Podcasts
  • I had an email read out earlier in the year, but it was an Edith Bowman week.
  • I've had a few read out on the PCC podcast, got a 10 minute segment out of my foreign film title bit. Feelsgoodman.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Nothing wrong with Edith Bowman. She's read at least a couple of my comments out and is more easily amused than Simon (who compared the grammar in my review of Sicario 2, which made him stumble, to "a Trump Tweet"). She particularly enjoyed my pick of The Disaster Artist for DVD of the Week last year for which I parodied The Room.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Edith Bowman.

It’s not that there’s anything wrong with her, it’s just that the twice I’ve had emails read on air, it’s been substitute weeks. I like all the substitutes, especially Clarisse Loughrey, but it is the Mayo & Kermode Film Review... NOTICE ME, SENPAI.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Fair enough. I was not the biggest fan of the bloke who stood in for Simon for the first time in August and read one of my reviews (for Good Boys, of all things...) but forgot to actually mention my name.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    That same week I bumped into somebody who I'd not seen in ~15 years since I indoctrinated them into what nobody was calling Wittertainment at that point. They mentioned that they still listen and enjoy hearing my reviews and comments.
  • I guess this goes here. Could also go in current affairs thread.

There's been a big development in the Curtis flowers case.

Its the subject of the second season of the In the Dark podcast.

As far as true crime goes, it's very very good.

Really well told. And brilliantly reported.

From a podcast persective, this news is very close to resolution. And also pretty staggering for how much the podcast itself is now being used in court.

I'll spoiler, which seems weird, but just in case you want to treat it as narrative and not know ending.
    Spoiler:
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Hit 350 episodes today on the podcast today and I'm planning out next year for guests. Was wondering if any of you smooth mofos would like to come on for a chat.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Congrats! I can offer my pearls of wisdom on the game of Solitare if you like
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Rev wrote:
    Hit 350 episodes today on the podcast today and I'm planning out next year for guests. Was wondering if any of you smooth mofos would like to come on for a chat.

I nominate Tempy for miniature and Slay the Spire chat.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I'd totally do it, given my focus over the last few years has skewed heavily towards tabletop gaming (though I am currently in a WAY different timezone)
  • Questor wrote:
    I'd totally do it, given my focus over the last few years has skewed heavily towards tabletop gaming (though I am currently in a WAY different timezone)

That would be cool.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I know we have a few giant bomb listeners here, and on the latest Beastcast Dan Rykert has announced he's leaving the site. Massive loss for GB I would say. Dan has such a unique energy, and perspective on the world which is always entertaining while occasionally being frustrating.

I don't think it'll be quite the same without him.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • That's never great news. I know that places like videogamer suffered when they changed hosts.
    Especially if there's a loyal fan base.

I've started a new venture, where I'm interviewing creative people just to find out more about their process and how they tick. Been interesting to talk about something different from boardgames.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    That's the focus of one of my fave podcasts, Song Exploder, where the guy interviews bands and talks about the process behind one of their songs.

Feel free to poke me if you want to do anything boardgame related Rev (as I am absolutely not creative!)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Questor wrote:
    That's the focus of one of my fave podcasts, Song Exploder, where the guy interviews bands and talks about the process behind one of their songs. Feel free to poke me if you want to do anything boardgame related Rev (as I am absolutely not creative!)

Not sure if you already listen, but if you like Song Exploder then check out Sodajerker on Songwriting
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Just got tickets to go and see Athletico Mince live in Newcastle. Bob Mortimer is a genuine comedy legend and I'll be taking my 14yo son along to witness his genius in person. Can't wait.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Just got tickets to go and see Athletico Mince live in Newcastle. Bob Mortimer is a genuine comedy legend and I'll be taking my 14yo son along to witness his genius in person. Can't wait.

Oh my goodness you lucky sod!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Dog dirt.
    Things can only get better.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I know we have a few giant bomb listeners here, and on the latest Beastcast Dan Rykert has announced he's leaving the site. Massive loss for GB I would say. Dan has such a unique energy, and perspective on the world which is always entertaining while occasionally being frustrating. I don't think it'll be quite the same without him.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Any film review podcast recommendations that aren't Kermode? My regular has taken a dip in quality recently and now switched to fortnightly so looking for another weekly to keep up with releases.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Have you tried the Empire one? I've not myself but I imagine it would be decent enough.
  • New Explosive Alan podcast is out and they picked my episode title name! Woo!
  • Cosby wrote:
    Any film review podcast recommendations that aren't Kermode? My regular has taken a dip in quality recently and now switched to fortnightly so looking for another weekly to keep up with releases.

Radio 4’s The Film Programme is good. It’s got much more of a focus on the films that might be shown at your local independent than the blockbusters at the multiplex, and being just half an hour means it covers less ground than many, but the presenters know their stuff, and they have some insightful interviews.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Cheers, Andy. And Goobs, missed that earlier. Haven't tried those before so will give them a run.
  • Partially examined life pod has an ep on games and story.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ooh, I was looking for this thread the other day.

We will all probably be upping our podcast consumption over the next few weeks at least, and I don't know about you but I could do with something light hearted in these god awful times.

Send your uplifting/funny/irreverent recommendations this way please.

My first recommendation is:

You're Dead To Me - a history podcast from the Horrible Histories guy, with a guest comedian and a guest historian on each episode.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    My go to podcasts, mix of funny and interesting:

Richard Herrings RHLSTP - interviews with well known comedians and celebrities. The Brian Blessed interview is a standout.

The Price of Football - detailed look behind the shady financial world of footy.

Dear Joan and Jericha - excruciatingly funny agony aunts.

Better Call Saul - follows each episode of the show with cast and crew.

CheapShow- the economy podcast or two alleged friends wailing at each other.
    Things can only get better.
  • I've got 380 episodes out there if anyone runs completely out of podcasts. Werenotwizards.podbean.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!