Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    See Dan, THIS is how you handle your thread being lightly derailed.  Eventually they'll lose interest and you can resume spruiking your wares at no cost.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    NeoUdtv.png
    Go North.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd love to do proper weight training but my knees are fucked and my heart's a bit wonky (been on heart meds a coupla years now). Toned seems to be my goal point, rather than the buff phwoar I'd wish to be.
  • Nice lifts Skerret. Your squats and deadlift is disproportionately low though?

I wish I started my OHP earlier, it's so shit lol.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I'd love to do proper weight training but my knees are fucked and my heart's a bit wonky (been on heart meds a coupla years now). Toned seems to be my goal point, rather than the buff phwoar I'd wish to be.

Hey man, I don't know about your condition but you can still train without stressing your knees. Squats are ace but you can work around them. When I first started I barely broke a sweat lifting and it didn't really feel like a workout compared to cardio. Perhaps you could take it slowly until you find your limits?

aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its arthritis in both knees, I can do some bench type stuff but standing free weights etc, which I'd actually love to do, would put too much strain on them. Heart problem is exceptionally high blood pressure, which meds has helped massively but if I get overactive it feels like my chest is gonna burst.

I'm happy with my sit up/press up routine at the moment but its only gonna get me so far.
  • Skerret wrote:
    NeoUdtv.png
    Go North.

This does not compute for my body....
  • Skerret wrote:
    See Dan, THIS is how you handle your thread being lightly derailed.  Eventually they'll lose interest and you can resume spruiking your wares at no cost.

In fairness Dan's thread was less lightly derailed and more plummeted off the cliff in screams and burning flames.

I can barely lift 10kg with my weak noodle arms. Have pitiful upper body strength. Got thighs I could kill a man with though.
  • What do you want Lester? Size and power?

Give me an example of your 5x5 on say chest press. Weight from start to finish and the decay your strength takes towards the end.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    This does not compute for my body....

Hulk_Cash.gif
  • Verecocha wrote:
    What do you want Lester? Size and power?

Give me an example of your 5x5 on say chest press. Weight from start to finish and the decay your strength takes towards the end.

Well I'm following Stronglifts so my Bench is warming up 2x5 bar, 1x3 40kg and then 1x3 50kg. Working set is 62.5kgs 5x5. 3 minutes in between sets and the final 4 on set 5 are tough because I discovered a form issue. I was benching at collarbone level instead of sternum so I was using way too much shoulder. I've deloaded to 55kgs (bit excessive) to make sure I correct my form. Each successful session completion = +2.5 kgs next time. Except Deadlifts which is +5kgs.

aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Its arthritis in both knees, I can do some bench type stuff but standing free weights etc, which I'd actually love to do, would put too much strain on them. Heart problem is exceptionally high blood pressure, which meds has helped massively but if I get overactive it feels like my chest is gonna burst.

I'm happy with my sit up/press up routine at the moment but its only gonna get me so far.

Shit that sucks ass man. Are you able to eventually bring your BP down?

Maybe the machine weights are doable?

aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nice lifts Skerret. Your squats and deadlift is disproportionately low though? I wish I started my OHP earlier, it's so shit lol.
    Yep, courtesy of having to reboot my squat about 4 times cos of knees.  All good now though, on the way back.  Or would be if my left shoulder wasn't playing up.  Lifelong issue that one though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Outlaw wrote:
    In fairness Dan's thread was less lightly derailed and more plummeted off the cliff in screams and burning flames. I can barely lift 10kg with my weak noodle arms. Have pitiful upper body strength. Got thighs I could kill a man with though.
    I think that only really happened once he took off.  Prior to that it was a natural reaction to the thread achieving its stated purpose within six posts or so.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Shit that sucks ass man. Are you able to eventually bring your BP down? Maybe the machine weights are doable?

Ah its not too bad, it gives me an excuse to be lazy. BP is way down, but will prob be on meds a while. I'll join a gym in the new year and have a trainer work with me, get a regime sorted.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good man.  Plenty of stuff you can do from a seated or supported position for front and back.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    What's this thread of Dan's, then?
  • Skerret wrote:
    Nice lifts Skerret. Your squats and deadlift is disproportionately low though? I wish I started my OHP earlier, it's so shit lol.
    Yep, courtesy of having to reboot my squat about 4 times cos of knees.  All good now though, on the way back.  Or would be if my left shoulder wasn't playing up.  Lifelong issue that one though.

That's so frustrating having to reboot. My knees have been OK but the top of my knee caps are starting to complain and I've lost some hip and hamstring mobility because of new muscle tissue. I can still kick head height but getting a deep squat without weight to push me down is pretty uncomfortable.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    nyah
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    That's so frustrating having to reboot. My knees have been OK but the top of my knee caps are starting to complain and I've lost some hip and hamstring mobility because of new muscle tissue. I can still kick head height but getting a deep squat without weight to push me down is pretty uncomfortable.
    Foam rolling and stretching?  Compo cricket ball is a life saver for grinding out the tension.
  • Verecocha wrote:

Well I'm following Stronglifts so my Bench is warming up 2x5 bar, 1x3 40kg and then 1x3 50kg. Working set is 62.5kgs 5x5. 3 minutes in between sets and the final 4 on set 5 are tough because I discovered a form issue. I was benching at collarbone level instead of sternum so I was using way too much shoulder. I've deloaded to 55kgs (bit excessive) to make sure I correct my form. Each successful session completion = +2.5 kgs next time. Except Deadlifts which is +5kgs.

Tell me you're using suicide grip too. That'll add a good 5% easily. If you want size and strength I'd maybe keep the breaks but drop that amount of sets. 2/3 warm up then 2/3 absolute balls to the wall sets. That way your best work is at your highest weight not your medium weight.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Tell me you're using suicide grip too. That'll add a good 5% easily. If you want size and strength I'd maybe keep the breaks but drop that amount of sets. 2/3 warm up then 2/3 absolute balls to the wall sets. That way your best work is at your highest weight not your medium weight.

To be honest I'd be terrified holding a Suicide Grip with a weight above me. I use it for squats but I'd shit myself benching with it!

I've got to commit to Stronglifts for another 7 weeks with no deviation from the program but I imagine it will have switched be to 5x3 before the 7 weeks is up.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Foam rolling and stretching?  Compo cricket ball is a life saver for grinding out the tension.

I stretch at the end of Muay Thai but I'm definitely going to have to start foam rolling at home.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    nyah

Myah, I see.
  • I lifted a weight once.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We bid you welcome to our church brother; you can collect your robe from the registration desk behind the leg press.
  • What is suicide grip? And is it against this church's religion?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Also, advice on shoes please. Adidas Power 2.0 will do the trick? Any recommendations?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!