Podcasts
  • Episode 70 for those into their cardboard.

https://werenotwizards.podbean.com/e/jameshudson/

The Grimm Forest racked up over 400k on kickstarter and I spoke to its creator James hudson.
    Any listens would be much appreciated.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'll download a load and listen on my long drive tomorrow mate :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Thank you mate. will be doing a dark souls boardgame special in the next couple of weeks as well.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That'll be a short episode.

"Hi welcome to we're not wizards. Today we're talking about the Dark Souls boardgame. It's absolute shite. That's all for this week. Goodbye!"

;)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    (I've been listening btw. I like it.)
  • Tempy wrote:
    I'm not personally intimate with Rogan's output but is he not a prize tool? Big pseudoscience believer, into all that "supplements for making u smart that I sell so they work" shit? Massive pothead? Pretty miso?

Happy to be updated, he just sounds "the bad"

He is. Homophobic to boot.

Second time you've stated that in here and still I don't see it. He's alright. He's a tool yeah but he's not hurting anyone.

Honestly don't see how you can dislike someone you've never met so much. Aside from Trump of course.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I listened to maybe 30 of his podcasts and it gradually dawned on me that he is a nasty, quite stupid, bully. He used the term faggot on a number of occasions, maybe that doesn't mean he's homophobic but that's what it indicates to me.

What riles me as that someone as stupid and nasty as he is has such influence, and people lap his shit up.
  • He talks about stuff uninterrupted by ads with interesting people for long periods of time, totally uncensored. That's a big draw. It's also a relatively new thing. He's paved the way for others in some respects. Him using the word 'faggot' here and there? The guy is American. They throw that shit around like the blacks use the n bomb.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I use the word faggot all the time. It means nothing related to gay to me and I have no problem with homos at all.
  • Last week's Ludology had some chap from Riot games talking about how to nudge people away from being dicks in on line games. Pretty interesting imo.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I use the word faggot all the time. It means nothing related to gay to me and I have no problem with homos at all.
    Yeah, but you're not American.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He talks about stuff uninterrupted by ads with interesting people for long periods of time, totally uncensored. That's a big draw. It's also a relatively new thing. He's paved the way for others in some respects. Him using the word 'faggot' here and there? The guy is American. They throw that shit around like the blacks use the n bomb.

His guests are fine. It's him I don't like. He's as dumb as a bag of spanners.
  • He talks about stuff uninterrupted by ads with interesting people for long periods of time, totally uncensored. That's a big draw.

From references I've seen here, 'interesting' is an interesting adjective to use for his guests. As for the rest of what you've said, it's pretty worthless when the guy is a cunt and his guests are fruitcakes. I meet people on a regular basis who talk uninterupted for hours without any adverts. I wouldn't give any of them a show.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Some of his guests are great and having them talk about their stuff for a couple of hours is well worth a listen.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think he is insidious.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Let me be a trend setter and say I find NDG Tyson immeasurably irritating. He is the clown prince of condescension.
    Holy shit he totally is. But a lot of what he says is interesting so I tolerate him :D Though I did see a little bit of Cosmos on Netflix and fuck me NDGT is a smarmy poser. Ill stick to listening to him on podcasts.
    What I will say for Rogan is (based on the limited number of podcasts I've listened to) that is long form interview format is great. The guests can really get into their topic and Rogan normally doesnt seem to intrude all that much. I didn't find him particularly stupid in his convo with NDGT and he did give plenty of leeway on the Graham Hancock vs Debunkers. He sided totally with Graham though, natch.

Im two episodes into S-Town. Its...interesting but nowhere near as addictive as Serial.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Andy wrote:
    He talks about stuff uninterrupted by ads with interesting people for long periods of time, totally uncensored. That's a big draw.

From references I've seen here, 'interesting' is an interesting adjective to use for his guests. As for the rest of what you've said, it's pretty worthless when the guy is a cunt and his guests are fruitcakes. I meet people on a regular basis who talk uninterupted for hours without any adverts. I wouldn't give any of them a show.

His guests are fruitcakes. Righto. He's had some great guests on.
  • FranticPea wrote:

"Hi welcome to we're not wizards. Today we're talking about the Dark Souls boardgame. It's absolute shite. That's all for this week. Goodbye!"

;)

See. This is why I want you guesting on this.

• He's had some great guests on.

Okay.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He has actually had some decent guests on in fairness. Some ridiculous ones too but some good ones. It's him that is the issue for me.
  • Andy wrote:
    He's had some great guests on.

Okay.

Knob

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

;)

:D

I could review Seasons and Lords of Waterdeep in a similar amount of time. 3 episodes recorded in 5 minutes.

• I finished S-Town. Nowhere near as compulsive as Serial but not very comparable.
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

;)

:D

I could review Seasons and Lords of Waterdeep in a similar amount of time. 3 episodes recorded in 5 minutes.

Lol.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Does anyone else have an issue with iTunes where it will occasionally download random episodes even if you're not subscribed to that cast? Had 20 spread out today which filled my pod with old crap some from years ago.
  • How Did This Get Made can be quite good. Funny podcast about shitty films.

r.

Great shout. Have listened to the 88 minutes, grease 2 and ninja terminator eps.

Ninja terminator is up in full on youtube.

I'm torn as to the funniest order to listen/watch, but do it.

Also, mentioned it earlier. 20,000hrz continues to be amazing. Last ep was about forensic audio. Fascinating.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Revisionist history is back and great.

The ad at the start for the make up is incredible in its shitness, but otherwise, it's great.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • That latest episode of The Adventure Zone.... Man, got me emotional!

I know it's not really a d&d podcast as much but it's so good.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Facewon wrote:
    How Did This Get Made can be quite good. Funny podcast about shitty films. r.
    Great shout. Have listened to the 88 minutes, grease 2 and ninja terminator eps. Ninja terminator is up in full on youtube. I'm torn as to the funniest order to listen/watch, but do it. Also, mentioned it earlier. 20,000hrz continues to be amazing. Last ep was about forensic audio. Fascinating.
    The Bloodsport one is quite chucklesome :D KUMITE KUMITE KUMITE!!!
  • Hit 10000 downloads during the week.
    Downloads have taken a massive jump recently which I'm delighted about.
    Any support would be gratefully recieved.
    Www.werenotwizards.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!