The B&B Metal Thread
  • She doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid Ali.

These Dutch rock ladies on the other hand:

Edit: Page turn! Grrr.
  • She doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid Ali. These Dutch rock ladies on the other hand:

LOL. Anneke is in your first video. She was The Gathering's lead singer until 2007! Same girl, 15 years apart.

For female led power metal, can't really beat Nightwish. Original vocalist.

and new girl. 

And the Nordic nations do the best girl bands...

• Heh. Totally missed that, just pressed play and listened to the music while reading. That'll teach me to pay more attention :).

Never got into Nightwish, I've got Oceanborn though, maybe I'll dig it out and give it another go.

Edit: Oceanborn? I may be thinking of someone else...
  • Yup, it's Oceanborn. One of their early albums before they could afford a full orchestra. Check out Century Child, Once, Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum  on Spotify or Youtube. The former two with the more operatic singer, the latter two with the more conventional singer. I like them, but I also have a soft spot for Hans Zimmer soundtracks, as well as Two Steps From Hell's trailer music, and they're all very similar.
  • Hmm, watched a few YouTube vids and kinda remember why I wasn't that keen on them.

I do prefer the vocals on their newer stuff, but I'll have to listen to them a bit more (and with better speakers than on my phone) before I'm decided.
  • I can't seem to get youtube stuff on here at the moment, but follow this link for some Steel Panther: Death to all but Metal. Listen, laugh and enjoy!

Edit: I'm an idiot and this place is amazing!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Now I have worked out how to put in Youtube videos, here are some of the bands I am loving at the moment. You may notice that I do prefer 'proper' singing instead of screaming type stuff, but thats just personal taste.

Sonata Arctica are just epic, the guys accent really stands out.

For more of a ligh-hearted take on metal, Edguy are great and are incredible live.

I became a fan of these guys after Guitar Hero 3 and have loved them ever since, apart from their lead singer. Who they have since sacked, hired a new guy and released a great new album, including this fist-clenching, epic monster!

• I shall rectify the lack of screaming :D

• I've been listening to a lot of Sonata recently. The new album is superb IMO.

• Awesome, I heard a bit of it the other day, just waiting for my brother to bring over the CD so I can put it on my Ipod.

Have you seen their Live in Finland dvd? Well worth a look.

• Earthtone9 are doing their new album through PledgeMusic again, similar to a Kickstarter thing.

If you fancy giving some money you can do so here.
    For just £50 you can get a drum lesson, or for £200 for a day in the studio.

You can also get a taster right now of the new single Horizon's End

Love E9, Causes and Consequences was the nuts and Horizon's End sounds along the same lines. WIN!
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • The vids Mod posted of Jet Set Radio on the XBLA thread got me listening to Rob Zombie/White Zombie again. Went to see both at the Wolves Civic, and while Rob's always great to watch, it's White Zombie's performance that sticks in my mind. Just amazing.

Hmm, I've been looking for some live White Zombie stuff on YouTube, and while there's plenty to see, they doesn't seem half as good as I remember... guess I'll post an album track then.

• Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Nice one for posting that Shinji. Pledged a little myself and forwarded to my drummer mate who I'm sure will be keen to take up the offer of a lesson. Can't wait for the new album.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Also I should give my mate's bands a shout out.

LANDS - post metal/ambient hardcore. You can follow a link from here to download their latest EP for free. Obviously slightly biased but it's pretty awesome.

Solo Shoots First

Video shot on a shoestring budget so don't let it distract you. You can also download their debut EP from bandcamp if you like what you hear.
  • No worries Cosby. Sooner they get the money for the album the sooner we get to hear it. Went for the signed CD tshirt combo. Got the same last time and the shirt was tasty.

Love the Ambient Hardcore tag, sounds right up my alley. I'll get on it as soon as I wake up properly
  • Yeah I really like LANDS, I'll definitely keep an eye out for those guys.
  • Not metal, but I think it fits in this thread. I'm off to see Sunn O))) next Monday to be deafened and have my bones shaken.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget

• Also enjoying Upon a Burning Body at the moment. Saw them interviewed on Scuzz and they said they were too heavy to play during the daytime (I don't quite understand the reasoning behind that), but they seem pretty good.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Not metal, but I think it fits in this thread. I'm off to see Sunn O))) next Monday to be deafened and have my bones shaken.

Saw them in a tiny venue before. Prepare to have your head crushed. It's like waking up after a really rough heavy sleep walking out after those guys
  • Shinji wrote:
    Not metal, but I think it fits in this thread. I'm off to see Sunn O))) next Monday to be deafened and have my bones shaken.
    Saw them in a tiny venue before. Prepare to have your head crushed. It's like waking up after a really rough heavy sleep walking out after those guys

Haha. Amazing. I'm seeing them at HMV Ritz in Manchester, so not a huge venue. Looking forward to it, if not just for the experience. They're not the type of band I'd just sit and listen to though.
  • Haha. Amazing. I'm seeing them at HMV Ritz in Manchester, so not a huge venue. Looking forward to it, if not just for the experience. They're not the type of band I'd just sit and listen to though.

Yeah, to be honest it's a bit much more me to listen to as well. Went more for the novelty of having seen Sunn O))). Well worth it
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Not usually one for memes but I thought my fellow metal heads would appreciate this one.

550927_10151040584633134_359722752_n.jpg
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Hey guys, Ugly Kid Joe stole the show at Download. Yeah, I'm as amazed as you are.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
  • Shinji wrote:
    Earthtone9 are doing their new album through PledgeMusic again, similar to a Kickstarter thing. If you fancy giving some money you can do so here. For just £50 you can get a drum lesson, or for £200 for a day in the studio. You can also get a taster right now of the new single Horizon's End Love E9, Causes and Consequences was the nuts and Horizon's End sounds along the same lines. WIN!

Going to quote myself here. E9 seem to struggling a little bit to raise the capital needed for the new album so if you have any e9 love then please stick a few quid towards it. £8 will get you the digital download on release, well worth it based on their recent EP
  • Been fairly quiet on the metal front for me lately. Except today when I picked up Gojira's L'Enfant Sauvage.

Going to completely jump on the Gojira love-in train that's been making the rounds cause I'm two songs in and it's fucking brilliant! 
    Give it a listen, it's heavy, complex and constantly surprising. Give it a listen. 

Also E9 reached their total for the album so that'll be getting made. Also anyone who pledged gets the live album from the show in London's Relentless Garage last year for free!
  • YES TEMPY!!!!!! That's the business!
  • 'Tis grand indeed. I'd forgotten about their new album, ordered from Amazon :).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!