PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    does this have arcade mode yet
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Gil released - 19 GB download! I think this might also include the new v skills, think the game is only 30gb
    SFV - reddave360
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Seth looks cool, think I might finally download this again, so out of touch with SFV now.
  • Nice job not streaming the qualifiers and also not checking for lag on the second monitor with that splitter you were using for the dual monitor setup, Capcom by way of ESL.

I didn't watch, just saw the complaints rolling in across the usual places. Well done US though for taking the win.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game though, I'm impressed that SFV is still rumbling on even now and that Capcom haven't used some of that Monhun and RE:make cash to get SF6 out yet. Why does Seth have a summer costume though? He's buck nekkid normally as it is.

In other news if anyone is interested, Sagat from former vapourware title Tekken x Street Fighter just got announced in T7 but I guess Capcom don't want to give Namco the license to any more guest characters after Akuma got implemented impeccably into the game so it's the similar but legally distinct giant muay thai weapon Fahkuman instead (omg that name Harada pls).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Forgot to mention, I hope Seth means some renewed Poongko interest.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Heh. I still remember his Red-Bull-guzzling-tee-throwing-perfect-round match against Daigo in IV.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Heh. I still remember his Red-Bull-guzzling-tee-throwing-perfect-round match against Daigo in IV.

I was at that Evo.

Crowd went mental for it.

Four straight rounds.

Last round was a perfect!
  • Im probs having a bash on this tonight if anyone wants to join me.
  • Would love to dogfingers but after a heavy run of nights in work I owe my wife some attention tonight. Maybe later on in the week.

Random thoughts - I don't like Gill. I can't see myself using him over urien or others. Maybe a bit too complicated for me to get the most out of him. Seth looks great fun though.

On the other fighters, Cody is very disappointing. Whatever about the strength of the character he doesn't feel nearly as much fun as alpha / sf4.

It's a pity she's weak and/or I'm a bit shit but menat is great fun when you hit some of the more crazy set ups. I tend to fluff under pressure but it's nearly worth it for the one in ten times I hit a big cluster of balls.

Also really enjoying blank a in this. I've always liked the furball and he feels great in this (although I completely forget about his command grab)

There's something awkward about arcade mode in this game. It should be great fun (I love playing the older games in arcade mode for chill out) but this feels a bit unsatisfying. I think it might be the AI. It never felt like it was a game built with good AI from the start so maybe that's why. Has its moments but usually the early fights are just fodder.

Story mode, either the short ones or the big download one are shit and represent a lot of effort from capcom but for no real value.

I'm over 300 hours on this game. Make of that what you will.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Seems like Daigo is liking Season 5 changes. His YouTube channel is brilliant. Such a character.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Seems like Daigo is liking Season 5 changes. His YouTube channel is brilliant. Such a character.

It's lovely isn't it. I love his little rambles.
    SFV - reddave360
  • https://ie.ign.com/articles/2020/01/09/street-fighter-5s-netcode-problem-fixed-by-modder
    So it seems that the reason behind the poor netcode in street fighter v was... a bug. A reddit user took just 2 days to find and fix the issue, at least for the PC side, and the response has been very positive. There's a few videos up on youtube, but generally reports are of a big improvement in the lag situation and overall a much more balanced approach to dealing with lag - no more one-side rollback. 

The only major problem is that because its a pc only mod, if you play a cross platform game the lag is all one side onto the ps4 player, so much that the game is reportedly unplayable for the ps4 player. Ps4 v ps4 matches remain unaffected so unless Capcom pull their finger out and either find the bug themselves or pay this guy to fix it on the ps4 side, this could split the SF community. 

Whats worse is that the problem seems to have been such a small issue - one report saying that it might have only taken 30 minutes if they had the official code. Really doesnt shine the best light on Capcom on a title they already have a bad rep for for.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Evo Japan was utterly tremendous and gives me a lot of hope that they have a achieved some sort of character balance at the top level.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    It's 5am, and i've been drinking since 4:30pm, and i've been playing this most of the  night with randoms waaaaayyyy outta my league. Or maybe not! My FANG and Ryu took 2 games (not rounds, actual 2 out of 3 matches where the better players adjusted to my shenanigans very fast) off a 'Super Diamond' and 2 more off a 'Platinum' player. 

They were well happy for me. I've never seen the lobby chat erupt like that. Good times. 

I'll bitch-slap Dogfingers tomorrow for his no-show. But in a way its good. I cannot handle the stress of keeping Geif at arms length for 80 seconds, only for it to all fall apart once the cyclone/vacuum begins. Dubs too. Prick! <3 

So yeah, a great night on a great game.
  • Curtis wrote:
    I cannot handle the stress of keeping Geif at arms length for 80 seconds, only for it to all fall apart once the cyclone/vacuum begins. Dubs too. Prick! <3  So yeah, a great night on a great game.

I remember fighting Dubs 'Gief a few years back in a lobby. The stress his play creates is so strong. 

Its funny, back then I played as Necalli a lot and he felt fresh and really effective. Now he seems so one dimensional and limited. Could be I just use the same limited tactics of course, but either you steamroll an opponent or they have the game sussed enough to knock back your advances.

Been playing a bit of Urien and Lucia at the moment. Both solid fun.
    SFV - reddave360

• Jimmy's Ryu goes up against Tjommmi's and it's fireworks....
    Not sure if Ryu S5 is tournament viable but these hi level matches sure are entertaining.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I'd love to play you fellas buy my 4G ain't stable enough..
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Shame, would love to play Badgers. 
    On pc here.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Tonight i invited a total stranger/random off my Steam friends list (how did he get there?) to play SFV on PC. 

It turned out to be @hunk off this here forum, and we had some fantastic matches!

More soon my new friend. And we'll get @Dogfingers in on that lobby action.  :)
  • Aye, those were some good matches!
    We shall play again ;-)
  • I'm a touch rusty on this now but I'd be keen to try a fight or two with you folks. On pc.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Will be on later this evening. Give out a shout here or on Steam.
  • Anyone up for some games?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!