Titancall Of Duty
‹ Previous123456
  • No thread on this divisive game already so might as well be one here. I know CoD is a bit of a dirty word/phrase/acronym, but we all play it even when we pretend we don't for fear of mocking. Having played pretty much every CoD game, I got quite excited when I read that this was being compared to CoD4 by the reviews, most of which are glowing. So why is it that the game I'm playing is a bit...well....difficult to know how to put this.....shit! 

I'll be up front and admit I haven't touched the campaign at all and just dived into MP for 3-4 hours last night but I came away wondering what all the fuss was about. It's Black Ops 2 but more "meh" and with big bits of Crysis 2 ripped off and shoehorned in. The same BlOps2 sterile futuristic levels with zero character, the same made-up weapons with silly sights (one of the LMG's is utterly unusable because of this) and the same overblown killstreaks and perks that have ruined every CoD since MW2. As for the jumping around in a suit nonsense, it may well be to blame for the very generic level design, which has to accommodate people wanting to stand on every roof, but they really are dull. I can only think of one level that wasn't from generic sci-fi, future tech 101 catalogue, and that was more fecking jungle ruins. And if you have to rip of Crysis 2, double jump suit, cloaking and all, at least put in the best part, the ground pound style move that made that so much fun (and it's levels were far better as well).

I'll give it more time, and try the campaign, but I actually prefer Ghosts to this by miles, for all its flaws.
  • I think its much better than ghosts but its not the game changer most of the reviews would have you believe, for the most part its a double jump as the dash is pointless (watching the usual k/d whores struggle with this has been fun). I played the s/p for about two hours and its the same boring follow someone through corridors nonsense, the co op isn't bad but I would have liked to see a return to the spec ops missions.

Titanfall is a much better m/p game than this, the new cod feels so slow and restrictive in comparison.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Not interested in the MP, I just love s cod campaign of crazy stories and explosions and I'm really enjoying this one. Think I've only got one or two missions left and then I'll go through on veteran. Looks lovely, great weapons, like all the future tech, really enjoying it.
  • I'm kind of in two minds about picking this up. Haven't touched a COD since Bad Company 2 became the multiplayer of choice but having missed the boat on Titanfall, I'm quite eager for a FPS in the absence of a new Battlefield.

Part of me thinks I may just want it coz I need something to play before Far Cry
  • Haven't played a CoD since MW2, and have zero interest in doing so - outside of maybe giving the SP a spin. Although since I haven't done that since MW2 either, maybe my interest in it is less than I thought.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    No interest. Will get MCC next tues for multiplayer arena thrills. I have about four friends who buy Fifa and CoD every year and don't play anything else, they aren't really that interested in gaming. I think it suits them perfectly, which is why I guess, I've never had any interest, as they are aimed directly at those demographics.
  • Feeling tempted purely so I can co op the campaign with a colleague and maybe DJR. Feels like a huge punt though, as someone who's never enjoyed the series. But I do love robots.
  • The double jump has spoiled the level design IMO. There's no flow because the jump removes the ability of the designers to predict the direction of play. You can really tell when you play the classic non exo mode. In that mode it feels like Blacklight Redemption. Big, open, poorly designed levels with no outstanding features to remind you where you were on the map!
  • I still say MW1&2 are fucking great games in campaign and online multiplayer. This is the first one I've really been interested in since then but not so much that I didn't get caught off guard by its release.

I got a new copy of Medal of Honor for £3 recently so I'll play that instead. I remember Dante saying the SP was worth a blast.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Feeling tempted purely so I can co op the campaign with a colleague and maybe DJR. Feels like a huge punt though, as someone who's never enjoyed the series. But I do love robots.

There isn't co op campaign is there? There's a co.op horde/Firefight type thing
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • oh..if that's right thanks for the info you saved me some money
  • The co op is a standard wave based mode, no s/p co op.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    I still say MW1&2 are fucking great games in campaign and online multiplayer. This is the first one I've really been interested in since then but not so much that I didn't get caught off guard by its release. I got a new copy of Medal of Honor for £3 recently so I'll play that instead. I remember Dante saying the SP was worth a blast.

MoH has a superb SP. One of the best in the last generation of military shooters. You'll never be so glad to see virtual helicopters.....MP was OK but was really DICE experimenting before BF3 came out and had major issues with spawn camping. I doubt anyone still plays it but I ended up liking it so much I platinumed it.

MW was great but MW2 fell too quickly to the hackers. Some great maps though.
  • Only watched a few videos so far, but they did an amazing job with the audio, massive improvement on the previous games.  I'll be playing it at some point for sure.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • audio totally needed replenizhi yes
  • Ali wrote:
    MW was great but MW2 fell too quickly to the hackers. Some great maps though.
    That's the fucker with annual updates. If they had a different business model, MW1 could have had a the maps from MW2 and an upres every few years and been the new Counter Strike. Quietly making them a fortune every year with none of the cost of making a AAA game every year.
  • I think its fantastic. How can people can say the new movement abilities are pointless? They make the game feel fresh again and are adding a whole new dimension to the MP. 

The MP is excellent, immediately rewarding, and boosting and double jumping around the map is great fun. The maps are really well designed on the whole as well. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise. They've been designed from the ground up with verticality in mind and they've done a smashing job.

Play more and come back and tell me it's still no good. Comparing it to the abomination that was Ghosts is comical.
  • I don't even know what game you are all talking about.
  • The arguments I'm hearing against map design are there are very few choke points so map control is virtually impossible.
  • I am having a blast with the m/p but its still CoD and it still has the same issues as every other CoD, quick scoping, drop shots and some f**king horrible spawns (hardcore is the only way I can play this as the lag compensation is ridiculous, the better your connection the more shots it takes to kill people).
  • Are you lot on about cod or titanfall or something else?
  • CoD: Advanced Warfare. It has exosuits in it which are a little bit like Titans in practise, but smaller.

First post kinda nails it as Call of Duty.
  • I played about 3 hours last night on PS4. The connections and match-making are absolutely all over the place at the moment. To be expected on day one, I guess. When everyone's on a 3 or 4 bar connection it's a pretty decent MP. I bought it primarily to play with a group of friends and it's a good laugh. It's no COD4, but then, what is. My big bug-bear at the moment is that the guns don't have any real weight to them and there's no sense of them having much in the way of power. Perhaps that's down to the guns I'm using.
  • Just watched a video review of it.

Looks very much a lesser titanfall with all the COD shite that COD does.

No fanks.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • TreD wrote:
    I am having a blast with the m/p but its still CoD and it still has the same issues as every other CoD, quick scoping, drop shots and some f**king horrible spawns (hardcore is the only way I can play this as the lag compensation is ridiculous, the better your connection the more shots it takes to kill people).

That explains a lot. Had some kid with a 1 bar connection in a lobby getting 24-3, 19-2 etc every game. Despite using a dual wield SMG, he was getting one shot kills.
  • That's shit PSN for ya!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's shit net code, more like.
  • Is that what lag switches exploit?
  • Anybody played on 360?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think its fantastic. How can people can say the new movement abilities are pointless? They make the game feel fresh again and are adding a whole new dimension to the MP. 

The MP is excellent, immediately rewarding, and boosting and double jumping around the map is great fun. The maps are really well designed on the whole as well. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise. They've been designed from the ground up with verticality in mind and they've done a smashing job.

Play more and come back and tell me it's still no good. Comparing it to the abomination that was Ghosts is comical.

How does it fare in comparison to Titty?
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!