myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sorry I wasn’t around in the afternoon - wife stole the TV! The cheek!

Urgh, I hate it when other people do that. Hope it was for a good reason though!

I tried to figure out the after credits stuff but I don't think I understand it. Will probably be around in your morning (and Shabby's, great having you in the chat again) again.
  • Cool. I’ll be on tomorrow. As for the reason, we watched a serial drama about a Chinese man from the countryside trying to make it through life, set against the backdrop of the late-Cultural Revolution era. It’s up to to decide how valid that reason is (the drama wasn’t bad, although it was a little corny and obvious in places).

And yeah, was nice to have Shabby back in the chat. Hope we can do some hunts together soon.

Re, post credits stuff - happy to take you through it again and have a proper look at it in more detail. It’s not that bad once you’ve got the hang of it.
  • Online in 5 if anyone is about.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll be there in 10 or so.
  • Some good fights with Nina - managed to get 4 high-quality mantles in 3 fights. EZ GG.
  • Some more good fights. Thanks again, Nina.

@Shabs - when you gonna be about?
  • Productive morning for me - got my dailies done in record time, popped two sub 20 Zinogres (one hammer, one LBG), got a couple of nice weapons going (still need some materials to finish off the higher rarities, but I’m getting there), and then capped it off with a 23-min Rajang. Had enough mats for the Lance, got that, now have his face as a shield. Noice.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sounds good, I had too many beers before I got home, no hunting for me today.

Should be able to swing some time the next couple of days as I'm night shift. Still need to beat Snow Shark...
  • Haha, fair enough - wasn’t necessarily expecting you to pop in anyway. Was very responsible of you not to Drink and Research.

Should be able to swing some time the next couple of days as I'm night shift. Still need to beat Snow Shark...

Coolio - might not be around tomorrow morning or afternoon, unfortunately, but Tuesday is probably open. I’ll keep ya posted.
  • It’s (probably) a date!
  • I'll be on a bit later this arvo. It hasn't been the lazy day at home I thought it would be
  • I'll be on a bit later this arvo. It hasn't been the lazy day at home I thought it would be

Cool. Drop a message when you go on. I'm 50/50 as i have a meeting later, but if I can i'll jump on.
  • Finally got my Guard Up charm done - wasn’t too hard, but that’ll teach for me for being lazy with optionals.

Now got a Lance setup going. Really hard to adjust to Iceborne changes but it’s finally starting to flow again. Faster enemies with fewer gaps between attacks, plus changes to hit zones, means you have to be much more reactive and can’t tank endlessly.

The clutch claw counter is basically essential. It’s tricky to use as it requires the finest timing of the clutch claw changes (that I’ve seen) but it’s also by far the coolest. Gonna keep playing around with it and hopefully get back to a comfortable Lance level.
  • Really enjoying Iceborne as a whole. It’s not Witcher 3-level expansion tier, but it’s close enough. Far better than most DLCs.

Had some good hunts with Nina earlier, failed a mission and came back for clinical no-cart revenge. Got my Velkhana Lance fully upgraded, now want the hammer and LBG (because they look pretty - I’ll rarely use them).

On my solo side - hit a roadblock. Tempered Brachy is kicking my arse left right and centre. Two straight up 3-carts now, gotta git gud.
  • Make that 3 triple carts.
  • Sorry I haven’t been around. I need to commit more
  • Sorry I haven’t been around. I need to commit more

Fuck commitment, bud - it’s just a game. Play when you feel like it, it isn’t an obligation. I (and probably Nina) will be about when you wanna hang.
  • Some good hunts with Nina earlier - smooth fights against Toasty Boi and then Angry Monkey Boi being the highlights.
  • Also, finally beat the MR69 quest against Tempered Brachy and Tempered Glav. Ended up running a Pierce HBG build with Evade Window turned right up for a Roll ‘n’ Snipe build.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Must be up to a hunnert hours into the pc version now. Gently poking my way through iceborne. Seem to be more often just dropping in for some sos assist fun at the minute.

It's nice to come back to after a good long break.

Have progressed through the charges (blade n axe) as is not used them much before before coming back to a nice and simple hammer bro.
    The lack of horn work on the pc grieves me still though so I'll probably have to go back to tootling the pipes next.

60fps and ssd loading makes it all a lot simpler mind. I do miss the cinty and Nina nonsense but going back to the PS4 now that fortnite is back in the mix will be pretty much impossible.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ay. I no longer really have any access to the big tv and the assorted bits and bobs attached.. it's mainly Fortnight Chapter 2 it seems. 
    Half term sux the big a da ballz.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • @Nina - won’t be able to make tomorrow, I don’t think. Internet is down for me now, so no online until I get it fixed. Can try again soon, though.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What a stupid time for internet to do down...

We'll see how it goes, maybe I can try for Saturday night if things are fixed by then.
  • Nina wrote:
    What a stupid time for internet to do down...

We'll see how it goes, maybe I can try for Saturday night if things are fixed by then.

Cool, should be fixed tomorrow my time. Think it’s a wiring problem (which we’ve had before as one of our cats enjoys fucking with them). Easy to fix but we need an engineer.

Keep me posted on availability.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!