Left 4 Thred 2
  • Elmlea wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    You all called me an asshole, but I kept you fuckers alive.
    Except you didn't.  You just ran ahead and started stropping that a hunter had you, while the remainder of us happily worked through as a threesome. By the time we'd been playing it 6 months, all I did during every game was continuously say "reg, wait there; hang on, stop; wait; we're nearly there; WAIT THERE; STOP; COME BACK; WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

Rush players only work well if all four are rushing and know what they're doing.

The only other way it works is if you rush in pairs, but that is riskier as the infected will pick on the pair at the back.

PC players swing between guys who rush, guys who check every room (fucking hell...) and those who sprint comfortably as a loose pack, sweeping rooms in pairs without communicating, they just naturally split into twos that go parallel along the routes.

Its rare that you get the latter, but they are a blessing when you do.

Rushing on your todd gets you quite far because the infected will struggle to organise to get you, but you get more points for getting 4 survivors 75% of the way then one at 100% and three at 25%.

Massive tip to anyone on 360: Spawn as infected as late as possible, it really helps.
  • It appears my internet connection is now fixed (Well, slow but steady ;) ) so I might hop on Left 4 Dead one night this week.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Any interest in this tonight?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Anyone for Left 4 Dead 2 this week/this weekend? I'll play on PC or 360 pretty much whenever except tomorrow night.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Anyone for Left 4 Dead 2 this week/this weekend? I'll play on PC or 360 pretty much whenever except tomorrow night.

This again. Anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow? Bollockoff is a yes for 10:45 onwards tonight. Anyone else around before then or then?
  • Possibly, cannot confirm as of yet
  • Tempy wrote:
    Possibly, cannot confirm as of yet
    I'll probably be on it for a fair while tonight, so just let me know if you fancy a game.
  • I can play tomorrow night, tonight I'm taking the lady to try indoor skydiving and won't be back till late.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I'm available on Steam, not 'til too late though.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Drat. No one on. Was looking forward to this too. Free tomorrow!
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Drat. No one on. Was looking forward to this too. Free tomorrow!

Sorry man, I had to go out at about 10:30 :( Tomorrow is fine though.
  • What time? I'm free!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Psst wookie, they're talking about the PC version
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    @humantarget what's your Steam name? Can't seem to find the one in your signature.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Psst wookie, they're talking about the PC version
    Oh... Sod that then.
  • @humantarget what's your Steam name? Can't seem to find the one in your signature.

No one ever seems to be able to find me. I must have some weird security settings or something. I'll have a check now.
  • Right, you should be able to now.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Nope. Maybe it takes a while to work.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well it's late now. Tomorrow chaps?

I'll just grab whoever's on.

Men need to stick together on friday nights.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Sorry was out Friday watching the footy and drinking the booze.

@humantarget still can't find you on Steam. Add me and if I ever see you playing I'll joint you.
  • Sorry was out Friday watching the footy and drinking the booze. @humantarget still can't find you on Steam. Add me and if I ever see you playing I'll joint you.

Added you :) I have no idea what's going on with my account as I can't even find myself on the search.
  • But yeah, I've been terrible these past few nights for going on. If anyone ever see's me in a game then feel free to join or invite me to another :)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Do you usually play versus? Just so I can prepare. I need to take calming drugs like valium, ritalin or a cup of tea before competitive gaming so I don't rip someone's throat out verbally.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I enjoy versus, especially the fuel tank game, but I am the type to rage quit if I'm losing. I'm happy with co-op.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I like having a temper tantrum partner.
  • Ain't no rage quitting on Tempy's watch
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    THE FIRST MAN TO RUN GETS MY BAYONET THROUGH HIS THROAT! STAND AND DIE LIKE MEN!
  • Yeah, I play Versus but I'm happy doing any game mode. Free almost all weekend so I'll probably be popping on a few times :)
  • I will be around this arvo lol I am Fidace lol xox

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!