Overwatch 2 is in Beta and apparently they’ve changed all sorts!
  • Played one match on Anubis. Went to 4-4 after a last second quintuple kill with Rein. Baby starts screaming so I have to leave the room before the game ends and I get removed for inactivity.

Bleugh.
  • I'm tempted to troll my games and see how low I can get my rank...

Don't fuck it up so much that we can't play together again.
  • Had to quit out of two games yesterday... I reckon I'll be low plat. Maybe gold? Everyone has been shit on both teams. Ults from spawn and stuff.

Oh god...
  • Haven't started my placements yet but I reckon I'll be in the same boat, Tiger. Finished S3 mid plat after a losing streak and I've seen many a plat/gold PSN friend place a couple of hundred SR down, same kinda thing as last season. Oh well.
  • Epic changes afoot on the PTR, cheers to Prankster for the shout.

"A team no longer has to completely capture one more objective than their opponent to gain a win. If both teams have the same score and run out of time, we now compare the maximum capture% of each team on the last objective they were both trying to complete. The team with the highest capture% on that objective wins."

Combined with the increase in spawn times for defenders if attackers have man advantage on the point this should sort out the draw issue once and for all.

Also, Eichenwalde gets a new route to point A, and Lucio gets a makeover!

"Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50. Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation. Song's area-of-effect radius decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters. Healing-per-second has been increased by 50% (also applies to Lúcio's Amp It Up ability). Sound Barrier radius decreased from 30 meters to 20 meters. Wall Ride movement speed increased by 30% when wall riding and now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall."

Love this. Jeff said he wanted to make Lucio less of a must pick but more engaging to play, looks like he really meant it. The cowardly passive Lucio's out there will no doubt moan and whine but for those of us who love to be in the thick of it getting their hands dirty this sounds like it could be amazing!

Will be checking out some streams promptly.

• Sty trying out the new look Lucio. You can also see the Eichenwalde change, a link from the music shop to the right of the choke to the small corridor inside the choke.
  • The Lucio nerf to his healing range will make him next to useless as a team healer.

Better offensively, but a worse support.

Ana still remains the best healer, with Mercy second now.
  • He'll work really well now operating just behind the tip of the spear. That's how I've always found him most enjoyable to play, so I'm pretty happy with these changes.

Good stuff.
  • Really happy with the Lucio change as well. His passive healing was pretty poor and the increase is worth the AoE nerf. You just have to be in the mix, which absolutely works for me. Looks like you'll actually be able to keep tanks up now.
  • So, what does everyone think of Orisa then? Didn't get to play her on Tuesday but managed to grab a few games late last night and really clicked with her. An anchor tank for sure but very different from Rein in the way she does it. She's certainly not a replacement for the old man.

And despite peeps saying she works best in defence I loved playing her in attack on payload maps, that measured push she can facilitate works great with a 222 setup. Love her gun as well (but then I've always been fond of projectiles), and from the gold medals I was getting there's really no issue with her damage or killing power. And that ult! The Magic Death Bongo is a bona-fide team fight winner.

So far so good.

• Also, how fucking adorable is she? Her jump makes her skip along like a gazelle, and dem emoticon eyes <3

CicLbVn.jpg
  • Getting first go with her (hopefully) this evening on PC, intend to shoot many folks and troll with her right click as much as possible. She so cute.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Aww man that right click is a joy! Or not, if you're on the other team. An enemy Orisa used it to eject five or six of my team from the map during a round on Lijiang Tower Gardens. Myself included.

I was Lucio so thought I'd return the favour, dodged the incoming bullets and dropped to the side of her ready to boop her into the floating fish pond. She read me like a book, Fortified as I booped, solid as a rock, then murderised me in the face. Even did the kicking dirt emote. Rekt.
  • I had terrible placements, and because I played next to no comp last year (and I'm not very good) started on 915 SR.

I don't get to play often, so my rank is often 100 points less through no fault of my own when I do play.

I played about eight games this week and in five of them, have had a player on our team leave after the first round, sometimes even on a win.

Getting penalised because someone else leaves is very frustrating and makes climbing the ranks next to impossible
  • Having destroyed my Mmr I got placed about 500-600 (!) down on where I placed in season 3.

Gradually hauling it back. At about 2600 now. The nice thing is can play a variety of characters at this rank so I've been using Zarya, Soldier, Orisa and a few others. Winston has been great fun.

I reckon I can get back up to Diamond, or close, but it'll take a lot of grinding. Aim is 2800.

New event next week!
  • Think I need to set my status to offline when playing this...  Joe is like a bloody curse.

Or really bad...
  • Game servers on PC are fooked, they were down for a while yesterday too.
  • It's pretty good. Only quickly thrashed through Normal with randoms to see the content but I imagine it gets pretty ferocious on harder settings.

Some really nice new skins.
  • It's hard on Normal without the right team. Mercy is a necessity for the Revives.

Like all of the new skins too, so hopefully I pick a few up.
  • What revives?

The Mercy skin is the main one I want. Along with Reinhardt, of course.

On a different note, I really need to stop experimenting with other heroes in Competitive. Getting to grips with Mei now but I really need to just stick with Soldier or someone to drag myself back closer to Diamond.
  • Really like the event but don't think much of the skins, Genji excluded, so bland (edit: Okay, Mercy's isn't that bad). D.Va's selfie highlight intro tho, pure Blizz magic!

Found normal to be super easy, the harder difficulties are much more fun from what little I've played. They got the balance spot on with the standard heroes as well, playing it in "any heroes" highlights this with many being crazy OP.
  • And Lucio, aww yeah! My most played hero, I've always treated him as a super agro, in your face, boop machine and this update is perfect for me. The reduction in song AoE ain't nothin', y'just gotta move babee!

Can see plenty of lazy plebs wailing and crying about the raised skill requirement but srsly, fuck 'em. Git gud or git rekt, scrubs.
  • Reaper is pretty OP for the All Heroes mode.

Pharah is good too.
  • Turns out Mercy is fun to use. I should probably branch out to other characters more often.
  • I like Mercy a lot. Haven't tried Nu-Lucio yet.
  • Started my smurf only to get rekd by better smurfs. Dammit.

Well, I started it 3 months ago but it's not very fun playing Quick Play so I just left it.
  • Smurfs are everywhere on PS4 as well. I'm warming to QP again, helps to be in team of lovely folk who are all pretty damn good though. Less salt than comp as well, as much as I enjoy a good comp game I hate how angry I get during them.

Played some Mystery Heroes last night between rounds of Uprising and got teamed with the mighty Dark Assassinator, number 1 ranked EU region PS4 player in S1 and S2. Still a top 10 stalwart. Was a little starstruck, he even waved at me...
  • I've lost several times on All Heroes PvE on Normal because of idiot teammates rushing in, then other idiot teammates rushing to revive them.
  • Still have this after Thunder Mentalist(Chris) convinced me to buy it.
    Threw it to the side as bored of the (cheat) play of the week bored me.
    Still kept it but no one ever plays it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!