remaining L4D1 maps and the map Cold Stream are in testing currently for the 360. For those of you that haven't played it, Cold Stream is a brilliant community made campaign. There's a load of brilliant ones available to download.

I went on a modded server last night that was a versus with 8 human players and 8 tanks on No Mercy. It was a little mental.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I thought the original maps had been added to L4D2 in one of the DLC packs. I might be wrong though.

Apparently, a couple of maps have in The Sacrifice, but not all of them.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    @humantarget I meant shooting them dead before you raise the bridge.

I did it finally. Killed two of them off and let Coach live, he seemed to attract all the infected to him and I breezed on by unharmed. Cheers for the tip :)
  • Well I just ordered this for PC, woo!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Well I just ordered this for PC, woo!

Yay!
  • Great to be back playing this again. Almost as much fun as the obscene messages Lester was sending me between rounds.

I got the Bridge Over Trebled Slaughter cheevo during the only time I've ever played this with randoms. I legged it after a guy who's only tactic talk in the saferoom was 'run and keep close to me'. I did and he obviously knew what he was doing...the other two never made it past the first horde.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    'run and keep close to me'.

Stuff of legends.
  • Sounds like Reg's advice when I first played L4D1... it wasn't too successful! ;-)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is this gonna be, like, a thing on 360, because MS are offering me two months of Gold for £2 at the mo.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Is this gonna be, like, a thing on 360, because MS are offering me two months of Gold for £2 at the mo.

It's always popular on here. The lobby filled up pretty quick the other night, with a bit later on almost having enough people for two full games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!