Left 4 Thred 2
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Those look like foreign words. Are you a foreigner, son?
  • Tempy wrote:
    I will be around this arvo lol I am Fidace lol xox

lol hit me up on steam bbz xx
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Big Tuna‽ I was searching for thehumantarget. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, your profile is set to private.
  • So, 8 til l8 honeypots?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Sounds good. You on Steam to?
  • Yep, Tempestora
  • 8 sounds good to me :)
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Big Tuna‽ I was searching for thehumantarget. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, your profile is set to private.

I tried searching for Big Tuna too, because it says you can search by account name, real name, email address etc. Odd. I was just basing it on the name I use to login with.
  • I'll be on Civ, just message me on steam
  • "June 29, 2012 - L4D Team
    cold_stream_460.jpg
    After months *cough*year*cough* of play testing not just the Cold Stream campaign on the PC but the entire DLC consisting of Blood Harvest, Crash Course, Cold Stream, Dead Air, and Death Toll, we are ready to release on the Xbox 360.

The date will be July 24th. There are some other surprises and details we will give you later but for now we just want to confirm an often requested feature. With the update going out at the same time (also for the PC), all of the mutations will be available at all times. This will allow players to choose to match into games playing Taannkk!, Gib Fest, or even a user created mutation like Confogl."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Does Cold Stream have unique dialogue now?
  • Been a long time since I played L4D, but aren't the level names in that DLC bundle for L4D2 just the levels from the first game?

names seem very familiar

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Been a long time since I played L4D, but aren't the level names in that DLC bundle for L4D2 just the levels from the first game? names seem very familiar g.man

Yeah, they've basically just put every campaign from the first game onto the second game. There's also a community made campaign (Cold Stream) which is pretty good also.
  • Hells yeahs!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Is it free then? Otherwise it sounds like a complete rip-off.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Valve would release it for free if they could, I reckon MS will make it chargeable. I have 'em all on the PC for free.
  • ... but having them on the PC's a bit shit, so I'm very happy they're coming to a format that suits L4D a lot better :)

I've never played Crash Course.  I'm pretty sure this now means that all the L4D maps are playable in the sequel, right?  Anyone up for some serious time to be ploughed into this on 360 as of 24 July?  I'll be home alone and probably on shifts compatible with playing on UK time.
  • Haha, what? PC suits L4D to the ground.
  • Of course it does, for the minority of people who have a PC capable of playing it on. I think Elms point was that the L4D player community on this forum is primarily 360 based.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • That isn't what he wrote! But yeah, the forum community is good for L4D but after playing it on the PC it looks like its been smeared in vaseline and the connection chunders. Still a great game but, y'know, after seeing both sides I understand why it is still played to death on the PC. Same with TF2, they could have both been contenders if Valve were able to update them as they pleased on the Xbox.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    PC 4 REG
  • regmcfly wrote:
    PC 4 REG

Samez. Much better. I'm shit at the 360 version, but a ZOMBIE KILLING MACHINE on the PC.
  • Having seen the Mumble/Skype/oh what headphones?/why doesn't my mic work? nightmares of people trying to get things like Day Z going with proper communications on this forum, my point was rather that a co-op game that relies on communication is better suited for the format with built in seamless voice comms.  

The only real advantage of the PC version, I thought, was the extra maps; the important ones of which come to the 360 in this update.  Unlike some, I've never felt the need to play a L4D mod that makes it look like everything's made out of Lego, as I thought things like this sort of defeat the whole feel of the game.

Anyway, everyone should play it on 360.  Source graphics are turd anyway.
  • I don't think they were nightmares as much as just discussing numerous options for communication.

The PC L4D2 is superior for me because it just looks better and plays better, as L4D just doesn't control as well on the 360, in my opinion. However, saying that I still really enjoy playing on the 360 too when on a forum game and I'll still hopefully get this new DLC.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Elm- you obviously don't realise that STEAM CHAT.

Also it's so good that I play Diablo 3 through steam to get it going.
  • I'm with Elm... 360 > PC.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    the format with built in seamless voice comms.

That's exactly what L4D 2 PC has. Even without Steam chat, the in-game voice com works like a charm.
  • Have you naysayers played it on PC?

I'm not saying the 360 one is bad, it's just it is a more natural fit on the PC. Sure live had the friend network etc, but I've played both and I'm judging the game on its merits, not on my friend list, and it is just better in the PC. But that's only because I had as much fun in the first few days of playing it on PC as I have on the Xbox. User experience may vary I guess.
  • I haven't played it on PC.

I couldn't be fucked, faffing around getting a PC to play games, when I've a perfectly good console that just requires me to insert the disc.

I care not for graphics, hence I've as much enjoyment playing a 20 year old console (MD or SNES) as I have with the current gen.

Xbox LIVE + EDGE forum + L4D = perfect nights gaming.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • It's about as difficult as hooking up a console these days. I'm not disputing how good it is on the Xbox, I've played both. Everything is just smoother on the PC. Opinions/onions etc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!