Monster Hunter
  • I have lots of tranquil ammo things, how do I equip it for use?

Funking radial menu means all my traps were used on accident.
    Then I tryd to bomb the Kuala Kuala thingy with tranquil bombs only it releases at my feet?
    This game is so good but there's some shit design choices.

2nd try
    I thought right, iv no idea how to use the tranq ammo iv ammased and bombs are shit and no traps so il sos flare.
    Dude hops in and batters the poor thing to death, that's two fails in a row!
    FUCK!
  • Also what happens to the stuff I oven roast?
    Can I collect it somewere or do I have to wait till its done?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Easiest way to capture:

1.  Beat up monster until it's limping.  You may also see a skull icon over the monster's icon on the mini-map when it's ready to be captured.

2.  Let the monster limp away.  It may stop in one or two areas on the way but just time it out and don't hit it too much.  It'll eventually hobble off and go to sleep.  

3.  Tranq bomb it twice, then place a trap right on it and it should be captured.  Occasionally you'll need to smack it one more time.

You don't have to let it sleep but it removes the risk of the monster running away after you've laid your trap.

Customise one of your radial menus with shoutouts or stickers and spam them when other players aren't behaving.  You do this from the start menu, then save an item loadout and it'll prompt you to save your radial menu settings as well.

Oven roasting completes when you do a quest I think, then you collect it from the canteen.  It's not very useful though.
  • Dubs with the pro strats.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    4.  Set off fireworks, play horn and prance in celebration.
  • Ah shit I thought when it hobbles off just get a trap in front and tranq it when it goes in.
    (only had one tranq bomb left so I was screwed really)

No idea how to save a loadout,
    I sorted a radial menu and used all my traps becouse radial menus are shite.

Iv wasted loads of shite in oven roasts,
    No idea what or were the canteen is but Iv spent all my cash with the cat chefs (before every quest, expedition)

Still I'm at some coral place now and have found a campsite.
    (how do I exit an explore thingy)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Let me know if you ever need help Davie, I could probably jump on for a quest or two with a bit of notice. Promise I won't kill anything if it needs to be captured.

I'm really rusty, only did one Iceborne quest so far, as I managed to walk into the Witcher quest by default when I started the game. Feels good to be back, but it's also really awkward after so much MHGU.
  • I'm not on icebourne Nina, I will pick it up over Xmas though it's in my cart for the first sign of a sale or price drop.

I'm always down for a bit of jolly co-op though on vanilla monster hunter if you see me on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Iceborne is not easy if you're still rocking some HR gear that's not Arch Tempered monster's gear. My current set has about 70 defense of each piece, the simplest MR set has about 113.

They are all so ugly though.
  • Finally bought MHGU on switch last night. $20 on US EShop. Got my 3DS save transferred across. I’ve got absolutely no idea what I’m doing, it’s so long since I last played.

Managed to convince my sister to use the EShop credit I got her for Christmas on it. Is anyone here still playing it?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just upgraded the Iceborne myself on PC. I forgot I'm really REALLY far behind on my PC account. Man I wish cross-save was more of a 'standard' seeing as I jump about from different platforms a lot these days.
  • Be thankful you can play it. The update (even for those of use who don't want IB) has trashed the game completely for many.

Using other utilities (BES) I can get it at least playable - but performance isn't good enough for me to want to play it.

Thanks capcom.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @The Daddy, I still play it weekly, but we're pretty far into g rank by now. Depending on where you are, focus on the quests villagers give you in single player (check the + menu and then the request log for any you have). These usually unlock more things, I'm still missing something annoyingly. Check a list online for the key quests to advance through ranks.
    I wouldn't mind jump into lower rank quests to help you out. I've just made my gunner set (which is from the endgame boss, so high stats) but have never played a ranged weapon in the old games, so that will need practice.

@mrsmr2 Iceborne launch for pc didn't go well? Roommate bought it, but he spent the whole evening downloading so I haven't gotten any feedback yet. I really don't want to deal with his complaints about this right now, so need to know if I need to hide for the weekend (or troll and play the ps4 game).

Haven't gotten very far in my game, the whole clutch mechanic is doing much for me so far. I've done most of the speech bubble mr 1 and 2 quests, so I guess I have to try the mr 3 quest again soon.
    Spoiler:
  • Hi Nina

I think it's owners of 4 core CPUs that are most affected. Win 10 users might also have an advantage over Win 7 as Capcom seemed to have messed up DX11, and DX12 (for once) is getting better results - so that's for Win 10 users only.

If he a cpu with more than 4 cores he'll probably be fine.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have no idea what he has, he did recently buy a new pc because he was to lazy to fix the problem he had with his other. Let's hope the sales guy managed to sell him the 4 cores then!

Hope Capcom manages to fix it soon.
  • Nina wrote:
    @The Daddy, I still play it weekly, but we're pretty far into g rank by now. Depending on where you are, focus on the quests villagers give you in single player (check the + menu and then the request log for any you have). These usually unlock more things, I'm still missing something annoyingly. Check a list online for the key quests to advance through ranks.
    I wouldn't mind jump into lower rank quests to help you out. I've just made my gunner set (which is from the endgame boss, so high stats) but have never played a ranged weapon in the old games, so that will need practice.

I’ll have a blast tonight and see if I can get back into the swing. I’d done about 20hrs on 3DS, not much online though.
  • So someone has found a workaround for MH and I now have good performance again.

No doubt Capcom will patch that out "while working on a complete fix" or some other bollocks. Utter cretins.
  • Ok, so I've just upgraded to W10. Can't believe it myself.

And MH:W is now playing better than it did before. The problem I had is not just W7 because many W10 people have it as well.

And Stranger's Wrath now works from Steam. Miracles.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It just crashed my PC and when I went back into Steam it looks like MW has deleted itself. No idea what's going on. It's prompting me to install again...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nvm mind, when I clicked on install again it verified the files and fixed itself.
  • Well MHGU has got its hooks right back in. I'm so glad I was able to transfer from 3DS though, now I've got my bearings I've realised I did a ridiculous amount of grinding before, so many armor spheres and stuff. I suspect that's what stopped me playing it more, but now I've got lots of stuff and I can sail through the low rank swiftly in my BujaBujaBu armour and electric dual blades.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah that sounds like a good setup for low rank. I had BujaBujaBu for a long time as well.

Matt and I cleared all the G1 quests the other day, very close with G2 as well. It's almost just multiple monster quests, hyper monsters and elder dragons left for us. A lot of pain. Glad I got to 100 with the lance, switched to the swaxe and that feels so much better. It's such a good game.

Iceborne progress is slow. My first wall was 
    Spoiler:
    which I fought a lot in GU because I had the armour set.

Next up was
    Spoiler:

Now next up is
    Spoiler:

So it's not really grabbing me yet. It plays so smooth though. And I caught a glimpse of the final boss, and that looks pretty cool, so should really aim to at least do a hunt a day or something.
  • I bought Iceborne so we can co-op. Solo MoHan can be fun but deffo better with a hunting party. Let me know when you’re about and I’ll try to jump on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ooh, you got it? I've seen you in quite a few games threads recently, so I figured you weren't interested in this.

Would love to co op, first time I can probably be around is US Friday afternoon / Chinese Saturday which is also your New Year I think? I don't know if you need to watch dancing dragons and eat those really delicious thick pancake cookies with custard or sesame seed paste in it.

MoHan is fine solo for a couple quests, but I think I've played each one with friends, and that's much more fun. First one was I think Tri on the Wii, with Wii Speak. My mom enjoyed that, she heard me and my brother talking while playing and would join the conversation. That was actually a good thing with Wii Speak.
  • I can do Saturday. And I got it 'cause I wanted to co-op with you. Deffo interested in more MoHan.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MH with a new born baby isn't the best collaboration :)

I have found :P
  • Played some Iceborne. Forgot all the buttons. Didn’t matter. I remember why I love this game so much. This is fantastic stuff. First two monsters so far have been great, especially the second one. New hammer absolutely wrecks. All is good.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    The two monsters in the ice area I assume? Or are you further in already? Looking forward to the co op, will be good fun.
  • Yar. The ice area. Super nice area, that.

And aye, also looking forward to a co-op hunting party. Woot woot!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just rebought this. Shinies have me moist.

J0PzVxH.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!