Monster Hunter
  • Stories then.

I'm a bit bored now. Seems like a plodder.

I have monsters. Don't feel invested in them. Can't tell what's worth powering up or using.

Just feels like a bog standard JRPG.

Will plough on like.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I thoroughly loved Stories on 3DS, it takes a while to ramp up but it's a solid JRPG. As for what's worth powering up, just make sure you have an evenly balanced team. And thanks to the genetic manipulation bollocks, you can make pretty much any monster nigh unstoppable by removing their weaknesses.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Been back to this.

AT Kirin, yuck.

AT Val, yuck but doable.

Finally managed to repel Luna in the arena quest.  Failed to it in the follow up quest.

Just added health regen to my ls so that might make things slightly easier.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Health augments on certain weapons (only tried GS myself) make AT Vaal a not very fun but quite easy slugfest.  I quite liked AT Kirin tbh, love catching his head with a hammer uppercut or horn slam.  Always hated him in 4U but it feels fairer with World's agile hunters.  Don't forget the dragon pods to stagger him and knock him out of supercharged mode.
  • AT Vaal kept killing my random teammates, getting caught in roar-to-filthbeam trap by the look of it; I gave up and just did the git solo. Still took a bit too long.
  • Been using the actually entirely SFW honeyhunterworld.com to try to optimise stuff. Annoyingly it doesn't seem to factor in shelling to its effective damage calculations, so I've no clear idea if any build I can do matches the figures I'm seeing for a lot of the LS outfits.
  • Dubs wrote:
    Don't forget the dragon pods to stagger him and knock him out of supercharged mode.

Shall remember that, thanks. Currenty have about a 1 in 3 chance of dieing after a bounce.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Might be a little later @Swirl and @ayns. 15-30 minutes max
  • Bagged the new Arch Tempered Kulve gear set today - pretty sweet fights, probably my fave new fight in World.  Love it on HBG.

You can get bonus weapon drops by doing all sorts of stuff, breaking horns whilst in Fury, injured etc.  Pretty cool.

The new Kjarr weapons look decent.  My fave is the thunder HBG of the types I actually use.  Paralysis lance would be one I'd like too.  Naturally, I get loads of Gunlance drops lol

Not sure if I'll keep grinding it out, but I do find it enjoyable.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • None of the Kjarr GLs seem any more useful than the Water Buster, bah. Guess I'm waiting 'til the icething for a change to the meta.
  • Not even an incremental difference?  The lightning HBG I got has about 5 extra attack when fully augmented, but the less useful special attack type, so I'm not bothering either lol

I'd like the Para lance though, oh and a sweet looking LS.  Not sure if the horns are any good.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    They don't look very useful.  The para one might be an upgrade but I rarely use para.  Mostly just use Taroth Pipe Sleep and then the Jho horn if I need the elderseal.

Album with the new weapons: https://imgur.com/a/buno4Q6
  • ayns wrote:
    Not even an incremental difference?

Nada. Embedded crit element, but that's fucking worthless on GLs. You don't run GL for elemental shenanigans. Worse still, almost none of them have any kind of deco holes to use.
    To be worth a damn they'd need to have a 5th level of shelling oomph at least.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Assassins Creed quest is up.  Jho+Odog, then Luna in the arena.
  • Over HR100 now and officially all outta mons to hun unless I want to do arena bollocks which I don't. Baby wants more stuff.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    This New Year's Day quest is a nice little gift.  Good money and armour spheres, too.  One day only!
    Spoiler:
  • Console or both?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Just console I'm afraid.
  • I haven't played in nearly a year, (my cloud save says 25th Feb 2018) what have I missed :P
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    A few new monsters, a few harder versions of existing monsters and their associated gear.  Lots of recycled monsters in new combos, locales and sizes.  If you want to do the new stuff then the Appreciation Festival is coming around the game's first anniversary (26th January) and, if its like the other fests, will have all the previous event quests available.

The Event Schedule should help once it's updated with the festival stuff.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Witcher cross-over too coming soon. Although only to console for the time being.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Appreciation Festival is on, big Jagras is good fun and coughs up loads of decorations.  More importantly, my cat now has a disco ball on his head.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    More importantly, my cat now has a disco ball on his head.

thumbs_up.gif
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Huge Jagras is great fun. Bag those decos now! Arch Tempered ZM set works a treat with a weapon of choice.

I can't decide what to spend my tickets on first, but that disco ball does look sweet. Might bag the fancy reward up gear set first though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    @Nina Apologies for not posting earlier, busy day. Sorry I had to run at the end of the hunt. Its was nothing serious, in case you were worried.

I've texted Matt about possibly hunting his Sunday morning/my evening, like we used to do when I was in NZ. Not sure if you'll be able to fit that around US time zones...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Glad nothing serious happened @Swirl.

It'll depend how early morning UK time you're talking. I'm sure I caught @ayns in World around 6am UK time, so it's possible (but not very likely for a Sunday morning, I get that).
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    No more puke balloon :(  He was kind to me and I now have all the decorations I could want, even the fabled second Attack Jewel so my hunts will now be about 6 seconds shorter.  So many Meowster Jewels, good grief.

Super Lavasioth and Gerry of the River today.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    I'm sure I caught @ayns in World around 6am UK time, so it's possible (but not very likely for a Sunday morning, I get that).

Oops, meant to reply to this ages ago, and totally forgot. Sorry about that. My 8pm will be roughly noon UK time, which is 4am in California. Ouch. We may have to organise multiple hunting days, though it will mean the group won't be together in each of them.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    What a game.

2RG893X.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!