Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Limit for me to seems to be legs which are long. I don't need a belt for deadlifting (thus far anyway) cos I think my core strength seems to be a strong point. I'm still only 120kg for 3x5 for squats so I can see reaching 140 for a single eventually
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm built to press - wide chest, shortish arms. It makes buying jackets hard, but benching easier. It also makes deadlift hard as I have to carry the bar further.
  • Kinda opposite for me. My presses are rubbish. I have narrow shoulders and chest. Arms are I think quite long.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No idea what my best exercise is. Possibly squat. 

Mobility is good. Learning to snatch and my PT is amazed. Hasn’t had to do any mobility work on/with me. Shoulder mobility is good but it’s my squatting down ATG that he likes. I can literally have my bum touching my heels or so while bare feet planted firmly on ground and back almost straight. With my powerlifting shoes on, back is straight and vertical. 

Generating power for the snatch will be the hard part.
  • voices wrote:
    I'm built to press - wide chest, shortish arms. It makes buying jackets hard, but benching easier. It also makes deadlift hard as I have to carry the bar further.

Me and you baby. Me and you. Pressing is as hot as oven cooked shit. Pressing is for the gods.
  • No bench pressing for me period. Had an enforced 6 week break from gym work due to fucking up my left shoulder again with a bench press exercise, heavier than normal weights and something went in my shoulder. Anyway its not been right for years. But basically any sort of bench press exercise with heavish weights causes havoc and is out of the question. Think its an age thing and wear and tear. Physiotherapist said my shoulder clicking when doing a 360 degree rotation is not a hood sign. In a nutshell your getting old so be sensible.

My best exercise is anything involving ab work, shame i have a layer of middle age fat covering up what could be a pretty decent 6 pack.
  • Front squats are cardio. Fuck front squats.
  • I have to do them (for cleans). They’re awkward.

Did paused high bar squats today. Don’t mind them that much.
  • Incline Chest day today. It was amazing. And it meant I needed a nap when I got in. Fabulous.
  • Incline bench pump is the best pump.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    190 DL 2x a very slow, ugly 5

STILL COUNTS
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Excellent!

I've just about got 110 down for 1 x 5 but grip is struggling. Time to break out the liquid chalk.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Get some fat gripz, they are a wonder
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just googled. They look good. Think I’ll get a set. Cheers.
  • They will make your grip stronger, by making it harder to hold things. Just to be clear.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh yeah, grip trainers they are.

If you want to sidestep the grip issue get straps, which are also a wonder. I can go as high as 160 double overhand pretty cleanly but it gets shaky after that so straps it is.
  • Errrr...Game Changers on netflix. Wow. How could everything i know about protein be so wrong. Eye opener. Results from athletes who are on plant based food sources only are insane.
  • Oh, that’s the one that’s supposed to be full of bullshit? Not seen it myself, just read a bit about it on Andy Morgan’s page (cos I can’t be bothered to listen to podcast by Greg Nuckols). 

https://rippedbody.com/game-changers/
  • Id have a watch if your interested hylian. The actual doc is very compelling. There was a american powerlifter and another guy who has the guiness book of records for the heaviest lift of all time on the documentary.

Quite a few doctors citing clinical studies and a list of athletes a mile long. Quite a few noticable names: lewis hamilton, tom brady, lionel messi, arnold schwarzenegger, jackie chan. Some boxers and track stars etc.

Personally i was quite convinced. These guys are claiming it massively improved their energy, wellbeing. Allowwd them to run longer, lift more, get less sore and recover faster etc.
  • It made me think. Most prob needs a rebuttal from a non bro site..
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    New pr in the power clean and jerk; 106kg at 78kg b/w - Training on a little slump at the moment after new baby arriving early :)

Did a workout on Monday: 100kg DL with Burpee Pull ups 10-1 (So 10 reps of each, then 9, 8 ect...) and I am in bits now, lower back is tight AF!

Gz on the 190 DL Skerret, huge number!
  • Nice! I’m still very much learning to snatch but not going too well. Right shoulder injury from ~12 years ago has flared up. Gonna need some physio. Don’t think my shoulder is liking that overhead position.
  • Hylian be very careful if your getting pain in shoulder when lifting weights above shoulder height. I have that issue at present. It takes a long time to heal and comes back even quicker if your not very careful.
  • Yeah cheers. I’ve stopped the snatch overhead position for now, feeling better already. Have been practising first and second pukks for now and will see a physio this weekend hopefully. 

Clean overhead position (slightly wider than my shoulder press overhead position) is fine.
  • Isn't this where you drop to vanity weights and build back up, or have I got it wrong?
  • Only been doing empty bar as I learn the movement and even that wasn’t agreeing with me. Could be how I’m doing it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong. My trainer is a bit of a noob but I can’t afford the more experienced guy at city gym near work.
  • What is vanity weights? Need to go google
  • Heh completely didn’t understand / misunderstood what Griff said. Looked up ‘vanity weights’... not sure Griff’s post follows...
  • I meant super light weight.
  • Stopped snatching for now and limited pressing due to shoulder aggravated. Started cleans today and enjoyed it a lot! Not gonna jerk yet until shoulder is sorted.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!