Unlisted Videos, a website for finding/sharing unlisted YouTube videos
‹ Previous1234
  • Unlisted Videos is a recently developed website which lets you submit the URLs of unlisted YouTube videos (along with info), search for submitted videos, and watch them on the site (where they are embedded).  This can all be done without registration.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have no idea what any of that means, I just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No idea what you're talking about.
  • Fuck that shit. People make their videos unlisted for a reason. I don't see why this exists other than for meddling folk to make other people's videos discoverable.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lace wigs?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I just read that some new site is going to offer a paid service for early access to "premium" youtube commentators, vloggers and other assorted turds. Hopefully that will fence off some drivel behind a paywall, this unlisted nonsense can feck off there too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That would be marvelous, think of how much pop-dreck could be siphoned off.  That wouldn't leave much though, mainly Mike Patton interviews and 80s cartoon intros.  As long as Nostalgia Critic or whatever the fuck he's called is paywalled or gassed or whatever.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Why are unlisted videos nonsense, Kow?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why would I want to see something that nobody could be bothered making findable to begin with? I barely have interest in the stuff I can find.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Haven't had one of these for a while. The forum's going up in the world.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    There's only one private vid I want access to and it's Scream by Sky Smith.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Lace wigs?

Bajeer has turned up in a couple of other threads with posts that appear to be the work of a human being, so I'm not sure that they are a spambot.
  • Kow wrote:
    Why would I want to see something that nobody could be bothered making findable to begin with? I barely have interest in the stuff I can find.
    All of my videos are unlisted. I use YouTube to host videos because they're quite good at hosting videos, and they work well with the forum software, facebook and twitter. But by making them unlisted, they don't get in anyone's way when they're searching YouTube. I'd also rather my videos were only viewed by visitors to this site or facebook friends.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The nonsense part is that if I have to go looking for them then they're not aimed at me or of interest to me. What purpose would your nonsense have for anybody outside here? Stop nit picking.
  • So, are you saying that a website for listing them is shit? Or that the notion of having unlisted videos is shit? You're not making yourself very clear, mate.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Doesn't work on my mobile so not interested regardless of content.

I can do you a good rate on a responsive website @bajeerho ;-)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Either way, this thread is a bold opening gambit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    So, are you saying that a website for listing them is shit? Or that the notion of having unlisted videos is shit? You're not making yourself very clear, mate.

The former, evidently.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Just looks like Kow and adkm had a case of 'were agreeing with each other but due to the inherent vagueness of text-only communications didn't realise it', which happens fairly frequently on forums.

In other news, I'm waiting for the website that lists unlisted numbers, so I can get back to my real hobby of stalking people. Video games are what I just do when I'm waiting for them to come home whilst hiding in the bushes across the road.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Idiot, you wait inside the house, BTK style.
  • This post is private.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Idiot, you wait inside the house, BTK style.

I had to look up BTK and now I'm depressed.

THANKS OBAMA.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Adkm should be an unlisted poster, and no website should exist to search for his posts

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAaaaaahhhhh..... ah feck off.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I loved the Bacon Tomato Killer, used to disguise himself as a sandwich and wait for his prey on their kitchen counter.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nightsporker was my fav, replaced all cutlery in your house with sporks. Later that night he'd come back and cut your throat and rape your wife. A real character.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    krs wrote:
    This post is private.
    Can anyone see this?  I can't see it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You probably need a Bear & Badger Gold account.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Nightsporker was my fav, replaced all cutlery in your house with sporks. Later that night he's come back and cut your throat and rape your wife. A real character.

Yeah he was a chancer and a half. John Wayne Spacey was class, would cut your missus' head off and deliver it to you in a box, then he'd walk away and his foot would unspaz.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Jeffrey Dharmandgreg was a trailblazer, boring you to death with bland fish-out-of-water sitcom tropes while simultaneously killing you to death by boring a hole in your skull and pouring acid into it.  Ahahaha, classic stuff from Jeff the funster there.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Fuck that shit. People make their videos unlisted for a reason. I don't see why this exists other than for meddling folk to make other people's videos discoverable.

There are many reasons why people choose to have unlisted videos. The site has a set of guidelines on what can and can't be put there. Whether or not a video is allowed there, is largely based on the likely reasons for it being unlisted. 

It is quite common for major accounts (e.g. bands, celebrities, companies etc) to have a few unlisted videos, that they distribute publicly through other methods.

Major accounts often make it so their subscribers get notified of the unlisted videos. This would lead to a higher ratio of upvotes to downvotes, and fewer troll comments. Major accounts also tend to share links to these unlisted videos via Twitter and Facebook. Live performances, behind-the-scenes, and teaser videos are often made unlisted simply to declutter their YouTube channel.

Some of the not so major accounts, embed unlisted videos on their website. They would have listed videos, but with messages (either in the video or in the description) saying that there are more videos on their website (to encourage more web-traffic). They too, often post links to their unlisted videos via social media.

Most of the unlisted videos on the front page appear to be from well known bands, brands, celebrities, video games etc. I really don't think Oasis, Pink Floyd, Google, Call of Duty, or League of Legends would be pissed off with their unlisted videos being shared elsewhere (which they had originally shared themselves in some way at some point in time).
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    All of my videos are unlisted. I use YouTube to host videos because they're quite good at hosting videos, and they work well with the forum software, facebook and twitter. But by making them unlisted, they don't get in anyone's way when they're searching YouTube. I'd also rather my videos were only viewed by visitors to this site or facebook friends.

On the front page, there are these guidelines for what is permitted and what is forbidden:

Permitted (at least in general): Unlisted videos from official accounts of celebrities (including 'YouTube celebrities'), bands, brands, companies, organisations etc; videos that were unlisted for no apparent reason other than to declutter; videos that are useful and/or interesting to others, that wouldn't harm anyone or infringe on anyone's privacy if shared.

Forbidden: Videos that were clearly unlisted for privacy reasons (such as videos aimed at friends, family, a workplace, etc); unlisted videos that are accompanied by a statement or an indication that the uploader prefers that the videos aren't shared widely; videos found listed elsewhere (unless the unlisted video was the original version); unlisted videos that are likely to become public in the near future; videos which shouldn't even be on YouTube e.g. adult videos, videos with illegal content, videos which infringe on copyrights etc.

Do your videos fall outside of the limitations stated in the forbidden section?  If so, then how?

Do your videos fall within the types of videos described in the permitted section?  If so, then how?
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!