@cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oooh, as this has popped up, I'm going to plug a mate

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jump-cancel-podcast/id1317537183

Jump Cancel podcast, music from games and movies and a little discussion about it but not too much, I enjoy it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • LDoA came out ages ago and I found it nowhere near as interesting as BE. Like, what was there to learn? It didn't really say anything we didn't know already about the industry. It felt kinda lurid to me tbh (not a criticism or the makers or listeners, it's just, I feel they feel I'm thinking there was an interesting story, but there really wasn't, in terms of new takes).
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I enjoyed it, mostly because I find Ronson endlessly listenable.
  • Yeah it was fine, just a let down for me after the excellent BE.
  • And it did feel a bit peering-into-a-dead-adult-star's life. I think anyone could've guessed why she died. The BE on the other hand was genuinely interesting and surprising.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Anyone have a recommended games podcast? TCGS has gone to shit lately so I've sacked it off. Tried Giant Bomb before and wasn't a fan but might give it another bash.

Ideally looking for something with focus on the games rather than industry news/nonsense.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I used to enjoy midlife gamer, but not listened to any games ones apart from OLL in recent years
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Cosby wrote:
    Anyone have a recommended games podcast? TCGS has gone to shit lately so I've sacked it off. Tried Giant Bomb before and wasn't a fan but might give it another bash. Ideally looking for something with focus on the games rather than industry news/nonsense.

Only game podcast i've ever liked is Crate & Crowbar. Mostly PC focussed, they do have a section at the start about news but they often have Alex Wiltshire of Edge fame on
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They're all terrible. Especially One Life Left, if it's even still going. I hope it's not. Insufferable wank.
  • C&C is very good
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Grumble.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Cheers, gents. Don't mind a bit of news as long as it doesn't drag on too much so will try C&C and OLL.
  • C&C depends on how much stuff is out. If there's something big they can go quite in-depth because: They've all worked in journalism for years. Chris is now working on games and marketting, Tom F makes indie games so he knows lots about the Steam side of things, Pip is very good at parsing the industry stuff from the perspective of underepresented audiences, Alex used to write for Edge for a decade, Tom S is a good egg.
  • Don't some of our own run a podcast??

Way point is okay but I find it quite preachy at times. I just listen to giantbomb tbh.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Look what ive just seen on the front page of imgur.hSacOvU.jpg

Good advice dump https://imgur.com/gallery/niQyKyH
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    But don't release it?
  • Oh. Dear.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Its like 2 months on and it's still going on..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Two new ones I’ve been digging into and make me realise how fucking low effort most podcasts about dudes talking about their top of head opinions are.

The first is Punch Up The Jam which is a podcast about picking out cool bits of pop songs and trying to get to the heart of their meaning (at least a comedic interpretation). The tone can grate because they talk about edging a lot but they do make cute observations about good songs. (I wonder though is a good observation simply the kind of observation I’d like to make? Their episode on “Elton John’s” Your Song is endearingly sarcastic about the song the way I like to be).

Anyway it’s part of a podcast network called “head gum” so I scrolled through their stable and stumbled across “hey riddle riddle”. This is a podcast about those stupid riddles you get in crackers or whatever (you know the answer is always melted ice and the set up is dead mans in a locked box). But they go the extra step by improv-Ing the situation. I think it’s done very well.

Both are quite podcasty though.
  • They talk about edging a lot? Does that mean something else?
  • I've listened through all of Off Menu twice now.

I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere on this site. Hosted by James Acaster and Ed Gamble each episode has a different guest picking their favourite starter, main, side and dessert.
    It is as you would imagine, a lot of Acaster humour, Gamble plays the straight guy. Depending on the guest it can be very goody or quite nostalgia driven.

I've also picked up Scroobius Pip's Disraction Pieces. This is largely just Pip interviewing a different guest each episode.
    I've been picking and choosing who looks interesting. The Liam Howlett 2 partner is really interesting although somewhat odd feeling, clearly recorded before Keith died it is tough to listen to some of the old stories involving him.
  • Appeared on the latest five games for doomsday episode of the guild and chatted about social media and stuff.
    Ben does some excellent interview shows that I invite you to check out, even if you don't bother with mine.
    http://fivegamesfordoomsday.libsyn.com/the-guild-w-richard-simpson
  • No.

Fair enough!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Something other than
    Spoiler:
  • Caught the Chapo live show at the Islington hall last night. Will basically did all the work, but Virgil had the best single gag about Corbyn being an anti-Semite because he wants to get the trains actually running on time.
    I bet he stole it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    13 minutes to the moon. A BBC World Service podcast talking about the Apollo 11 mission. I recommend it if you're even slightly interested.
  • Hoooooly fuck.
    The latest Joe Rogan - Neil deGrasse Tyson "interview". Hands down the most uncomfortable podcast I've ever listened to. Davd Brent dancing uncomfortable.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'm not going to listen to either of those cunts, so do tell. Why so awkward?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    I'm not going to listen to either of those cunts, so do tell. Why so awkward?
    Ah Joe is ok!
    NDT out of the gate was seemingly hostile. He interrupted and talked over Joe almost every time Joe opened his mouth. He also was aggressively, dismissive. Whilst explaining to Joe why he was stupid for asking what gravity was, he made a point of Joe's baldness. 
    NDT was plain rude and just clamouring for ego stroking. He simply had to provide a fact on every topic Joe mentioned and often diverted off to topics he knew more about. 
    Few very awkward moments when NDT would make some grandiose, profound(or so he thought) statement and you could hear him waiting for Joe to gush (which he didnt).He kept trying too which made it so much worse....Its well worth a listen :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!