Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's the only lift I'm managing not to injure myself in. Shame everything is pants, I nearly snapped in half doing a 60kg power clean last week, welp
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • 140kg for 5 at cough <92> cough. I have really thick bones you see.

Edit: There's always a question with squats whether they were 'actual proper squats', or if they are the little quarter squat hops that you sometimes see. I think it's better to talk about deadlift numbers, as you can't cheat those. There's a guy in my office who gives squat numbers which are ~50kg heavier than his deadlifts, which makes me think hmmm.... 

According to symmetric strength, squats are my worst lift, so I wonder if those quarter squats are pushing the bell curve out.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    There are different style of squats. Most power lifters and body builders will not break hip crease on their squats. Weight lifters and strength will go ass to grass, with a 1-2 second pause at the bottom. Just different styles. Although it is a little harder to come up out of ass to grass with the pause.
  • That too, though I think that they are more similar than the quarter squat is to either. In any case, self reported squat numbers aren't worth much.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    140 for 5 is nothing to shy away from. Good numbers indeed. Better than mine for sure.
  • I am really happy with it, but there's plenty of improvements to be had. I need to lose some weight, so I should forget about pbs for a few months.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well there's always room for improvement, that's part of the appeal in strength training. Even incitements of 1 or 2 kg make the world of difference. I'm just above recovered from my back flipping out on me so it's back to the grind today. Looking forward to it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My back has flipped out on me, all fucked up on one side, making squats very painful on the way down.

Great numbers voices, I can only dream of a 3 plate squat. Gimme a year with a personal physio, training, eating, sleeping, a stipend and nowt else and I might get there.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah, fucking loading the bar tonight for cleans and lower right back went again. Physio it is most likely. Plenty of water tonight. I hate being injured. Puts me in bad form! 

Going to lift with Clarence Kennedy on Saturday so I better be able by then! :)
  • *gasp*

You lucky so and so!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Lifting with Clarence, that is, not the bit about doing your back in again. Obv.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well, I'll be lifting and making a fool of myself with miserable numbers while he destroys the Universe. There'll be a good crew there, I'll try and post some pictures.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just in case anyone's interested, a team from the gym I used to go to in Amsterdam will be competing at the Crossfit regionals in Berlin this weekend.

Am super happy for them, think they ended up in 3rd place in the Open so should have a chance for Game tickets. Look for Team Punt Uit if you're gonna watch some of the livestream.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Cool, best of luck to them :)
  • Best of luck to them Nina. Just a shame it’s CrossFit...hehe.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Best of luck to them Nina. Just a shame it’s CrossFit...hehe.

Vere have you seen the crossfit games competition? I think you'd struggle on the non strength stuff bro. That's shit is hard.
  • Deadlift, pirouette, deadlift, pirouette...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Best of luck to them Nina. Just a shame it’s CrossFit...hehe.

Vere have you seen the crossfit games competition? I think you'd struggle on the non strength stuff bro. That's shit is hard.

The weight wouldn’t be much of an issue, all that crap form would be....

Sorry sorry sorry, I mean alternative form.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm with Vere on this one
  • Sounds like we should call netflixs. we have the making of a one off show.... vere and skerret take on crossfit challengers (and DESTROY THEM!)

I think it could work :)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Vere at least they still have the flexibility to take on and off their own clothes (sport bras are the worst thing to get off actually).

The team is currently in 2nd place after two days, first day went great (1st and 2nd place), second day would never be their day but they still are in the top 5. Placed 9th and 15th.

Not looking for a form discussion, I know 2 of the team have gymnastics backgrounds, and in our gym no one would train you things you weren't ready for (no chest to bars if you couldn't do strict pull ups, kipping was sometimes tested but it was just the technique, see if there were mobility issues).
    If you're in it to win it, you gotta sacrifice things on the competition floor, I think every form of top sport has negatives that aren't healthy or pretty. It is changing a little bit within the Crossfit community, and people are doing the strict and sometimes boring stuff more and more. Active Life RX is the example of a company that gives valid advice for coaches and athletes.
    I hope it changes though, the quality of boxes needs to go up and not be so WOD focused.

(and just to be clear, I'm not judging you on your poor flexibility you mentioned a page ago, you're still happy with your looks and results. Same goes for the Crossfit athletes I know, they are well aware when they have to go ugly, but they train hard to avoid it as much as possible. Everyone has a different point where they don't find something acceptable anymore)
  • Speedhaak wrote:

@Speedhaak how was it? Just watched his lately YouTube vid, 280kg squat for a triple. Ass to grass. Made it look easy.
  • I don't understand how Clarence isn't being shipped off to the Olympics.
  • Because PEDs probably.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • But is that any different for the other lifters?
  • I think he was meant to be at Rio 2016 but not sure what happened. He has switched to powerlifting now.
  • Interestingly enough, I just did a quick google search, and there's an interview where he says that all the other lifters are on PEDs, but the ones that win medals and are in places that don't test for them. Presumably he'd get tested in the Irish team while training, so he can't compete.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    @Speedhaak how was it? Just watched his lately YouTube vid, 280kg squat for a triple. Ass to grass. Made it look easy.

Yeah. He made a 170 snatch and 205 clean and jerk on the day. Complete weapon. There were some great lifters there though, Eoin Murphy is very strong too. Clarences best snatch is more than I can deadlift :P

Crai
  • Impressive gym at Hotel Tentrem in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. They actually have a power/squat rack and a flat bench with Olympic bars and every (crappy) machine you can think of too.

If only I brought my raining shoes. Gonna have to go bare feet. Guy at gym in Jakarta (in second session I did) told me not to take shoes/trainers off for health and safer etc blah blah blah. I only had my running/comfy trainers so was wobbling in squatting and stuff. So he agreed I take off for sets then put back on immediately. Good enough I guess.
  • I got told to put my shoes back on in a council gym once - I think it just shows ignorance on behalf of the person asking. I've injured my back a couple of times with the wrong shoes, and never as a result of not wearing them. Given I don't wear steel toe caps, I'm not sure what good the shoes would do for injuries anyway?

I managed what I think was a bench PR yesterday, though I'm genuinely not 100% sure as I don't do it that much - 112.5kg for 5.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!