Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Andy. Cheersish Moot.
  • I don't quite love the game (although I like it enough to have through through two versions of it) but this image is an oh my: 

shadow-of-the-colossus-600x336.png
  • Good picture but the remaster made me realise i just don't like the game at all.  

Love Ico.
    Love TLG.

Dislike the middle child.
  • SOTC was the best my favourite of the three. I had issues with it, but the combination of a desolate world, phenomenal scale architecture and Colossi, and the guilt trips made it far more to my liking.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Collosus is the best of them. Ico a close second. TLG is drivel.
  • ICO - all time top 5
    TLG - all time top 10
    SotC - all time top 100 somewhere.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • They're all pretty good but I don't think any are in my top 100. Ico maybe, I'd have to check cinty's thread.

Edit: Ico is in there.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ico - contender for all time top ten
    TLG - contender for all time to 100
    SotC - ain't played it cos when I started it sucked Vs Ico
  • Ico and SotC are all time greats. TLG is a joke.
  • TLG and Colossus are both excellent. Both top 20-30. Probably prefer TLG a little.

Haven't played Ico other than a demo many years ago. Would be up for another re-release.
  • There is a Black Friday sale on PSN. Might be of interest if you're after any of the recent AAA releases - Spiderman, AC Oddysey, Tomb Raider, etc.
  • Nowt for me, hopefully an indie one kicks in next week.
  • EVE: Valkyrie is tempting, but I've got so much to play at the moment...
  • Oh, turns out it's basically just multiplayer. That makes things easier.
  • I'm hoping for SoulCalibur VI to go on sale.
  • typical that spiderman is on there....'Santa' used our sainsbury's double points thing to buy it from there for the full £50 just a few days ago., was hoping to get PSN credit instead but they didn't have any cards (plus i didn't think they would allow them with the vouchers anyway).
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Cheer for the headsup - was waiting til spiderman was sub 40.
  • CD keys doing £35 psn credit for a good price which will put Spiderman at just a shade over £30
  • JonB wrote:
    There is a Black Friday sale on PSN. Might be of interest if you're after any of the recent AAA releases - Spiderman, AC Oddysey, Tomb Raider, etc.

Lots of VR stuff, including AstroBot and Superhot, for those that have the gear.
  • JonB wrote:
    There is a Black Friday sale on PSN. Might be of interest if you're after any of the recent AAA releases - Spiderman, AC Oddysey, Tomb Raider, etc.

Spider-man, Tomb Raider and God of War are on my wish-list if I get PSN credit from my folks for Christmas. If Sony go by previous form, these’ll all feature in the January sale. Fingers crossed.
  • I finally picked up AstroBot in the sale.  I have to say, Nintendo must be absolutely delighted that this is limited to the relative niche of PSVR, as there are bits of inventiveness in here which actively outdo Mario at his game.  (Whilst, admittedly, being incredibly derivative of it.)  It's an absolute delight - inventive and charming, with a surprising attention to detail.  I've done the first 3 worlds so far, and am loving it - grinning pretty much throughout.
  • Some good deals on the Black Friday psn sale, the crew 2 is Fifteen sheets f1 2018 is about £25?? Picked up WRC for £9!!!!
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    I finally picked up AstroBot in the sale.  I have to say, Nintendo must be absolutely delighted that this is limited to the relative niche of PSVR, as there are bits of inventiveness in here which actively outdo Mario at his game.  (Whilst, admittedly, being incredibly derivative of it.)  It's an absolute delight - inventive and charming, with a surprising attention to detail.  I've done the first 3 worlds so far, and am loving it - grinning pretty much throughout.

Jealous of Astrobot.  I would't buy a VR kit as I don't think I'd get my money's worth, but I'd definitely rent it for a weekend if Blockbuster Video hadn't selfishly gone bust.  There's a boxing game I quite like the look of too, but Astrobot looks pretty special.
  • The idea of playing Tetris Effect in VR has made me want to give it a go for the first time. There'd probably be a couple of other things too, but yeah, wouldn't be enough to warrant buying.
  • Super Hot is amazeballs
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I finally picked up AstroBot in the sale.  I have to say, Nintendo must be absolutely delighted that this is limited to the relative niche of PSVR, as there are bits of inventiveness in here which actively outdo Mario at his game.  (Whilst, admittedly, being incredibly derivative of it.)  It's an absolute delight - inventive and charming, with a surprising attention to detail.  I've done the first 3 worlds so far, and am loving it - grinning pretty much throughout.
    Jealous of Astrobot.  I would't buy a VR kit as I don't think I'd get my money's worth, but I'd definitely rent it for a weekend if Blockbuster Video hadn't selfishly gone bust.  There's a boxing game I quite like the look of too, but Astrobot looks pretty special.
    JonB wrote:
    The idea of playing Tetris Effect in VR has made me want to give it a go for the first time. There'd probably be a couple of other things too, but yeah, wouldn't be enough to warrant buying.

The thing with VR for me (other than all those fucking cables) is how cut off from the world you are.  My (very specific to me) circumstances means i do most of my gaming in one of the main family rooms.  I’m not tucked away in a gaming den at the top of the house, i play most of my stuff on the main family set in the main family room of the house, and so when i take off the headset that’s cutting out all my visual surroundings and unplug the headphones that are cutting off all my audio surroundings it’s fucking disconcerting to find my daughter quietly sat at the side of me or my wife getting annoyed because I’ve not responded to her.  I mean some of the VR stuff is jaw dropping at times but i just feel too uncomfortable removing myself from my surroundings to really want to bother with it all that often and for too long a time when i do.

Plus did i mention those fucking cables?

And Sonys fucking ridiculous idea to not allow HDR pass through on the first wave of PSVR?  Did I also mention that too?  Cos that’s also fucking annoying.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Cables are the main reason I've not leapt aboard the VR train. HTC have a wireless adaptor so hopefully Sony or Microsoft can do something similar come the next gen.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!